race-based affirmative action roll call (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:02:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  race-based affirmative action roll call (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: race-based affirmative action roll call  (Read 4571 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« on: September 25, 2005, 06:59:42 AM »

Don't put words in my mouth.  You say I've been favored.  I want to know how.

In the same way I have been favored, as in relative favor compared to the black.
This doesn't answer my question.  I want to know how I have been favored over blacks, and who is favoring me.

I'm not going to indulge in your little game, Ebowed.
In other words, not answer my question.

To answer it would be tiresome and pointless since your advantage are so obvious, from lack of fear when you walk around in 'nice' neighborhoods to preferrential treatment in hiring or business relations, to lack of harrassment by the police.. the list could go on and on. 

If I may interject here…  That may happen sometimes, and it’s very sad when people discriminate against blacks or other minorities, but I think the only way to help those who have been wrongly treated is to not discriminate against, or for, them.  We can’t just give them a whole lot of easy breaks because their ancestors had hard ones in the past.  Everyone has to work to earn what is rightfully theirs, they can’t just be given collage and a job on a silver platter, or else some of them might stop working for it, and there is no sense of accomplishment in something that may or may not be really earned by you.  You have to earn getting your job or your collage entry, or it won’t mean anything to you.  Don’t you understand?  You’re not giving them anything, your taking away something they may never get to experience.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies