Will you watch Judged by Matt Walsh?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:09:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Will you watch Judged by Matt Walsh?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will you?
Yes

No

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Will you watch Judged by Matt Walsh?  (Read 479 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2024, 11:04:17 PM »

https://deadline.com/2024/04/daily-wire-matt-walsh-court-room-reality-series-judged-first-trailer-1235874725/

Conservative media company The Daily Wire is launching a Judge Judy-style reality courtroom comedy series called Judged By Matt Walsh.

Each episode of the arbitration-based show will see real-life litigants with petty grievances bring their cases before ‘Judge Walsh’ for a legal and binding decision. You can see the first trailer above.

The “light-hearted” series will premiere Tuesday, April 9, with the first episode streaming for free on DailyWire+, X, and YouTube and the second episode dropping the same night on DailyWire+. New episodes will drop weekly exclusively on DailyWire+.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 11:13:27 PM »

My guess is there's like a 20% chance this actually ends up being pretty funny although likely not in the way that Walsh wants and an 80% chance of being absolute garbage. Maybe I'll watch one episode to see what it is.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 08:06:21 AM »

I’d rather have teeth pulled.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 09:54:24 AM »

Will he allow any LGBTQ litigants come before him or this will be a strictly straight WASP show?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 10:34:39 AM »

Will he allow any LGBTQ litigants come before him or this will be a strictly straight WASP show?
Matt Walsh isn't a WASP, he's Catholic.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 10:35:03 AM »

Looks like sh-t.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 10:41:09 AM »

Phew, I was mildly worried that this guy was somebody that the left should be concerned about as a serious threat.  This rules that out.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 10:52:05 AM »

Matt Walsh isn't a WASP, he's Catholic.

He hates Pope Francis so he's more like a sedevacantist.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 11:02:41 AM »

Why would I do that?
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 11:20:41 AM »

Judge John Hodgman is the only fake internet judge I need.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 01:59:32 PM »

Phew, I was mildly worried that this guy was somebody that the left should be concerned about as a serious threat.  This rules that out.

He's shockingly talentless and unlikable. The right's trans obsession is the only reason he is getting more than 300 views on his YouTube videos.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 02:34:29 PM »

If you don't have the talent for Fox, you go work for Benji.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 05:15:41 PM »

This kind of looks like an Eric Andre-esque spoof of a courtroom show. If it devolves into a total fever dream by halfway through, I'd be impressed - still won't watch it though.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 06:04:17 PM »

He's shockingly talentless and unlikable. The right's trans obsession is the only reason he is getting more than 300 views on his YouTube videos.

He dumped tons of money into advertisements for his terrible YouTube show back in early 2022. I remember getting his content constantly recommended to me all spring. He's a completely fabricated celebrity.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 06:08:28 PM »

I'd rather watch Gaza footage.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 06:08:58 PM »

He dumped tons of money into advertisements for his terrible YouTube show back in early 2022. I remember getting his content constantly recommended to me all spring. He's a completely fabricated celebrity.

He has a legitimate following. But it's mostly the kind of people who still think the Babylon Bee is funny.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 07:15:33 PM »

I think the reason Walsh has such a following is he's actually pretty good at "triggering the libs", although this has less to do with him and more to do with the type of liberal who's Extremely Online and social media obsessed. All of his rather trollish tweets that deserve little more than an eye roll often get FURIOUS replies from those type of Twitter posters who thought Andrew Cuomo was being set up until that wasn't socially acceptable anymore or that it was sexist to ask Feinstein to resign and people getting up in arms over things like him obviously ironically calling himself a "theocratic fascist" in his bio. He's slightly more high brow than the likes of say Stephen Crowder, and certainly moreso than all those generic Pepe or red hat avatars and so that makes him more effective at stirring up such sh!t, even though he rarely says anything particularly interesting or worth getting bent out of shape over.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2024, 07:22:26 PM »

The guy literally made a video where he defended Gaston, the Evil Queen, the Hunter from Bambi, and other Disney villains as misunderstood figures that have been unfairly vilified by the liberals.
He is so dumb it hurts.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2024, 09:54:44 PM »

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2024, 10:20:54 PM »

Apparently he's been in conservative media for almost 15 years but I'd bet at least 95% of his current audience hadn't heard of him before 2021 at the earliest. A good indicator for whether an "influencer" has manufactured fame is if they've been around forever, desperately trying to make it big before suddenly doing so for absolutely no discernible reason. I suspect Dave Rubin and Candace Owens are similar characters. I'm sure plenty of mentally ill people listen to them now, but that's only because of a multi-million dollar ad campaign and dozens of endorsements from established conservative hacks told them to do it. 
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2024, 01:01:14 AM »

If you don't have the talent for Fox, you go work for Benji.

If you were going to force me to watch a certain time frame of Daily Wire vs Fox commentators I'd probably go Daily Wire tbh
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2024, 02:05:18 PM »

No. I won't support someone who incited stochastic terrorism against people who possibly saved my life.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2024, 02:36:58 PM »

I think the reason Walsh has such a following is he's actually pretty good at "triggering the libs", although this has less to do with him and more to do with the type of liberal who's Extremely Online and social media obsessed. All of his rather trollish tweets that deserve little more than an eye roll often get FURIOUS replies from those type of Twitter posters who thought Andrew Cuomo was being set up until that wasn't socially acceptable anymore or that it was sexist to ask Feinstein to resign and people getting up in arms over things like him obviously ironically calling himself a "theocratic fascist" in his bio. He's slightly more high brow than the likes of say Stephen Crowder, and certainly moreso than all those generic Pepe or red hat avatars and so that makes him more effective at stirring up such sh!t, even though he rarely says anything particularly interesting or worth getting bent out of shape over.

I don't know, I got pretty "bent of out shape" when he developed personal relationships with members and staffers of my state's government in order to push a draconian anti-LGBT law under the guise of "protecting children from Democratic pedophiles" and then was invited by my governor to come celebrate and gloat when it was signed into law.

Without Walsh, that anti-parent and anti-family law would never have even been considered.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2024, 03:48:17 PM »

Matt Walsh belongs in hell.
Pages: [1]