OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:26:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH-12 Special Election: Balderson vs. O’Connor on August 7  (Read 110652 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 07, 2018, 10:52:42 AM »

This race has been successfully nationalized, it's pretty much over.
It really hasn’t. At least in comparison to GA-6 and PA-18. This is probably on the level of KS-4 tbh.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »

Guys, whatever happens, I want to say that I'm not very satisfied with this election. We did not try our very best and we did not get the best candidate possible. I feel like a quality candidate like Andy Ginther would be figuratively skewering Balderson on a Dagestani kabob if he was our nominee.
Roll Eyes
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:30:38 AM »

.......does twitter understand this seat is literally up for grabs again in a few months? Only a miserable person chooses to melt over such an inconsequential election.
No. The reality is most people are idiots who don't think past what they see right in front of their face.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:18:57 AM »

Will O'Connor run again in November? I think he can win then due to slightly higher turnout.
Yes. And higher turnout will benefit GOP.... he also won’t have the same amount of resources with 434 other races going on.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 09:47:13 AM »

Will O'Connor run again in November? I think he can win then due to slightly higher turnout.
Yes. And higher turnout will benefit GOP.... he also won’t have the same amount of resources with 434 other races going on.

Higher turnout usually works in the Dems favor?
Maybe in a statewide race or a fairly drawn district. The Democratic area overperformed and the rural red areas underperformed turnout wise and he still lost. Turnout being UP all across the district won’t help him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies