PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:59:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Susquehanna (R): Obama up 3  (Read 3120 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 29, 2012, 12:00:45 PM »

If this is a stupid question, feel free to physically abuse me. Are there any big media markets in NW Pennsylvania? I've gotten several Romney ads watching the Olympics.

Erie is the biggest, and it is hemmed in by Cleveland, Youngstown, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and much thinly-populated territory.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

If this is a stupid question, feel free to physically abuse me. Are there any big media markets in NW Pennsylvania? I've gotten several Romney ads watching the Olympics.

Speaking of TV markets....here's a great site for keeping track of the ad spending in every region of the country. Courtesy of The Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/

It's obvious where the attention is -- Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and Florida involving swing states... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Michigan may not be a legit swing state, but it does have a contested Republican primary for the US Senate seat.   
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »

It's obvious where the attention is -- ... and Massachusetts due to the Senate race.

Actually that site only measures the spending between the pro-Romney and Pro-Obama groups. The reason there seems to be so much advertising in Massachusetts is because the Boston media market is large and covers a big chunk of Southern New Hampshire, which Obama and Romney are actually competing for. You can guarantee they're not competing for votes in Boston.

More likely well away from Boston -- Elizabeth Warren vs. Scott Brown.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies