Caroline Kennedy in 2016? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:22:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Caroline Kennedy in 2016? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Caroline Kennedy in 2016?  (Read 7745 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: December 07, 2008, 05:00:15 AM »

Guys, chill out.

She hasn't shown the kind of passion for ambitious political ascension that would be required for the presidency.  If she wanted a Representative spot, it'd probably be hers.   She's shown interest in the senate, but that's just because it'd be super easy.  She doesn't have the heart for a presidential run.

I mean, she's not the odds-favorite to even be appointed to the senate!  I mean, she could get the slot, but it would be a big, big surprise and would be the NY Gov basically surrendering the choice to Obama. 

I mean, she's a potential rising star, but her personality thus far has shown that this is not THAT likely.  I suspect she would be content with the senate and not seek higher office.  She's also too liberal for mainstream America (and almost too liberal for New York but not quite because of her last name).

Anyway, this is an interesting scenario, but she's probably not going to be chosen and if she is (which is possible) she's probably not going to run for president in 2016.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »

I'm becoming more confident it won't be Kennedy.  There's been a pushback from angry Clintonistas and some state legislators.  Appointing her because Ted and Obama offer to be your allies might be a mistake after the Blago affair
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies