2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:13:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 90
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 181008 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: September 14, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »

I'm actually legitimately glad DioGuardi won. He seems like decent guy.

Isn't he anti-interventionist?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2051 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:21 PM »

He is very personally charming (I remember watching him run for the Westchester seat on CSPAN a zillion years ago. However, he is hardly a rocket scientist, and New York is a tough place.

Oh, I won't be voting for him or anything. I'm just glad he won.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2052 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »

Didn't do very well tonight, but lol @ chris Cox was well worth it
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2053 on: September 14, 2010, 11:44:12 PM »

He is very personally charming (I remember watching him run for the Westchester seat on CSPAN a zillion years ago). However, he is hardly a rocket scientist, and New York is a tough place.

DioGuardi isn't a rocket scientist - he's a CPA.  Malpass was the closest thing the race had to a rocket scientist - a well-respected economist.  He would have at least run an interesting race against Gillibrand, who isn't much of a rocket scientist herself.  DioGuardi will run an interesting campaign, too, I think, but for different reasons.  Not a close race - but a colorful one.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2054 on: September 14, 2010, 11:44:26 PM »

Oh my goodness what a few hours spending time with the family makes in campaign news. Anyway I am now an enthusiastic Chris Coons supporter. Thank you Delaware Republicans for throwing a winnable seat into the Safe Democrat column (where I hope it remains.) As for New York, great results for house races, absolutely horrible news Paladino is the Republican nominee. Cuomo will be able to win over 70% of the vote now because of his racism, sexism, lack of lucidity, and all his other crap. If anything Cox should get his ass kicked out of political policy decision making forever after his disastrous tenure. Senate races there I don't care so much for since Gillibrand and Schumer are both safe. Thank you New Hampshire for in all likelihood giving Kelly Ayotte a bright national political future. She will be an awesome senator and fantastic voice for practical conservative principles. I'm not going to join the Democrats because O'Donnell won, but you can bet the farm I would have deeply thought about it if Lamontagne held his lead up.

Lamontagne is hardly in the O'Donnell category is he?  My impression is that he is a serious man, and not a nutter. Painting with too broad a brush can blur the details. Having said that, I am pleased that he is apparently losing. Ayotte does have far more potential.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2055 on: September 14, 2010, 11:44:47 PM »

Isn't he anti-interventionist?

Yes, it seems that way. He says the Iraq War was wrong and has called Afghanistan a "war of choice". It's actually kind of weird that he won a statewide GOP Primary even in NY considering that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2056 on: September 14, 2010, 11:45:24 PM »

Oh my goodness what a few hours spending time with the family makes in campaign news. Anyway I am now an enthusiastic Chris Coons supporter. Thank you Delaware Republicans for throwing a winnable seat into the Safe Democrat column (where I hope it remains.) As for New York, great results for house races, absolutely horrible news Paladino is the Republican nominee. Cuomo will be able to win over 70% of the vote now because of his racism, sexism, lack of lucidity, and all his other crap. If anything Cox should get his ass kicked out of political policy decision making forever after his disastrous tenure. Senate races there I don't care so much for since Gillibrand and Schumer are both safe. Thank you New Hampshire for in all likelihood giving Kelly Ayotte a bright national political future. She will be an awesome senator and fantastic voice for practical conservative principles. I'm not going to join the Democrats because O'Donnell won, but you can bet the farm I would have deeply thought about it if Lamontagne held his lead up.

Lamontagne is hardly in the O'Donnell category is he?  My impression is that he is a serious man, and not a nutter. Painting with too broad a brush can blur the details. Having said that, I am pleased that he is apparently losing. Ayotte does have far more potential.

LOL. Not sure if that's the best term to describe him if you mean it in a positive way.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2057 on: September 14, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

Can someone post me the AP links for NY Sad thanks!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2058 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »

Sources within the Castle campaign have indicated that he will not be endorsing O'Donnell. He also says he won't be attempting any sort of write-in campaign.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2059 on: September 14, 2010, 11:48:44 PM »

Bass is back up 42-36 over Horn
Guinta up 33-30

Ayotte now up by 300, %'s narrowed to 38-38.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2060 on: September 14, 2010, 11:49:33 PM »

On page 1 and 102 of the thread.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2061 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2010/by_county/NY_Governor_0914.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS

(That's Gov - pull the tab to change races)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2062 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:13 PM »

Sources within the Castle campaign have indicated that he will not be endorsing O'Donnell. He also says he won't be attempting any sort of write-in campaign.

I'll eat a hat if Castle endorses O'Donnell.  And it's not all for the reasons you might think.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2063 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »

51 precincts left in NH-01 and 66 left in NH-02.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2064 on: September 14, 2010, 11:54:10 PM »

The DJ on the radio channell I am listening too, just made a quip about Sarah Palin costing McCain the election. Between that, Ayotte going from -23% to 0% lead, and Hoffman losing, I would say this is quite been quite an interesting night.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2065 on: September 14, 2010, 11:54:55 PM »

Something else I should've pointed out in response to Beet's freaking out earlier, you don't really think Joe Biden won't be doing some visits home on behalf of Coons right? It's not like his current job doesn't allow him any free time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2066 on: September 14, 2010, 11:55:14 PM »

Charlie Bass has restored his lead over Horn. Guinta's lead is as small as ever, though Mahoney has climbed into a relatively close third.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2067 on: September 14, 2010, 11:56:03 PM »

One thing I like about Castle is that he has class. He is a fundamentally decent person. So few politicians do these days, including that woman in Alaska (well both of those women, come to think of it).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2068 on: September 14, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »

Why are all the biggest Republican nutjobs women? Palin, O'Donnell, Angle, Bachmann, that defeated Musgrave lady. Not really any comparable males as far as the teabaggers go.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2069 on: September 14, 2010, 11:57:57 PM »

The D.C. Board of Elections hasn't reporting anything for 45 minutes. C'mon people, I have class in the morning.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2070 on: September 14, 2010, 11:58:50 PM »

Why are all the biggest Republican nutjobs women? Palin, O'Donnell, Angle, Bachmann, that defeated Musgrave lady. Not really any comparable males as far as the teabaggers go.

Probably random error, or maybe voters are more fearful of male nutjobs, because they back it up with testosterone. Testosterone is a very powerful hormone. Trust me. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2071 on: September 15, 2010, 12:00:41 AM »

One thing I like about Castle is that he has class. He is a fundamentally decent person. So few politicians do these days, including that woman in Alaska (well both of those women, come to think of it).

As did Simmons, and Campbell. Shame that out of the group of Moderate recruits in deep blue states only Kirk made it. The only you can least like, because of his embellishments. I was fine with the loss of Crist and Specter for a variety of reasons and the defeats of Murkowski and Bennet but I really wanted Castle, Simmons, and Campbell to win.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2072 on: September 15, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »

I just found out he was once photographed burning the Serbian flag outside the Serbian embassy and screaming pro-Kosovo slogans. So I hate him now.

Seems like a decent fellow.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2073 on: September 15, 2010, 12:03:10 AM »

I´m not sure now which candidate is more beatable for Hodes: Ayotte or Mr. French

Because PPP (which will release their GE poll today) says this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So, Ayotte has more money and Mr. French guy has the better favorables.

I think I´d still prefer Mr. French guy because he has no money and his favorables can be damaged with a few last minute ads.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2074 on: September 15, 2010, 12:03:17 AM »

2/3s in, Ayotte up by 700 votes 38-38.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length