FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:11:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Author Topic: FRANZL ELECTION TRACKER (updated as of 7:09 pm, THURSDAY)  (Read 45528 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »

I don't see a controversial ending here.  The only votes being disputed are Gustaf and Barnes, both votes for PiT- who wins the election by one vote without either of the disputed votes.  Where's the controversy?

I believe without Jfern or Gustaf it ends in a tie after DC is counted for PiT. We need the final certification from Earl though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »

LOL

I totally forgot about voting, then remembered and wanted to put it off for awhile and then totally forgot about it. So, what happened?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2009, 11:18:27 PM »

LOL

I totally forgot about voting, then remembered and wanted to put it off for awhile and then totally forgot about it. So, what happened?

Drama(tm).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2009, 11:18:59 PM »

I don't see a controversial ending here.  The only votes being disputed are Gustaf and Barnes, both votes for PiT- who wins the election by one vote without either of the disputed votes.  Where's the controversy?

I believe without Jfern or Gustaf it ends in a tie after DC is counted for PiT. We need the final certification from Earl though.

The tracker is through Peter. After that Afleitch and Jfern voted meaning plus one to both. If Barnes is invalid it's a tie meaning DC_united gives it to PiT. Unless someone else is invalid too (God I hope not).
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2009, 11:19:32 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

Both of you were potential voters that never got around to voting, but could have swung the elections. Amusing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

Both of you were potential voters that never got around to voting, but could have swung the elections. Amusing.

Damn it! Really?

Who is going to win? I probably would have voted for Lief, for the record.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:19 PM »

The tracker is through Peter. After that Afleitch and Jfern voted meaning plus one to both. If Barnes is invalid it's a tie meaning DC_united gives it to PiT. Unless someone else is invalid too (God I hope not).

Jas suggested earlier that he believed electoraljew2's vote to be invalid, saying that he believed that electoraljew had registered too late.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:33 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

That's what happens when people put off voting for dramatic effect Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

Thats why I voted on Friday as soon as the booth opened.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2009, 11:23:06 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

Damn it! Really?

Who is going to win? I probably would have voted for Lief, for the record.

I win 42-41 without either Gustaf's vote or Barnes's vote.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

It's certainly a risk Wink  I blame The Sims 3.

Though I never did get an answer about whether a vote for Fritz would've brought about a runoff.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »

Jas suggested earlier that he believed electoraljew2's vote to be invalid, saying that he believed that electoraljew had registered too late.

If so (which I believe is wrong since he registered on the 11 and the booth said you had to be registered on or before the 11 and nothing else about a time) then it's a tie. Unfortunate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2009, 11:26:01 PM »

If so (which I believe is wrong since he registered on the 11 and the booth said you had to be registered on or before the 11 and nothing else about a time) then it's a tie. Unfortunate.

Also, the general election booth was scheduled to open on 11:59 PM, June 18th. Counting back seven days, you can figure that a voter would have had to register by 11:59 PM, June 11th. That would mean that electoraljew's vote is good.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2009, 11:32:48 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

Though I never did get an answer about whether a vote for Fritz would've brought about a runoff.

A vote for Lief may have!

Oh dear, I'm going to have to make some tough decisions.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2009, 11:33:16 PM »

Basically Verin, I needed you to preference me higher than Jedi- as Jas and Lewis both did- plus get two other votes, in order to pull off a win 9-8.  A tie was not possible, as an 8-8 final result would have had the tie broken in Jedi's favor, because of more first preferences.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »

LOL

Drama(tm).

A vote for Lief may have!

Oh dear, I'm going to have to make some tough decisions.

I will say this, the one job that I never want to hold in Atlasia is SoFA. Smiley
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #316 on: June 22, 2009, 12:00:48 AM »

What is the final map?  Maybe we can get a county one once the final result is tallied.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #317 on: June 22, 2009, 12:04:09 AM »

What is the final map?  Maybe we can get a county one once the final result is tallied.

I'll gladly make a county map.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #318 on: June 22, 2009, 01:26:47 AM »

Something like that, more or less.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #319 on: June 22, 2009, 04:19:39 AM »

I don't see a controversial ending here.  The only votes being disputed are Gustaf and Barnes, both votes for PiT- who wins the election by one vote without either of the disputed votes.  Where's the controversy?

Also, the general election booth was scheduled to open on 11:59 PM, June 18th. Counting back seven days, you can figure that a voter would have had to register by 11:59 PM, June 11th. That would mean that electoraljew's vote is good.

I'm awaiting certification before lodging court papers.

FTR, my reasoning is based on the 11th and 24th Amendments.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The "earliest possible commencement of the election" was 00.00 (EST), Thursday, 18 June.
7 days prior to that was obviously 00.00 (EST), Thursday, 11 June.

electoraljew2 did not register until 10.57 (EST), Thursday, 11 June - almost 11 hours late.

Similarly, the registration of barnes:
Barnes
Democratic Alliance
Northeast-Rhode Island
was also clearly beyond the deadline, IMO.

Given this, I'd call on the SoFA not to include these votes in his certification. If he does, persons should be on notice of my intent to bring this matter before the Court.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #320 on: June 22, 2009, 04:36:07 AM »

By the by, having looked at it, by virtue of the same 24th Amendment, I believe that jewishconservative's vote in the Midwestern Senate election is invalid.

He changed his registration to the Midwestern region from the Mideast after 00.00 (EST) Thursday, 11th. Therefore, his regional vote can only be taken to apply to the Mideastern election. Not sure if this has any real effect though.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #321 on: June 22, 2009, 05:16:14 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2009, 05:59:35 AM by Jas »

By the by, having looked at it, by virtue of the same 24th Amendment, I believe that jewishconservative's vote in the Midwestern Senate election is invalid.

He changed his registration to the Midwestern region from the Mideast after 00.00 (EST) Thursday, 11th. Therefore, his regional vote can only be taken to apply to the Mideastern election. Not sure if this has any real effect though.

Just looked up the law.

I think, if I'm right, that the Midwestern Senate race tied.

The result would now be:
Count 1
MasterJedi6(Gustaf, Sensei, jewishconservative, SoS, Mechaman, Vepres, MasterJedi, dead0man, electoraljew2,)
Fritz4(GMantis, Fritz, BRTD, Aizen)
Jas2(Jas, Lewis)

Count 2
MasterJedi6
Fritz6(+2: Jas, Lewis)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #322 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:27 AM »

Assuming that my numbers are all correct here....the invalidation of electoraljew and Barnes would lead to an exact tie.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #323 on: June 22, 2009, 05:42:59 AM »

As much as it pains me, I too think both electoraljew2 and Barnes vote shouldn't count. They didn't register in time, but I do think Gustaf's vote should be counted!
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2009, 05:48:23 AM »

So we'll most likely see three courtcases on this... oh my *headdesk*

One wether Barnes and Electoraljew registered on time for their vote to count.

One wether it's okey to register before you get 25 post, as long as you have 25 post seven days before election

and one wether Gustaf's vote should count or not considering the strange things happening in that voting booth.

(and if the court rules in favour of Barnes vote not counting due to him not attaining 25 posts before registring as well as Gustaf's not counting there might be a fourth one, about all those who reposted their vote when their initial ones disappeared.)

My God...   

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies