Who would be the strongest Kentucky Democrat in a statewide election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:13:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who would be the strongest Kentucky Democrat in a statewide election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Ben Chandler

Andy Beshear

Allison Grimes

Adam Edelen

Jack Conway

Todd Hollenbach

Crit Luallen

Jerry Abramson

Daniel Mongiardo

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Who would be the strongest Kentucky Democrat in a statewide election?  (Read 3053 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« on: August 23, 2016, 09:52:47 PM »

Bevin is probably done for, but I think Edelen and Beshear are the strongest. Conway definitely is not.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:02:42 PM »

Bevin is probably done for, but I think Edelen and Beshear are the strongest. Conway definitely is not.

Almost everyone on this site (inculding myself) thought Conway was going to win. Election day comes, and Bevin not only wins, but he wins by so much that he dragged in the Republican Auditor candidate and nearly dragged in the Republican Attorney General and SOS candidates. It's very hard to see 2019 going well for KY Democrats. It's not as if the state is changing in a D direction demographically.

I have serious doubts about this, because Louisville and Lexington are growing, while the coalfields are losing population in droves.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:14:46 PM »

Have you ever heard of a statewide majority where only two counties go for the winning candidate? Coal Country and the West are more gone for you which each passing day. Sorry, but it's not happening.

You have to see what's occurring on the ground to really understand Kentucky politics.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:19:48 PM »

Plus, in many Republican counties, the county seat actually is a Democratic stronghold. I guess Mason County or Harrison County are like this.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »

That's weird, I've never been on Kentucky and I seem to understand more about it's politics than you.

Then who's my state representative?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies