The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:35:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Signup/Info Thread)  (Read 11489 times)
terp40hitch
United States

« on: January 10, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »

Can I be former Rep. Jim Renacci (R-OH)
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:01:07 PM »

Since this is an in-real time game, I am going to not post an announcement speech but I will post Renacci announcing an exploratory committee. If that is ok
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:58:33 PM »

Rep. Jim Renacci Launches Exploratory Committee

Former Congressmen Jim Renacci (R-OH-16): I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania, I did not live rich. I grew up in the low middle class where every pay checked mattered to our family. When I am in my early twenties, I opened my first business with all the money I had. As a businessman, I created over 1,500 jobs and owned businesses across northeast Ohio. I am not a career politician, I am a businessman. I only ran for Congress in 2010 for two things. First, because of the disastrous bailouts from President Obama that cost taxpayers billions and took away one of my car dealerships taking jobs from northeast Ohio. Second, I ran because I was sick and tired of Washington D.C. not listening to the concerns of real Americans and only passing bills that benefit them. I am still sick and tired of Washington D.C. as so many other Americans especially Republicans are. This is why I am launching an exploratory committee for president of the United States.

Our nation needs a new leader, not a Washington insider. I am a businessman and I am the conservative leader that this nation has been looking for. I will not continue to allow our government to spend and spend to leave a twenty-two trillion dollar debt for the future generation. As president, I will not pass a single budget that allows tax-payer funded abortion. I will stop the flow of illegal immigration while making it easier for them to get legal status.

That is the conservative change this country needs and the reason, I am looking at running for president because I believe I can bring that change to the United States of America. That is the message I will be touring the country and seeing if the American people agree that this country needs a change of leadership in Washington D.C. and the need to make a change across the country. That is what the people of northeast Ohio wanted which is why they send to Congress and that is why I believe America will send me to the White House.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:03:55 PM »

By the way, wouldn't you be willing to have 2 endorsements per turn? I feel it's better for early coalition-building. It's your call in the end, of course, but endorsements are important to chart your strategy.
Well, it'll honestly depend on how many candidates actually enter the field. If there's, say, 15 or 20, having 2 people endorse a week this early is unrealistic, but if it stays fairly small (i.e. 5-10), then I'll ok two endorsements a week.

Maybe instead the number of people endorsing should depend on who the endorsement requests are for, or the endorsements could be based on polling numbers (i.e someone polling well would have a better chance of all of their endorsements getting through).
I think this is a good idea like if you want a Governor's endorsement then you only get one but if you want a former or current rep. then you can get two or three. I also like the polling idea
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:40:44 PM »

It is kinda good the field is small right now since many candidates wouldn’t have announced till June or July
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »

Can I change to Senator Alveda King, who replaced Johnny Isakson in the Senate after he retired in 2016?
You can't make up characters and give them senator or governor status
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »

Can I switch to Rep. Tulsi Gabbard?
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 08:31:53 PM »

Ok, but it leaves the GOP primary kind of bare (Tennessean's the only Republican left if you switch).
I would like to switch but if no other Republicans join by July then I will switch back
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »

I am so sorry but can I actually switch back to Renacci. I just don’t think Gabbard has any chance and I would like to see competition in the gop field
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 10:47:15 PM »

Was this based on her actual declaration, by the way?
Actually no, didn’t know she was running till right after I asked for her
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 10:57:39 PM »

Renacci wishes for the pre endorsement of Representative Dan Crenshaw
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 11:05:51 PM »

Renacci wishes for the pre endorsement of Representative Dan Crenshaw

Got it. And he's a badass.
Very true
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »

Can I actually be Carly Fiorina, I just think this will create a more exciting Republican primary. If I can, can I switch my pre-endorsement to Barbara Comstock
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 07:05:48 PM »

Can I actually be Carly Fiorina, I just think this will create a more exciting Republican primary. If I can, can I switch my pre-endorsement to Barbara Comstock

Ok, but your character will be locked once the 21st rolls around and the game actually starts.
Got it, I promise this will be the last one
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 08:07:45 PM »

Carly Fiorina Annuces Exploratory Commitee at RNC Meeting
Washington D.C. on January 13th, 2019

Carly Fiorina: I lived the American dream, I grew up in a small town and in a small house. I didn't grow up in a mansion like much of these Washington elites that have made a career out of politics. I not living off my parent's good fortunes. I lived in the lower middle class, my mom was a Sunday school teacher which is why I have such strong Christian values and my father was a judge. I started as a sectary at a small firm but I ended up as the CEO of Hewlett-Packard. Only in America can that happen and that is why this country is so special to me. That is why I will do anything to protect America and Americans.

That is why I am forming an exploratory committee to run for president of the United States. I believe I can continue the legacy of President Romney and I will do more to fix the problems plaguing this country. We still have aggressive pro-choice agenda in this nation, we have twenty-two trillion dollars in debt caused by the career politicians and only businesswomen can fix that. Under President Romney are the economy is thriving but we can't forget about the other problems our nations are facing and as the commander and chief, I will continue the Romney legacy and fix the debt and fix our social issues. I believe I can do that but I need my fellow Americans to believe that I am too before I officially announced for president.

Not only does our president need to fix the problems plaguing but our nominee needs to fix the problems plaguing our party. Our party has yet to reach out to minorities, we have yet to reach out to women. We need to start winning those people even if they are a hard voting block for Democrats. We already have seen these voting blocks start to fall, the blue wall is starting to fall and I will continue that. White Women voted for DeSantis, Renacci, Kemp, and Cruz. The Blue Wall started to crumble in 2012 and 2016 and it will fall in 2020 with the right candidate. I believe I am the right candidate which is why I am exploring a candidacy for the presidency.

It is time to fix the problems plaguing both the country and the party.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »

Finally, an actual Republican who people would take seriously if they ran for President (sorry Lisa Murkowski)!

I can't help but find it funny that your first answer was Murkowski instead of Shapiro. Lol.

Murkowksi (and Renacci) are the kind of candidates who probably would run, but would never get any traction in a Republican Primary.

Shapiro wouldn't even bother running in the first place.
I think Renacci would have run if he won which is why I switched because I don't think he has a viable path with so much failure around him and Carly Fiorina actually would run and irl did pretty well for a little
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 09:49:24 PM »

Republican primary prediction

Dark Red: Carly Fiorina
Green: Nikki Haley
Dark Green: Alevda King
Dark Blue: Lisa Murkowski
Blue: Charlie Baker
Red: Paul Ryan

Some of the close states off face value were Florida (Between King and Haley) and California (Between Fiorina and Sharipo). In Florida, I decided Haley because of name recognition and the outsider vote splitting. California, I went for Fiorina because she has actually won a primary in California before even if she didn't win a general election
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 10:00:28 PM »

Also, I think we should have some straw polls like irl in the game too
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »

So one of the reasons I was waiting until the 21st to start gameplay has just been postponed, potentially for a significant period of time. As a result, if everyone's ok with it, gameplay will now begin tomorrow at 18:00:00 UTC (1:00 PM EST, noon CST, 11:00 AM MST, 10:00 AM PST, 7:00 AM Hawaii time, and anywhere from 4:00 AM to 7:00 AM Sunday Australian time).

For anyone with concerns, all Election Update interviews will proceed as scheduled, and endorsements from potential candidates will lock as soon as gameplay begins (i.e. no one can "un-endorse" you by running as Oprah, Bernie, Collins, etc.). New polls that reflect former President Obama's withdrawal will be the opening post of the gameplay thread.
Sounds great to me
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies