2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:32:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 90
Author Topic: 2010 Primaries Thread (It's all over now, baby blue)  (Read 181017 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: September 14, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »

I go to the gym for my training session, and come back to find ... well . I hope the bitch loses in a landslide. They need to be taught a lesson - now. Or maybe we need a new centrist party. Sad

Besides Angle and now O'Donnell, I can't think of any major Tea Party upsets that weren't in states where they fit into the mainstream anyway. For the most part, the mainstream GOP has prevailed (or mainstream Tea Party candidates have). You're forgetting that when the establishment pick wins, it is not news.

Angle and O'Donnell were cases though where the GOP basically threw away two free Senate seats. Now they have only at most a 50/50 chance at one and virtually none at the other.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1826 on: September 14, 2010, 09:17:19 PM »

I go to the gym for my training session, and come back to find ... well . I hope the bitch loses in a landslide. They need to be taught a lesson - now. Or maybe we need a new centrist party. Sad

Besides Angle and now O'Donnell, I can't think of any major Tea Party upsets that weren't in states where they fit into the mainstream anyway. For the most part, the mainstream GOP has prevailed (or mainstream Tea Party candidates have). You're forgetting that when the establishment pick wins, it is not news.

Campbell was near to Torie's heart, understandably, as well.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1827 on: September 14, 2010, 09:17:58 PM »

Who the hell is counting NH - trained monkeys could do it faster.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1828 on: September 14, 2010, 09:18:26 PM »

I'm literally at a lose for words now.
I'm becoming a democrat.

and I'm being serious, at least the accept other peoples views

I always knew I liked you much more than most of the Republican hacks here and now I know why. You're a good guy. Smiley

You know what they say, if you're not a democrat by 18 you have no heart, if you're not republican by 30 you have no soul.

I turn 17 saturday hahaha

Well, François Guizot said that about republicanism and monarchism, but I don't think anyone here would seriously argue that today.
Kevinstat

« Reply #1829 on: September 14, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »

Gunning for an upset in NH-01... Rich Ashooh (who?!) is narrowing the gap with Frank Guinta. Guinta's at 37-34 now.

Excellent. Now, if that douchebag Pedro Espada will lose... *checks* His opponent is at 86% with 3 precincts in. Uh, okay.

Isn't Espada pro-gay marriage?  I remember reading that, oddly, the two Democratic defectors in 2009 during that whole brouhaha were actually on the liberal side of that issue, and that there was speculation that another pro-gay marriage Democratic Senator might caucus with the GOP out of Malcolm Smith's refusal to release gay marriage for a vote while the Republican Senate leadership was willing to play on that issue.  This was before the Maine same sex marriage bill repeal and the NY Senate vote against same sex marriage that (iirc) happened soon after that.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1830 on: September 14, 2010, 09:19:37 PM »

Same with D.C., though I guess the latter isn't really a surprise.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1831 on: September 14, 2010, 09:22:08 PM »

Isn't that all that populates DC anyways?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1832 on: September 14, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »

Gunning for an upset in NH-01... Rich Ashooh (who?!) is narrowing the gap with Frank Guinta. Guinta's at 37-34 now.

Excellent. Now, if that douchebag Pedro Espada will lose... *checks* His opponent is at 86% with 3 precincts in. Uh, okay.

Isn't Espada pro-gay marriage?  I remember reading that, oddly, the two Democratic defectors in 2009 during that whole brouhaha were actually on the liberal side of that issue, and that there was speculation that another pro-gay marriage Democratic Senator might caucus with the GOP out of Malcolm Smith's refusal to release gay marriage for a vote while the Republican Senate leadership was willing to play on that issue.  This was before the Maine same sex marriage bill repeal and the NY Senate vote against same sex marriage that (iirc) happened soon after that.

You're right, it was Ruben Diaz I was thinking of.

Edit: Monserrate voted against it, but of course, he's long gone.

The problem is these stupid New England states don't report their votes to a central location, so the AP has to track down a couple hundred town clerks and get the results from them.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1833 on: September 14, 2010, 09:24:37 PM »

In the NY-19 GOP primary, Nan Hayworth is leading Neil DiCarlo by almost 2-to-1. Of interest, a PPP poll showed Hayworth leading incumbent Representative Hall by 2% while DiCarlo trailed by 3%. On the other hand, only 6.3% of precincts are in so far.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1834 on: September 14, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »

Isn't that all that populates DC anyways?

are you referring black people as monkeys?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1835 on: September 14, 2010, 09:25:24 PM »

Actually I think that other scumbag who was expelled earlier voted against gay marriage.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1836 on: September 14, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »

The NY Gov map so far looks pretty much as expected... Well, except for Lazio winning the Watertown area, for some bizarre reason (Lazio blue, Paladino green).

Note Nassau and Richmond weren't in at all when I last updated my data (about 9.5% in).  

For those who care, the NY AG race (Rice Yellow, Schneiderman Orange, Coffey Green):

Note: I still have to check for data integrity on these maps.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1837 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »

Fox News just reported that the Republican party campaign committee is not going to spend a dime on the bitch, and is cutting her loose. DeMint should be punished as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1838 on: September 14, 2010, 09:28:33 PM »

Fox News just reported that the Republican party campaign committee is not going to spend a dime on the bitch, and is cutting her loose. DeMint should be punished as well.

Smiley

Would I be correct in assuming you'd be voting for Coons if you lived there?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #1839 on: September 14, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »

Who's throwing the temper tantrum now?  ajc, you are exactly the problem in our party.  We can't change anything that they are doing with your views.  Yet, with every weasely defection like yours (like Crist, like Specter, soon Murkowski and soon Castle) we gain new people who were once democrats realizing that we are for what they stand for.  Do you see democrats switching parties because their candidate didn't win?  No, they don't and if you want to know why, it's because even though they have petty rivalries, they are always united on their end goals.  Conservatives are not united on our end goals and we need to be.  Those goals must be different goals from the democratic party.  We have to flush out people like Castle and Crist and Murkowski in order to do that.  All throughout the Bush years we had democrats and republicans joining together in an unholy union to pass spending programs and invasions of privacy.  We had democrats and republicans joining together to increase the power of the executive and weaken the power of the people.  That time is over.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1840 on: September 14, 2010, 09:29:20 PM »

At least they have an ounce of sense.
I'd say the same for Angle too, have the tea party completely fund her.

They should start endorsing candidates before the primary.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1841 on: September 14, 2010, 09:29:58 PM »

Good, the tea parties will carry her to victory without depending on the support of that evil party.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1842 on: September 14, 2010, 09:30:46 PM »

At least they have an ounce of sense.
I'd say the same for Angle too, have the tea party completely fund her.

They should start endorsing candidates before the primary.

Err, I don't think a lack of institutional support was Mike Castle's problem.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1843 on: September 14, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »

A majority of Delaware voters are teabaggers? The same state where 50% approves of Obama?
Kevinstat

« Reply #1844 on: September 14, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »

You're right, it was Ruben Diaz I was thinking of.

Edit: Monserrate voted against it, but of course, he's long gone.

That vote was probably after the Maine result.  But he might have always opposed it or never been clearly supporting it.  Ron Gunzburger at Politics1.com (back when he still did a regular blog on the home page of his website) might have been wrong when he said that both of the Democratic defectors (Espada and Monseratte) supported gay marriage.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1845 on: September 14, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

Bill Keating wins in MA-10
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1846 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »

A majority of Delaware voters are teabaggers? The same state where 50% approves of Obama?

Remember that outside the southern portion of the state is like the American south in many ways, and that Republicans would be disproportionately from that area of the state.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1847 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »

Smiley

Would I be correct in assuming you'd be voting for Coons if you lived there?

Correct. Not only is she is a nutter loser, but her ethics are a sewer. She is a liar, and siphoned off campaign funds for personal purposes, and I suspect is just in it for the money. She is about as real as Crist, when it comes to really believing anything I suspect. Perhaps one silver lining, is that this might help destroy Palin - who needs to be destroyed - politically. Palin needs to join the Constitution Party, along with some others.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1848 on: September 14, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »

Who's throwing the temper tantrum now?  ajc, you are exactly the problem in our party.  We can't change anything that they are doing with your views.  Yet, with every weasely defection like yours (like Crist, like Specter, soon Murkowski and soon Castle) we gain new people who were once democrats realizing that we are for what they stand for.  Do you see democrats switching parties because their candidate didn't win?  No, they don't and if you want to know why, it's because even though they have petty rivalries, they are always united on their end goals.  Conservatives are not united on our end goals and we need to be.  Those goals must be different goals from the democratic party.  We have to flush out people like Castle and Crist and Murkowski in order to do that.  All throughout the Bush years we had democrats and republicans joining together in an unholy union to pass spending programs and invasions of privacy.  We had democrats and republicans joining together to increase the power of the executive and weaken the power of the people.  That time is over.

Just tell me where does the "I'm more conservative" idea stop?
Ultimately how are are you willing to go to have this "conservative" purity that you want?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1849 on: September 14, 2010, 09:34:41 PM »

Remember that outside the southern portion of the state is like the American south in many ways, and that Republicans would be disproportionately from that area of the state.

I am referring to Libertas' claim that O'Donnell can win the general election with the support of teabaggers alone.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies