Former Senate candidate Hoeffel comments on 2010 race.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:35:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Former Senate candidate Hoeffel comments on 2010 race.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Former Senate candidate Hoeffel comments on 2010 race.  (Read 3320 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 11:04:58 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2008, 11:08:02 PM by Ronnie »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All right, that's what I wanted to know.

Did you know that Specter said that he would have considered running for the independent candidacy if he lost the primary?  I'm just scared that if he loses the primary in '10, he would do just that.  I don't really have to explain how that would destroy our chances at holding the seat, right?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 11:14:44 PM »

Did you know that Specter said that he would have considered running for the independent candidacy if he lost the primary?

Good for him. He has every right to. Then we'd lose the seat and Republicans would realize we should have dumped him years ago. He wouldn't do it thinking he could win either. It's not like Lieberman. He'd do it just to be a spoiler because he is a sore loser, egomaniac.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 11:18:39 PM »

Did you know that Specter said that he would have considered running for the independent candidacy if he lost the primary?

Good for him. He has every right to. Then we'd lose the seat and Republicans would realize we should have dumped him years ago. He wouldn't do it thinking he could win either. It's not like Lieberman. He'd do it just to be a spoiler because he is a sore loser, egomaniac.

As much as I like Specter, I would be very upset if we would lose a seat because of him.  I still hold hope that he'll win the primary, but I don't know how likely that is because of his Hodgkin disease.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »

As much as I like Specter, I would be very upset if we would lose a seat because of him.  I still hold hope that he'll win the primary, but I don't know how likely that is because of his Hodgkin disease.

And his desire to do completely assinine things like convince Larry Craig to stay in the Senate instead of resigning.

The man quite actively works against the Republican party. If Toomey challenges him again, Specter will very likely lose. He won't have Bush and Santorum around to save his ass.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2008, 11:47:36 PM »

Phil, you might be able to win the state with losing suburban Philly, but you can't win the state when you get DESTROYED in suburban Philly.  Toomey would get utterly demolished in suburban philly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 11:51:17 PM »

Phil, you might be able to win the state with losing suburban Philly, but you can't win the state when you get DESTROYED in suburban Philly.  Toomey would get utterly demolished in suburban philly.

Smash, I've said time and time again that I don't believe that he would get demolished in SE PA. We have to agree to disagree.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies