Does Donald Trump suffer from an inferiority complex?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:38:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does Donald Trump suffer from an inferiority complex?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Donald Trump suffer from an inferiority complex?  (Read 2820 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:55:33 AM »

I expressed this suspicion earlier, before the election, but yesterday’s press conference gave me more confidence that Trump suffers from an inferiority complex. I don’t say this as someone who dislikes him, just as an observer. Just look at the dude, even from a neutral perspective: He lifts himself up and always comes to “how great” he is (“massive movement”, “tremendous crowds” etc.). He has also a rigid “friend or foe thinking”. There is only black and white for him. No grey. People and things are either “terrific, great” or “bad”, “evil” or “stupid”.

I just searched for some detailed information on the internet (although I know most of them since I read some psychological books; but that kind of stuff has nothing to do with my occupation or job. Just for personal interest in such topics).

I picked up some, not all, points from this page

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sounds familiar with Trump?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2017, 07:27:52 AM by Meclazine »

1h
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
.@CNN is in a total meltdown with their FAKE NEWS because their ratings are tanking since election and their credibility will soon be gone!

The answer to your question is clearly no.

I love these tweets.

No left-wing debate-rigging alfalfa-munching hairy-legged sandal-wearing lentil-eating poodle-rooster from CNN is safe in this political environment.

Trump is a megalomaniac. He suffers no complexes based on inferiority. He fears no worldly terror.

He just has to tame his online posting habits.

I know you guys hate him, but please keep him long enough so i can watch him dismantle CNN and build that mall.

#dontimpeach

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »

Any small criticism he freaks out like a child not getting a preferred birthday gift, so likely.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »

I'd say so. After watching him for a year and a half, there is clearly something to that analysis. It's not like he is a secretive man and there isn't much to go on - he always wants to be the center of attention and thus his personal weaknesses have become somewhat evident. He's almost like an extreme example of a person with an inferiority complex. I wouldn't be surprised if he was used as an example in psychology classes at some point in the future.

But, you know, don't be surprised if answers to your question split along partisan lines (or least supporter vs non-supporter)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:12:20 PM »

Trump suffers from something to always have to lash out at those who question him or who say anything negative about him.

I think mainly he suffers from an emotionally stunted growth: he never grew emotionally past the age of 12.

That may well be the reason for his inferiority complex.
Siphersh
Hungary
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 02:39:17 AM »

I think it's very clear that Trump has an inferiority complex. It's a very typical case. This is exactly what inferiority complex looks like.

No one with a healthy self-esteem engages in such cartoonish self-aggrandizement.

And all the other symptoms fit perfectly too.

It's easy for someone who was born rich to develop an inferiority complex. What's more surprising, in terms of psychology, is that so many people support him as a leader. People don't usually trust someone who's this obviously very insecure.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 02:44:11 AM »

I think mainly he suffers from an emotionally stunted growth: he never grew emotionally past the age of 12.

No, much worse. He once said he was basically the same person he had been in first grade.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 10:08:48 AM »

Oh god yes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies