When Sir Alex Retires.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:44:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  When Sir Alex Retires.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When Sir Alex Retires....  (Read 1081 times)
nemesis2004
Rookie

« on: June 03, 2009, 04:47:48 PM »

Back in 2002, the board were looking to appoint Sven, as Michael Crick of the BBC said in a now famous(or is it infamous?)documentary, which-along with other things mentioned in it- lead to Ferguson's boycott of the BBC. The same Sven who was on his way to the World Cup was still under contract to the FA-just as he was a few years later when Abramovich wanted him at Chelsea to replace Ranieri....

I can't help thinking that United ended up with the better part of the deal....As to who will replace? A few years ago I would have said O'Neill. Ottmar Hitzfeld was also being eyed for it. But I can't help thinking it will be the man who is under contract elsewhere to 2012, which is when SAF will probably go; and this man wants the job... Jose Mourinho.
nemesis2004
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »

It is quite clear by now that Fergie will only ever leave Old Trafford in a box so all this talk is mute.

Ha ha ha....could be closer to the truth than we think. And no, don't mean it in a Jock Stein way, like some Liverpool fan(clearly hopefully)suggested to me recently... SAF has had as many farewell tours as Sinatra. Long may it continue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies