2014 Selfie Creepfest/Post a picture of yourself thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:00:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  2014 Selfie Creepfest/Post a picture of yourself thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2014 Selfie Creepfest/Post a picture of yourself thread  (Read 108313 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: February 10, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »

Yeah, it's no denying that the Torie animated fossil man can look rather dour when determined, facing uphill odds. He hates to lose. Fortunately partner Dan appeared, and the man within my fist took a bye for me, just for the theater of it all. We then both broke out laughing, and then ...  Smiley

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:53:28 PM »

Yeah, it's no denying that the Torie animated fossil man can look rather dour when determined, facing uphill odds. He hates to lose. Fortunately partner Dan appeared, and the man within my fist took a bye for me, just for the theater of it all. We then both broke out laughing, and then ...  Smiley

Did you do him afterwards?

This is supposed to be a "General Audiences" rated site. Thus, it is more acceptable to chat about conflict than it is about love. Deal with it. Tongue If you don't like it, move to a place like Sweden, where love is in, and violence and conflict out, when it comes to what is "family friendly."
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:09:58 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2014, 09:11:57 PM by Torie »

good god, man!  what happened to your hair?  Were you wearing a wig in your previous photos?

I just shave off the disgusting thin strands of hair remaining on the top of my head now. I think my testosterone injections might have something to do with it, and I don't use Rogaine anymore, having decided to just embrace my near baldness. I wear a cap in reverse when out and about, to try to look a bit more badass, and younger. Wisdom is in part about realizing at some point that further resistance is futile - and counterproductive.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2014, 10:03:15 PM by Torie »

Atlas is a gay dating site masquerading as a political discussion forum. This is a well-known fact.

Ludicrous actually. But then you already knew that. The number of gay hookups btw via this site is very probably exactly zero. But then perhaps you have an over-active imagination. Might that be possible?

Only a dumb would troll for sex around this venue in any event. The effort-reward ratio just doesn't pencil, and beyond that, a high percentage of the posters would potentially represent jail bait in any event (as in statutory rape).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:27:48 PM »

Atlas is a gay dating site masquerading as a political discussion forum. This is a well-known fact.

Ludicrous actually. But then you already knew that. The number of gay hookups btw via this site is very probably exactly zero. But then perhaps you have an over-active imagination. Might that be possible?

Well, there's exactly one real life one I know of (as well as several internet relationships which have happened on Atlas).

What does an "internet" relationship mean to you? Sure I have made friends and actually met, and chat elsewhere, with a couple of posters, but it's well, nothing about matters of the flesh.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »

The two love birds as seen last Sunday, which was  a day where you could see forever from this vantage point about a mile from my house, from La Jolla to the south (next to UC San Diego), and Malibu to the north, with snow capped Mt. Baldy in view (the highest point in the San Gabriel Mountains above Clairmont/Upland, about 10,000 feet in elevation).

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2014, 08:15:30 PM by Torie »

Just too many possibilities in your post.  I see four easy jokes right off the top, but I'll just go for the low-hanging fruit.  

Actually, I won't even go there.  Too lazy.

Still, I have to ask, what happened to Antonio, or Emilio, or whatever the arm-wrestling guy's name was?  You sure move on fast, cowboy.

Well it is named Mt. Baldy, because its "head" is bald. I didn't name it. Anyway, as to arm wrestling, his name is Matt. He is my trainer. My partner is Dan. But well, in the gay world ... no I won't go there. Let's just say, that sex in the gay world, has a different "protocol" often than in much of the straight world. Men are wired differently than females in general. Who knew?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2014, 08:28:09 PM by Torie »

Yeah this is alarming.  He's willing to make light of other peoples' relationships and yet he moves through his in matters of days or weeks.

Typical baby boomer "do as I say and not as I do" bullsh**ttery.

What you wrote seems to have little or nothing to do with what I wrote, now or in the past, if you are referring to me. Anyway, I have been in a stable relationship with Dan for about 18 months now. We love each other very deeply. Thanks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 09:20:48 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2014, 09:27:09 PM by Torie »

Then I'm happy for you, Torie.  I misread from other pictures you posted with a different guy wherein I believe you made some leading comments about being in a relationship with him.  

I don't believe this was just me... as Angus seemed to confirm it in the post above.  So I apologize for that.  I still don't appreciate comments belittling or making light of long distance relationships from a guy who realized he was gay around the time he started collecting social security.

Not to keep beating a drum until it has no sound, but "long distance relationships?" Color me confused.

Oh, and I don't collect social security. The implicit rate of return for waiting until age 70 is about 8% annualized, a most excellent rate of return for a near risk free investment, when the same elsewhere earns about 0%. Sorry to digress into the hazarai. And as for chronological age itself, I apologize for having a rather pedestrian emotional development. But the thing is the journey, more than reaching the destination. At least for me.  
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »

Memo's straight (I think I have told you that about a dozen times now Grumps), and Matt plays the field. Cheers.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »

FTR, are talking about a different Matt here, correct? Tongue

Yeah. If I were referring to you, I should be banned. Smiley  But do you look as hot as my Matt does?  Just asking out of idle curiosity. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »

Just to make it crystal clear, I don't "cheat." That would be dishonest, and dishonesty and cowardice are two most deadly sins in my mind.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2014, 04:15:14 PM by Torie »

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and having folks dislike you for being who you are, just comes with the territory. No problem. The end.

Oh, and what I said was based on my personal anecdotal experience, and my partner's.  It was not intended to imply it was based on some data based scientific statistical study (maybe there are some out there, I don't know). It just seemed the way things are to me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »

Atop a dessicated ridge, older brother Jeff after a looong climb across country, up hill and down dale, gesticulating at the Torie man about the nuances of the local Death Valley geological phenomena. He was in his element, and at age 67 and quite gaunt looking, can still hike for hours on end, over tough and steep and well, sometimes not too stable, terrain, as if he were the energizer bunny.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »

Don's a handsome fellow, he just has bad taste.  (At least I knew it wasn't Memo this time).

His name is "Dan" actually.  And yes, I feel most fortunate that he has such "bad taste." Thank you! 

And oh yes, he's lost 30 pounds so far on the Torie diet. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:31 PM »

Why does everyone take selfies in the latrine?  Ugh

Cuz that is where the mirrors are at dude.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »

[/URL]
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2014, 10:06:13 AM by Torie »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 12:55:56 PM by Torie »

Moi, looking more ancient than ever, with partner Dan, music composer Tim Hecker (BRTD would just love his music - very sensual, and you can feel the vibrations hitting your body in a very physical way), and artist neighbor Marc Scrivo, at home in Hudson.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 04:33:56 PM by Torie »

How did Torie meet Tim Hecker of all people?

He rented my house in Silverlake to which I planned to retire until I caught the Hudson bug. So Tim moves from Montreal to Silverlake, and I move from OC to Hudson, and he comes to Hudson to put on a concert. He's a brilliant man, and extremely articulate to boot. Small world!  

He's coming back to Hudson in November. Hudson is actually quite an important pit stop these days on the "edgy" artistic circuit. Every week just has a host of artistic activities, from poetry readings, to author's talks, to music concerts, to gallery openings, whatever. It's a veritable feast, and all within a 10 minute walk. Tonight, is a performance art gig right on my block at the former Charles Williams School, to which Dan and I will be going. John Ashbery, the poet, actually lives in Hudson, and gave a poetry symposium with students from all over the US, and did a reading of his poetry, last week. Fantastic! Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2014, 04:45:54 PM by Torie »

Moi, looking more ancient than ever, with partner Dan, music composer Tim Hecker (BRTD would just love his music - very sensual, and you can feel the vibrations hitting your body in a very physical way), and artist neighbor Marc Scrivo, at home in Hudson.

You and Dan are adorable together.  He seems like a sweetie... what a great smile! Grin

Thanks. I am incredibly lucky that Dan came into my life, no doubt about it. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »

Down in the dumps because of the Scottish vote?  I certainly hope it's something that well - temporarily situational.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2014, 08:03:50 PM by Torie »

The swan and the ugly ducking on the "Poets' Walk," in northern Dutchess County, on part of the former Livingston estate (signer of the Declaration of Independence, and High Court Judge), whose tract of land took in the now northern 5th of Dutchess County, from the Hudson River to Massachusetts. This area was cleared by his bait and switched German tenant farmers, who were promised land in fee simple by Livingston to induce them to help populate his own personal real estate empire, and then upon arrival, were offered a mere tenancy, and being economically desperate, they accepted veritable serfdom.  Their issue lashed out in  the "rent rebellion" of 1839, and certain accommodations were made. Livingston's issue on the other hand built estates all along the Hudson River in northern Dutchess, one of which was owned by Gore Vidal for about 10 years, just up the road a couple of miles. One of the joys of the Hudson Valley, is history  - colorful history, naughty history (e.g.., Hudson just being awash in historical sin, from red light districts to gambling parlors, to 45 bars at one time, the majority of which were owned by Quakers, but I digress) - is just here, there and everywhere, up close and personal. It just isn't Orange County, CA - at all. Smiley

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2014, 03:03:18 PM by Torie »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. The tracks are the RR line from NYC to Albany, which runs right next to the east side of the Hudson River. The other pic is at the end of the main commercial street in Hudson (Warren Street), at which beyond in the direction I am facing lies Promenade Hill and then the Hudson River.

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies