Is Sinclair Group Right or Wrong? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:36:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Is Sinclair Group Right or Wrong? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Sinclair Group Right or Wrong in forcing its stations to air an anti-Kerry documentary while not showing an anti-Bush documentary?
Right

Wrong

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Is Sinclair Group Right or Wrong?  (Read 6327 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 11, 2004, 11:23:06 PM »

Sinclair was the same corporation who refused to air a show listing the soldiers dead in Iraq because it was "too political." And now this.

Two words: What idiots.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 06:33:52 PM »

In science class, I once had to make a working mini-car out of a mouse trap. My car kept veering to the left whenever I'd start it. I put a rock on one side to balance it out, and it seemed to run fine. My teacher walked up and took the rock off.

"You can't have this rock on there," he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because it doesn't really fix anything," he replied.

He was right. I wasn't fixing the problem, just balancing it out in an unnatural way. And so goes media coverage. Using the "the mainstream media is biased, so why can't Sinclair be?" is a poor argument. The best way to fix media bias is not with opposing media bias.

It can be argued until one is blue that network coverage does just as much harm to Bush as this movie would do to Kerry, but the fact remains that if we want to get rid of bias, further media polarization is not the way.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 09:01:56 PM »

Why the crying about this?  Any intelligent person can grab the freakin remote and turn it off if they don't want to watch it.  Nobody gagged anybody and dragged them to the Mikie Mooreon movie did they?  It is a company making an economic expression with all the risks that any decision carries with it.  It is also a free expression decision.  If the public at large do not like or appreciate the documentary, the company will be hit in the bottom line.

It is so typical of the left that if you disagree with them, it means you are wrong.  How assinine.

Do you feel the same way about CNN?

Also, I don't believe anyone is saying that. Although you are wrong. (Just kidding.)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 10:29:35 PM »

This program is offered free to 40% of homes in the United States. Fahrenheit 9/11 required people to pay. I still think it's stupid.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 05:48:21 PM »

The FCC will not block it:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6249909/

Score one for freedom of the Press!

The FCC is the only organization making the right decision here.

I think it is legal, much like devil worship is legal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies