obama's speech. will it help (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  obama's speech. will it help (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: obama's speech. will it help  (Read 8860 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: March 18, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »

Seriously, this the best GOP dirty trick that has ever been done. I wonder what they will do next and I wonder how much longer this will last.

Um... did the GOP create Trinity UCC just so that Obama would start attending there?  Is Jeremiah Wright really a GOP hack activist that we made up?

Ummm.... everybody could know about this all along, yet you waited until Obama was about to be nominated for president to make this a big deal. Like I said, this is your greatest scam yet.

And Democrats are too dumb to do their own research? I'm astounded at how, if this has been public information all through 2007, it would come out at this moment.

For what it's worth, I didn't think it was a horrible speech. A part of the culture that he comes from is horrible and bigoted. No speech can change that. He rejected the views and emphasized the exact opposite sentiments, without glossing anything over. And he can't talk about race without presenting two different views of the picture. That's not "moral equivalence", that's just the fact. Actually he could have presented even more different perspectives, but the point was made.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »

Yeah. He was supposed to be finished at least twice now, wasn't he?

He was also supposed to have had this wrapped up at least twice now.

I love how Republicans love to constantly use that to diss Obama rather than recognize the huge, passionate support that Hillary Clinton has. Most Democrats I've talked to have said that they like both of them; the closeness of the race reflects their strengths as much as their weaknesses.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies