Amendment idea: the Bill of Rights must not be subject to repeal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:10:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Amendment idea: the Bill of Rights must not be subject to repeal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment idea: the Bill of Rights must not be subject to repeal  (Read 1596 times)
Benj

« on: December 28, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2012, 09:55:55 PM by Benj »

Bandit, do you support the 2nd Amendment? How about the 10th?

I support both. The Bill of Rights is a package deal.

This is an odd assertion, given that there were originally 17 Articles in the Bill of Rights, later narrowed down to 12 by the Senate. Two of those 12 Articles in the Bill of Rights were rejected, and one never made it into the Constitution. (The other was later ratified as the 27th Amendment.) That hardly sounds like a package deal to me.

In any case, it's impossible, as you could always repeal the clause that makes the Bill of Rights unable to be repealed. And, if there were actually public support for repeal of one or more Amendments, I don't think the public would be held back by the word of the Constitution alone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies