2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:00:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 181727 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: August 24, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »

Boyd is down to a 51-49 lead in FL-02, but that was with a big reporting from Leon County, so he should probably win.
Wow, I was expecting him to do better because of his vote for HCR.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:34:58 PM »

Rivera is winning in FL-25. I see a rare Democratic opportunity for a pickup.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »

Dixiecrats still exist! Democrats have three times the amount of primary voters than the Republicans have in Lafayette County.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:22:04 PM »

Do you really need to ask that?  It's like asking what's taking Chicago so long?

AP's tally is behind Miami-Dade's website.  They're at about 25% reporting.  McCollum's lead remains, but there weren't many votes there compared to the early votes.

Scott wins this, in my estimation.
How is Rivera doing in FL-25?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:32:27 PM »

Each of the three competitive AZ dems are going to lose their seats.  That is as clear as ever from the republican turnout so far in the primary. 

AZ1-30725 DEM / 55314 REP
AZ5-18230 DEM / 39687 REP
AZ8-33979 DEM / 47590 REP
There aren't many registered Democrats in AZ-5, just many swing voters that vote for Mitchell. In AZ-1, the Democratic base is composed of Natives and Hispanics. If there is going to be low turnout in November, their turnout is going to be bottoming out for a primary that little care about. In AZ-8 the gap isn't too severe.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 01:04:58 AM »

Good for Alaska, Murkowski was terrible.  At least she's gone.
She might be corrupt and has horrible positions on energy issues, but at least she was pro-choice, and supported stem cell research, plus she voted for SCHIP. Miller will be just as bad on energy issues, and has a good chance of being just as corrupt. Alaska is trading one evil for something much worse.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:38:16 PM »

Who is Chauvin?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:22 PM »

All of this is very upsetting. Go Coons.
You must be the only Democrat in the country who is thinking this.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

The difference is I don't see Coons as a shoo-in. This is going to be a tough, drag out, point to point, ad to ad, house to house fight. It's not going to be one that feels particularly good, but it's going to require passion and energy. Assuming that O'Donnell can't "possibly" win the general is the best way to guarantee that, that is precisely what happens.
Look at PPP's twitter right now or wait until their poll comes out tomorrow. I don't even have to waste my time posting a long response to this. It should be obvious to you why O'Donnell can't win in Delaware.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »

The difference is I don't see Coons as a shoo-in. This is going to be a tough, drag out, point to point, ad to ad, house to house fight. It's not going to be one that feels particularly good, but it's going to require passion and energy. Assuming that O'Donnell can't "possibly" win the general is the best way to guarantee that, that is precisely what happens.
Look at PPP's twitter right now or wait until their poll comes out tomorrow. I don't even have to waste my time posting a long response to this. It should be obvious to you why O'Donnell can't win in Delaware.

Beet believed FL-19 would flip and PA-12 would be a GOP shoo-in.
I know, in his defense though I thought PA-12 would go pretty strongly for Burns. Then again the results didn't surprise me much.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »

PPP are looking like pimps after this one. It must be said.
That is true. PPP has another in the bag.
If you can admit that PPP nailed this one, why can't you admit that O'Donnell is going to be defeated in November? It would take a literal miracle for her to turn those Favorable numbers around.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »

PPP are looking like pimps after this one. It must be said.
That is true. PPP has another in the bag.
If you can admit that PPP nailed this one, why can't you admit that O'Donnell is going to be defeated in November? It would take a literal miracle for her to turn those Favorable numbers around.
Get back to me with what the polls look like in mid to late October.

I agree that Coons would win today, but all I'm saying is we can't get complacent about this one. The polls have changed really fast this year - usually in favor of tea party nutters.

Beet's 1st law of campaigns: When the numbers say A and the energy says B, A will move towards B.

All I'm saying is that Coons needs some actual energy behind him and not just 'oh, he's a shoo-in, let's laugh it up' to get the win that admittedly he probably can get.
You're missing the point...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies