Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:03:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic National Convention days 3 and 4 **live commentary thread**  (Read 22268 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 28, 2016, 08:35:02 PM »

The last two speeches almost made me shed a tear. I'm applauding like an idiot from my living room.

Ditto... already shed a few tears from the families of murdered police officers to the parents of Captain Kahn.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »

Generals = wants more war

gotcha, Bernie Bros.

Don't boo god damn generals. Boo military contractors, Boo Congressmen, but don't boo god damn generals.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »

I'm glad I'm hearing tough national security. The Sanders loons can go to hell. Babies. They won't last a day in the military.

Hey buddie.... lots of us older Sander supporters have had friends and family members that have served in the military, and even a few friends/family members lost in military service.

There's a lot more to support for Bernie Sanders than just a small number of college kids <25 years.

I appreciate and respect your service to our country in the US Armed Forces, and don't get too discouraged when there are a handful of delegates that are booing more about Democratic Party officials that signed off on Iraq War 2.0.

As a fellow Oregonian, I am proud that the Oregon National Guard was one of first units sent to Iraq as part of the Rumsfeld "Stop Loss" program and lost a friend at the hands of a roadside bomb outside of Taji/Camp Cooke who was a gunner in an Humvee that was not "uparmored", who grew up in the same small-town Oregon community where I grew up, where I went to my friends wedding and funeral separated over a very few short years.

Political seasons get rough, and yes there are a small number of Bernie delegates booing at the wrong time, but trust me the adults in the room and vast majority of Bernie supporters aren't just knee-jerks that don't get what it means to enlist with all of the sacrifices that entails.

But please, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater on account of a handful of young kids that have never been to a National Convention making a little noise regarding the decision to go to war in Iraq that allegedly had WMDs, where my friend died in combat, burned to death alive as a gunner most exposed to the impact.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies