Why are people so confident of a Romney win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:15:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why are people so confident of a Romney win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are people so confident of a Romney win?  (Read 2977 times)
The Constable
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -8.17

« on: October 24, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »

I know many find this hard to believe but President Obama is in over his head and people across this country are realizing that it is time to put someone in there who actually knows what he's doing.

The problem is, nothing indicates that Romney knows how to run a government.

He ran a state, a business and the Olympics. 

Certainly Romneycare was a triumph (see Charles P. Pierce, Esquire, as I am not permitted to link yet) but Romney did not exactly "run a state" or work on bipartisan terms for the vast majority of legislature enacted during his time as Massachusetts governor. He merely vetoed 844 pieces of legislature. The Dermocratic assembly overrode nearly every one of them. So not exactly "bipartisan".
The Constable
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -8.17

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2012, 07:27:44 PM by The Constable »

I know many find this hard to believe but President Obama is in over his head and people across this country are realizing that it is time to put someone in there who actually knows what he's doing.

The problem is, nothing indicates that Romney knows how to run a government.

He ran a state, a business and the Olympics. 

Certainly Romneycare was a triumph (see Charles P. Pierce, Esquire, as I am not permitted to link yet) but Romney did not exactly "run a state" or work on bipartisan terms for the vast majority of legislature enacted during his time as Massachusetts governor. He merely vetoed 844 pieces of legislature. The Dermocratic assembly overrode nearly every one of them. So not exactly "bipartisan".

He did get things accomplished as governor. 

He achieved something great with near-universal health care (and then ran away from the good that it did to hundreds of thousands like it was a cancer) and did a very good job balancing the budget by closing business loopholes...but he did not even bother to talk to his legislature after the first year of his term, let alone compromise with them, and they ended up just going around him to achieve a great deal of the legislature passed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies