COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:30:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 268752 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

Maybe what many places have done in banning outdoor farmer's markets even though grocery stores have continued to operate wasn't such a great idea.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »

What do you guys think? Could this turn into something or is it a nothing burger?

A picture is emerging - Seth Abramson is trying to sell more copies of his book.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 12:35:55 AM »

According to the university of Maryland impact analysis platform you can see data on who is social distancing by state and county. http://data.covid.umd.edu
Pretty non-sensical.

Those in Manhattan travel relatively short distances packed into subways. Someone in Wyoming drives 50 miles to work in their truck by themselves.

The index is calculated on a relative basis. Those who normally travel longer distances are not penalized for continuing to do so.

Traveling alone in you truck may be a safer practice, but it doesn't really count as "social distancing" to keep doing the same thing you were before.

Distance traveled is in no way an accurate proxy for social distancing. 
My neighbors have a party with twenty or thirty people a few times a week. It doesn't matter if those people came a few blocks or fifteen miles to get there.  When I go out by myself, it doesn't matter if I go somewhere in walking distance or go forty miles.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 12:40:53 AM »

When I first saw Trump's allies in the media saying "Fake news, he never said 'inject yourself with bleach!'" I first wrote it off as the usual lying and gaslighting they do. But I thought more about it, and I realized this was their way of protecting their lives of their viewers, who uncritically follow Trump's advice... their was no ideologically approved space for them to contradict the President or allege he could possibly be wrong, but they knew people would die if they said nothing, so pinning it on the media was their way of helping their viewers without appearing to disrespect Trump.

How about he literally never told people to inject themselves with bleach - Why isn't that enough?  He said injecting with disinfectant was something doctors should look into.  It was a confused statement from him but he wasn't instructing people to do something dangerous.

It's almost as if some people want to spread the idea that Trump told people to drink bleach in hopes that some Trump fan will actually do it and it will make Trump look bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies