Trump goes after LeBron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:43:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes after LeBron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Trump goes after LeBron  (Read 3617 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2018, 01:05:42 AM »

It's hilarious that nobody anywhere is rushing to defend Don Lemon.  On that particular point Stupidcallousfragileracistsexistbraggadocious actually makes a valid point.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2018, 06:23:10 AM »

And this is why nobody trusts CNN.

Because it triggers nativists like you?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2018, 12:51:10 PM »

Because its fake news.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2018, 01:08:49 PM »

I think the timing is perfect.  Trump chooses to sh**t on LeBron James the weekend before a special election in Ohio.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »

Because its fake news.

Trump Republican: Whatever I don't like it's fake news.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2018, 01:55:16 PM »

Because its fake news.

CNN's anchors are blatantly partisan. But it's ok, people can see through it. As long as they keep playing Trump rallies on a meritocratic basis (ratings = airtime).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »

Because its fake news.

CNN's anchors are blatantly partisan. But it's ok, people can see through it. As long as they keep playing Trump rallies on a meritocratic basis (ratings = airtime).

Now tell us about Faux anchors.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2018, 02:20:03 PM »

Because its fake news.

They are blatantly sensationalist. They are only incidentally partisan because it's their job to report the truth, and one party has totally abandoned reality, decency, and any semblance of intellectualism. "Fair" is not the same as "balanced," and I'm glad a number of networks have started to realize as much after the way they egregiously covered the 2016 election.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2018, 02:33:55 PM »

Because its fake news.

Trump Republican: Whatever I don't like it's fake news.
LOL.

Because its fake news.

They are blatantly sensationalist. They are only incidentally partisan because it's their job to report the truth, and one party has totally abandoned reality, decency, and any semblance of intellectualism. "Fair" is not the same as "balanced," and I'm glad a number of networks have started to realize as much after the way they egregiously covered the 2016 election.
How hard of a hit to the head did you receive to get Trump Derangement Syndrome? Because your TDS is wayyyy higher than usual today.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2018, 04:09:14 PM »

How hard of a hit to the head did you receive to get Trump Derangement Syndrome? Because your TDS is wayyyy higher than usual today.

Bold words from somebody who openly wished for innocent kids to be shot because he disagreed with their political views.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2018, 04:11:00 PM »

Bold words from somebody who openly wished for innocent kids to be shot because he disagreed with their political views.
You literally are now making things up at this point. Go dig up that thread and read things more closely if you're anything close to literate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2018, 04:17:51 PM »

Obviously, Trump hates and fears successful black people. How one could not come to this conclusion is beyond me. He regularly mocks any black person who attacks him and he's shown quite a bit of disdain for African American achievements.

He is a quintessential racist for that reason. The only thing that angers him more than an 'insubordinate' woman is an 'insubordinate' black person. He will (very rarely) acknowledge those few that support him, but the ones that stand opposed to him or are neutral, enrage him.

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here.  

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.

But....by every empirical and fair standard conceivable...Trump deserves it.

Has Trump EVER done or said anything this decade that truly warranted "extending an olive branch"?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2018, 04:19:43 PM »

No, your post is why no one likes you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2018, 04:21:47 PM »

I’ve ran out of ways to say Trump is a terrible person.

This comes right after LeBron opened a school in Ohio helping low-income and at risk kids, while his "university" was forced to pay 25 million dollars to settle a class action suit.

In short, he can't stand the fact that a black man is doing something better than him, so he's lashing out.

Let's see...

White right-wing regularly complains black culture is all thugging, rapping, and fking.  Black man starts school to help disadvantaged black and brown kids so they can either go to college or learn a trade.

What does white right-wing, especially its leader, the President of the United States, do?

Bitch and complain about black people!!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »

If 70% of this forum doesn't hate me, I'm doing something wrong.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »

Obviously, Trump hates and fears successful black people. How one could not come to this conclusion is beyond me. He regularly mocks any black person who attacks him and he's shown quite a bit of disdain for African American achievements.

He is a quintessential racist for that reason. The only thing that angers him more than an 'insubordinate' woman is an 'insubordinate' black person. He will (very rarely) acknowledge those few that support him, but the ones that stand opposed to him or are neutral, enrage him.

He regularly mocks ANYONE who attacks him, regardless of race, ethnicity, or gender.  This isn't how I'd go about being President, but let's be real about context here.  

Lebron James relentlessly attacks Trump.  He's getting the pushback Trump gives everyone who opposes him.  Part of equality means that when you step into political arenas, you take on flak just like a white male would.  Truthfully, I can't think of an example of someone who Trump has flamed in a Tweet that was someone who was sincerely offering some kind of olive branch.  He flames his enemies; people who wish him ill.  A moral argument can be made that Trump should be "bigger" than this.  A practical argument is that the political graveyard is full of "bigger" folks.  Trump's about "winning".  This sort of sets the course, does it not?  People can make up their own minds about this at the ballot box.

Has Trump EVER done or said anything this decade that truly warranted "extending an olive branch"?

In a word, no.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2018, 06:33:04 PM »

I remember your tune was quite different a few months ago when 70% of the forum voted you a FF.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »

No, but you are correct that the network brought most of its hatred upon itself
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »

I think the timing is perfect.  Trump chooses to sh**t on LeBron James the weekend before a special election in Ohio.

He probably actually thinks it will help those suburbanites turn out. It might even work, for all I know.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2018, 07:29:50 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

In a word, no.

No one deserves forgiveness, either.

The drug dealers on streetcorners or wherever that are selling drugs for easy money that Lebron James provides a certain amount of apologia for though his advocacies don't DESERVE forgiveness.  They deserve PRISON TIME, hard and swift.  They are death merchants, just as surely as pill mill doctors are, and their tough personal circumstances don't make their victims any less dead when they overdose.  They may not deserve as much prison time as the man that ran over a woman at Charlottesville, VA, but they don't deserve forgiveness any more than he does.

The remorseless criminals who live in the midst of the neighborhoods Lebron James professes to care about (and I believe he really does care) don't deserve forgiveness.  They deserve to be removed from the communities they live in, so that those who do not commit violent crimes can be safe from those who do.  The persons in those communities who refuse to call police on those who knowingly perpetuate violence do not deserve forgiveness; they deserve public scorn and shaming for their cowardice, especially when they decide to become vocal about issues involving the police (who are NOT the main source of danger in those communities).  They may deserve some understanding of their circumstances that a white, middle class person (we'll call that person, say, "Rural" Meyer") covering up the domestic violence of his assistant, but they are no more deserving of forgiveness.

Al Sharpton does not deserve forgiveness for putting innocent police officers through ordeal during the Tawana Brawley hoax.  Jesse Jackson does not deserve forgiveness for calling New York City "H----town" in 1984, publicly, and unapologetically.  None of these people are any more deserving of forgiveness than David Duke and his ilk.  Mike Nifong, who maliciously prosecuted members of the Duke Lacrosse team is no more DESERVING of forgiveness than the prosecutor who unjustly prosecuted the Scottsboro Boys (even though one may deserve a harsher penalty than the other).

And, yet, God commands us to Love Our Enemies.  Jesus commanded this of his Disciples; it was not a suggestion.

This is why our criminal justice system ought be tempered with mercy.  Why it should safeguard the rights of all accused.  Why the judgments of Courts should be based on facts, and not on coercing indigent defendants into pleas.  Why conditions of confinement ought be humane, for adult felons as well as for juvenile detainees of ICE.  And why there ought to be the possibility of RESTORATION; the possibility of restoring one's good name after a grievous mistake, and a clear pathway toward that end.  And there ought to be an end to laws that PRECLUDE mercy.  While my sympathies are with victims of crimes moreso than with defendants, Scripture does say, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay!" saith the Lord of Hosts.

I do believe that a person ought to be judged by the whole of their life.  I find much unsavory about Jackson and Sharpton, but they have also, in both of their careers, worked to alleviate suffering and poverty.  But a certain amount of this involved an extending of Olive Branches.  A good example of that is the relationship between Sharpton and NYC Mayor Ed Koch, who once had Sharpton arrested at a noisy demonstration:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ed-koch-al-sharpton-enemies-admirers-article-1.1253664

One party extended an olive branch to the other, and both of these men embarked on endeavors that, indeed, gave Second Chances to people who had made grievous mistakes at young ages.  Would this have happened if each had spurned the other?  

Donald Trump, sadly, does not readily present himself as the person who is going to be the "bigger man" in a feud.  I do wish he were different in that manner, but he is who he is.  Koch and Sharpton were egomaniacs; that didn't stop them from overcoming their differences and doing constructive work.  Trump, however, has the potential to be of great help to someone like Lebron James in his sincere initiatives, and he probably would like to do so, but Trump isn't keen on helping people who freely rag on him.  He HAS, however, shown some evidence to put aside past issues for pragmatic concerns in the present.

If Lebron James claims to be the bigger man in this (and he well may be that), let him walk that talk out.  Real good MIGHT come of it, and if it doesn't, nothing is lost.  Trump's stubborn to a fault on things like this, but if I woke up every morning and listened to people on the media scream how I'm to blame for Hiroshima, the Kennedy Assasination, and their latest outbreak of hemorrhoids, I'd be defensive as well.  And Trump's wife has actually given him an opening to do so.  This is actually a chance for something good to happen.  Perhaps the reason Don Lemon hasn't gotten much love in all of this is that people realize he's not helpful at all.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2018, 07:23:02 PM »

Ok, now that was funny. Grin
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2018, 07:35:58 PM »

I remember your tune was quite different a few months ago when 70% of the forum voted you a FF.
Well, yeah, it was cool being the "he's an asshole, but he's our asshole" type character for a while, but at the end of the day I know I'm right and I know you're wrong and I'm willing to take whatever feces you're willing to throw.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2018, 08:03:52 PM »

Well, yeah, it was cool being the "he's an asshole, but he's our asshole" type character for a while, but at the end of the day I know I'm right and I know you're wrong and I'm willing to take whatever feces you're willing to throw.

Yeah, it's pretty useless throwing feces to somebody who lives in the gutter.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2018, 08:54:17 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks Trump is hardly better than Roy Moore?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2018, 12:46:03 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2018, 12:58:29 AM by Joe Republic »

Am I the only one who thinks Trump is hardly better than Roy Moore?

He's actually worse:

"Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?" - Donald J. Trump
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies