Opinion of the phrase "Wussification of America" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:15:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the phrase "Wussification of America" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this phrase
Freedom phrase

Horrible phrase

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Opinion of the phrase "Wussification of America"  (Read 2696 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: December 28, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »

I've always heard "pussification," but it's essentially the same phrase.  The fact that Little League baseball gives every player a trinket at the end of the season instead of just the champions is extremely offensive to some people.
It should be very offensive to everyone. In Little League, the best team should get the trophy. I played soccer when I was in kindergarten and first grade, and I remember doing nothing but crying on the sidelines when I didn’t get to kick the ball in whichever direction. Why should the players like myself (the ones signed up by their parents even though they had no idea what soccer was) deserve the same reward that the serious players with actual talent and determination get? That’s asinine. The term “wussification” is annoying as hell, but some truth lies in it. Everybody shouldn’t get a trophy.

In 8th grade, they had this thing where you could send carnations every Valentine’s Day. And everyone in the class got one except me. In the past, that type of thing hurt me, but by eighth grade I had no desire to get one, nor was I upset that I wasn’t considered. None of my friends sent any out, though they all received some from other classmates, so it wasn’t like I was ignored by my friends. Anyway, the girl behind me had twenty something carnations. She had far, far more than everybody else. My teacher took one of hers and appropriated it to me. That was offensive to me. Somebody paid a dollar for that carnation to send to her, not me. It was not mine, and I had no right to have it. And worst of all, he wouldn’t let me give it back to her. I returned it to her later, but I thought the whole incident was awful.

There once was a time when parents did not yell at their children’s teachers. My parents, praise God, always had the sense to know that 9.9 times out of 10, my poor grades were due to my own laziness. Sometimes teachers can be incompetent, and sometimes they do unfairly pick on certain students. But every single bias accusation against teachers that I have heard from my classmates has been complete bullsh*t or excuses.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies