The map as it stands now-
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:28:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The map as it stands now-
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The map as it stands now-  (Read 4610 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 07:18:45 PM »
« edited: December 04, 2008, 07:33:28 PM by DukeFan22 »

Strong Obama: 181 EVs
Lean Obama: 50 EVs
Slight Obama: 24 EVs
Toss-up: 63 EVs
Silght Rep: 58 EVs
Lean Rep: 39 EVs
Strong Rep: 123 EVs
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »

Strong Obama: 181 EVs
Lean Obama: 50 EVs
Slight Obama: 24 EVs
Toss-up: 63 EVs
Silght Rep: 58 EVs
Lean Rep: 39 EVs
Strong Rep: 123 EVs

I think this map is the best one so far that I have seen. Nevada usually is close to the national average. This year Obama had everything going for him plus something else-McCain only visited the state once in the last 2 weeks of the campaign I believe and had one of the worst on the ground organixation in NV as well as other states I have ever seen. If the GOP learns how to organise again it would be in the same catgory as CO within 2pts of Nat average just like in 2004.
Blazers93
Lamrock
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 01:49:05 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2008, 01:53:08 AM by Lamrock »

Map as it stands now considering results vs. national average, demographics and trends.

90% Dem: wtf Dem
60% Dem: Strong Dem
50% Dem: Solid Dem
40% Dem: Lean Dem
30% Dem: Slight Dem
Tossup: Tossup
30% Rep: Slight Republican
40% Rep: Lean Republican
50% Rep: Solid Republican
60% Rep: Strong Republican
Lunar

Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 01:56:08 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2008, 02:00:55 AM by Lunar Sr. »

Lamrock, if you are comparing things to their national average, should Iowa and Colorado cease to be solidly colored Democratic?  I mean, subtract Obama's national total from those states and it results in a number noticeably lower than Bush's national average minus his number in a number of states Obama dominated in.  Be open minded.

I mean, I'm going to assume that if the candidate next year for the GOP won the Iowa primary (highly likely), they'd had a great organization and appeal in the state.  McCain ignored Iowa.
Blazers93
Lamrock
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 02:00:34 AM »

Well, those states went 2-3 points towards Obama from the National Average. Colorado remains slight dem, and I suppose Iowa would logically be slight or toss-up as well. I thought Iowa was won by the same margin as New Mexico.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 02:46:04 AM »

Yes Missouri voted for McCain, but I don't think Missouri is that Republican. I'd change it to Slight Republican and change Nevada to Slight Democrat. But other than that i'd say that's about right.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 03:20:11 AM »

248 - 200 - 90

But remember "slight" states won't be all slight at the same time, depending on the GOP candidate (business, centrist, evangelical, MidWesterner,...) and depending on successes and failures of Obama (foregin policy, the economy, health care, "values" and cultural issues, immigration,...).

And there is a difference between each group of slight states, depending on the trend of each of them (e.g., AZ trending Dem, MO trending GOP / NV trending Dem, MN trending GOP)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 08:08:54 AM »

Why do people consider Pennsylvania a toss-up? I have never seen anything in that state to prove it. Obama lets McCain run loose there for weeks and he gets spanked, Murtha wins re-election pretty easily... the only thing that doesn't help is Specter, and Obama didn't win as big as Clinton in 96.

Other than that I basically agree, it must take a huge GOTV effort in Sarpy to win Omaha.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 11:44:52 AM »

Why do people consider Pennsylvania a toss-up? I have never seen anything in that state to prove it. Obama lets McCain run loose there for weeks and he gets spanked, Murtha wins re-election pretty easily... the only thing that doesn't help is Specter, and Obama didn't win as big as Clinton in 96.

Other than that I basically agree, it must take a huge GOTV effort in Sarpy to win Omaha.

Although, if there was an actual tie in the PV, with NO idiosynchratic state swings, this is what would happen-

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies