Ceilings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:55:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Ceilings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ceilings  (Read 4393 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« on: January 18, 2016, 12:31:08 PM »

I do agree with you that Republicans have to find a way to reach minority voters but if you look at it the Hispanic Population boomed from being 4% of the US population in 1980 to being 16% in the 2010 US Census and being 17% of the US Population in 2014. No other minority group had that kind of population growth in that time frame. Maybe Dems will add new voters to the rolls when Immigration Reform happens whenever that is because of the Levin's, Hannity's, and Coulters will be protesting it just like Limbaugh did in 2007 the next time the immigration debate comes again.

In regards to the other part of the post, like before, I was just saying that those issues are important to Millennials and Republicans are really on the wrong side of them, which makes reaching out to Millennials so much harder. If they don't want to, then fine, but they can't expect Millennials to just waltz into their arms when the GOP is, in some cases, fighting the issues Millennials want resolved.

As for Hispanic growth - I mean, I agree with you that they are a very large force now and growing rapidly, but on the other hand, Asian growth is technically the fastest at the moment (unless something has changed in past months). They still aren't nearly as large though, and influence is centered in specific areas. Anyway, yes, path to citizenship will fatten the Democratic voter rolls for sure and with GOP support among Hispanics being what it is, they should be afraid of that. Especially considering the number of Hispanics in Texas, Florida and California.

They have a lot of work to do, unless they hope to just stick to their guns and wait years for voters to change their views to something that fits with their agenda, which will probably never happen.

I hope my party starts supporting amnesty every few years for this reason. Red tape has never helped anyone and that's part of their frustration. We're not even vocal on the issue.
Well the Hard-Right or "The Immigration Hard-Liners" jump all over the issue when the subject comes up. They basically suck all the oxygen out of the room for us Republicans that want the issue resolved. Its not like the 11.3 million illegal immigrants are going anywhere anytime soon.

I made a mistake by the way in my last post Hispanics made up 6.4% of the US Population not 4% in 1980.

How is appealing to Hispanics through amnesty going to get GOP votes? There's more to just that issue. You know, a lot of them also want freebies from the government like SNAP, housing, college tuition, drivers license, automatic voter registration, etc. Those are things the GOP cannot sway them over to unless they make serious changes in their policies. Hard working people who play by the rules don't want to see that happening.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

How is appealing to Hispanics through amnesty going to get GOP votes? There's more to just that issue. You know, a lot of them also want freebies from the government like SNAP, housing, college tuition, drivers license, automatic voter registration, etc. Those are things the GOP cannot sway them over to unless they make serious changes in their policies. Hard working people who play by the rules don't want to see that happening.

I'm getting the vibe that these hard working people don't want to see that happening because they think they will be footing the bill? All these undocumented immigrants would also be paying taxes - Back taxes as well, so let's not act like they won't be contributing just like all those other peoples. They are as hard working as anyone else. That's really not fair at all.

Also, what exactly does automatic voter registration have to do with it? That idea is meant to make sure as many people as possible do not get blocked from voting because they missed some arbitrary, outdated registration deadline that serves absolutely no purpose anymore except to block potential voters. There's no good reason for anyone to be against it.
People who don't vote shouldn't be automatically registered. They're not getting blocked, they're simply not doing their part and being passive about registration. 

Should people who own drones be required to register through the FAA? No. Again, it's more government coercion and meddling.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies