2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:07:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 182058 times)
sg0508
United States

« on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »

Mike needs just about 60% in New Castle since that's where about 60% of the votes will come from.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »

If the votes were coming from New Castle, the race would have been called already since he's trailing.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »

If the votes were coming from New Castle, the race would have been called already since he's trailing.

Not necessarily. MSM is very skittish about calling races.
Since that's going to be his county, it would be called.  He's going to lose the two southern counties.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 07:47:56 PM »

There are unfortunately, a lot of dumb, uneducated people in America.  This race is proof of that.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »

If the Tea Party's center is suburban America, then this result should not be entirely surprising, fwiw.  But I'd like to see it broken down first.
No.  The Tea Partiers are likely rural America.  Why does not that shock me?  Look for the flags on the back of the pickups as you head further south.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »

215/325 54.6% O'Donnell

It's over folks.
Unless it's called, it's not over, although not promising.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »

Most of the results left are in New Castle, but considering how O'Donnell's run there, I doubt it.
That's why there is still hope.  That's where most of the population is.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2010, 08:06:06 PM by sg0508 »

If the Tea Party's center is suburban America, then this result should not be entirely surprising, fwiw.  But I'd like to see it broken down first.
No.  The Tea Partiers are likely rural America.  Why does not that shock me?  Look for the flags on the back of the pickups as you head further south.

Predictable trolling.  lol

Anyway, I'll have to examine things on this race to see whether it fits that dynamic when we have full numbers.  It may well not.

Well, so far, Castle won most of suburban New Castle and O'Donnell the rural parts of the state - in some RDs, heavily.  So maybe not.
Another intelligent soul on here. Where do you think the heart of the GOP is today?  It's in the freakin deep south.  You think the well-educated suburbanites are going to vote for this lunatic?  Hell, the GOP couldn't buy votes in suburban America anymore.  NJ, PA, IL, WA, OR, CT...we used to kill the democrats in the burbs and that's why those were our states.  Wondering why we can't win any of them anymore?
sg0508
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »

Magnificent work by DE Republicans. Glorious stuff. I had a feeling since the poll came out that O'Donnell would win, but I never thought it'd be by this much.

It'd also be cool if my Francophone brethren Lamontagne won in NH, though more for partisan reasons than ethnic reasons.
Yeah? You just lost us the seat pal (unless that is "sarcasm on").
sg0508
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »

Nope.  The party will never see my vote again.  Tonight was the backbreaker. 
sg0508
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

Amazing, really amazing. I'm not sure quite what this means, but it is massive.
The GOP will not be winning anything nationwide for a long, long, long time.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »

Amazing, really amazing. I'm not sure quite what this means, but it is massive.
The GOP will not be winning anything nationwide for a long, long, long time.

As much as I would love to agree with you, and as much as you would be correct if this was a society that had half a mind to look at candidates and think for a moment, I think you greatly underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter.
That is true.  When you escape the suburbs, it's amazing how many people in America do not have a basic education.  I have friends from school (went to the Univ. of Florida) and it's amazing how many people in the south and everywhere (not that FL is really "southern") have no education, no job, and some have never left their home town.  It's scary what this country is.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

Yeah, sure, laugh. Treat Coons as a shoo-in. Know who else did that? Massachusetts Democrats with Martha Coakley.

The arrogance of people like you will be what gets that crazy bitch elected. We'll see who's laughing then - I guarantee America won't.
Comparing Brown and O'Donnell?  Is this guy for real?

This is the second time I've seen someone seriously compare Christine O'Donnell to Scott Brown on this board. Get a hold of yourself, man. You don't know what you're saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies