2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:55:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 90
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 181008 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 14, 2010, 10:22:08 PM »

Yeah, sure, laugh. Treat Coons as a shoo-in. Know who else did that? Massachusetts Democrats with Martha Coakley.

The arrogance of people like you will be what gets that crazy bitch elected. We'll see who's laughing then - I guarantee America won't.

I think it's O'Donnell who's more easily compared to Coakley, no?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1951 on: September 14, 2010, 10:22:20 PM »

Concord is in, 10/10, and voted very narrowly for Ayotte. I'm not seeing her closing the gap, there is no big city left to suddenly dump a big margin of votes in her lap.

Nashua's all in?
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1952 on: September 14, 2010, 10:22:41 PM »

Yeah, sure, laugh. Treat Coons as a shoo-in. Know who else did that? Massachusetts Democrats with Martha Coakley.

The arrogance of people like you will be what gets that crazy bitch elected. We'll see who's laughing then - I guarantee America won't.

This is the second time I've seen someone seriously compare Christine O'Donnell to Scott Brown on this board. Get a hold of yourself, man. You don't know what you're saying.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1953 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »

With more of NYC coming in Schneiderman has taken the lead in the AG race, though very little of Nassau is in.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1954 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »

Concord is in, 10/10, and voted very narrowly for Ayotte. I'm not seeing her closing the gap, there is no big city left to suddenly dump a big margin of votes in her lap.

Nashua's all in?

Nashua is 2/3 in and the remaining 3 precincts would have to be much more favorable to Ayotte than the previous 6 were.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1955 on: September 14, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »

schneiderman took the lead
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #1956 on: September 14, 2010, 10:24:31 PM »

This is the second time I've seen someone seriously compare Christine O'Donnell to Scott Brown on this board. Get a hold of yourself, man. You don't know what you're saying.

Yes, I do. I'm saying that if O'Donnell could win a primary against Mike Castle, she can win a general against Chris Coons, who has such pathetic name recognition. What can I say? I'm terrified of seeing O'Donnell actually get elected.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1957 on: September 14, 2010, 10:24:52 PM »

The Republican Party is about Conservatism.  If they don't nominate conservatives, then what do they stand for? Getting old committee seats back is a decidedly uninspiring platform. That's why the parties are kept accountable by their constituents. Republicans would undoubtedly see themselves as better served in a Senate with 21 DeMints and 19 McCains than 25 McCains, 15 Browns, and 11 Castles.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #1958 on: September 14, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

Comparing Brown and O'Donnell?  Is this guy for real?

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1959 on: September 14, 2010, 10:25:26 PM »

But the margin in NH is only 2,000 votes (she has a 750-vote lead in Nashua with 6/9 precincts) with 3/4 of the precincts out... so I really shouldn't be making any predictions. Nor is this race worth my staying up. I'll see in the morning.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #1960 on: September 14, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »

That's not true NCYank.  Denny f-in Hastert, Trent Lott, Tom Delay, Livingston, Dole, Frist (who supports Obamacare) and porker Mitch McConnell spent our way out of office, added new regulations and FDR-like invasions of freedom like the Patriot Act (which Obama quietly but enthusiastically supports).  The leadership doesn't just consist of those individuals however.  It also consists of entrenched individuals like Snowe, Collins, McCain and now Grahamnesty.  They were all working together not just to simply pass moderate policy (as something like a middle class tax cut would have been), but to add BRAND NEW entitlements and put a very liberal immigration plan together for pete's sake.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1961 on: September 14, 2010, 10:26:40 PM »

Yes, I do. I'm saying that if O'Donnell could win a primary against Mike Castle, she can win a general against Chris Coons, who has such pathetic name recognition. What can I say? I'm terrified of seeing O'Donnell actually get elected.

Coons is executive for the county with about 2/3 of the state's population. That actually makes him arguably the second most powerful person in the state after the Governor.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1962 on: September 14, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »

Scott Brown was appealing to all Republicans, most moderates, and some Democrats. They wanted to vote for him.

In your heart of hearts, do you think Christine O'Donnell is going to win over all those groups in Delaware? If so, why? People win primaries all the time who are unelectable in the general precisely because of the strengths that won them the primary.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1963 on: September 14, 2010, 10:27:42 PM »

Maloney wins if it hasn't been said
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1964 on: September 14, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »

In other news, Charlie Bass only leads conservative radio host Jennifer Horn by 1% in NH-2.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #1965 on: September 14, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »

Clearly Thomas Dewey's going to win the election, Truman might as well give up now and save himself the embarrassment.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1966 on: September 14, 2010, 10:29:41 PM »

Can people please at least use valid analogies instead of just pulling up random come from behind victories that are not even remotely comparable?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1967 on: September 14, 2010, 10:32:32 PM »

PALADINO WON!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1968 on: September 14, 2010, 10:32:46 PM »

Scott Brown was appealing to all Republicans, most moderates, and some Democrats. They wanted to vote for him.

In your heart of hearts, do you think Christine O'Donnell is going to win over all those groups in Delaware? If so, why? People win primaries all the time who are unelectable in the general precisely because of the strengths that won them the primary.

Not that I disagree, but why did people want to vote for Scott Brown?  And why did the map end up looking like it did?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1969 on: September 14, 2010, 10:32:53 PM »

This really isn't worth discussing. She will be destroyed. And comparing her to Brown is ludicrous - just ludicrous.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1970 on: September 14, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »

You know MD-01 might be a good comparison.

And before everyone screams OMG 2008 DEMOCRAT YEAR please note it was in a district that voted for McCain by almost 20 points.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1971 on: September 14, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »

Lamontagne lead is now less than 2000 votes.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1972 on: September 14, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »

Here's the final Delaware RD map (subject to a final data integrity check).  Castle is in blue; O'Donnell green:

Basically, Castle won the Wilmington area/Philly suburbs, and O'Donnell the rest of the state - even in New Castle County.

And a turnout map, using the Atlas swing redscale (% of Registered Republicans):

Suburban New Castle turnout wasn't terrible - but Castle didn't do much to get out the few Republicans who live in the Wilmington RDs.  Turnout was best in the Sussex County RDs - where O'Donnell killed him.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1973 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:06 PM »

Altschuler wins in NY-01

Grimm wins in NY-13
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1974 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »

Yay, Lazio lost! Cheesy

Not that I'll be voting for that fascist Paladino either.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies