US House Redistricting: New York (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:41:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: New York (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: New York  (Read 137490 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 15, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »

Wouldn't Chris Lee's seat be vulnerable given that it contains all of Niagara County, a slice of Monroe County, and Erie County (minus Buffalo), or do the rural counties have enough people to overcome this?  This may be the GOP's best realistic bet/they may not have much choice, but (correct me if I'm wrong), this map seems like it would eliminate Gibson in exchange for Ackerman, while also causing Lee and Buerkle to lose (although Buerkle is pretty much a goner no matter what).  Also, I could see Owens' district taking some Democratic parts of Oneida county and giving Hanna's district some Republican parts of Gibson's old district (although I'm not sure how either party would feel about that).  Other than that, this is probably more or less how the map will end up looking.  Now if the Democrats get a Republican State Senator to vote with them on redistricting in some sort of deal, than that obviously changes everything...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »

I don't think the Democrats would ever agree to screw over Syracuse like that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »

I still don't think the Democrats will throw throw away an easy pickup like Buerkle's seat
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies