The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:17:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The NY-26 Election. Have fun but keep your shirt on.  (Read 50109 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: February 09, 2011, 06:05:55 PM »

Is this the most pathetic sex scandal ever or what?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:38:31 PM »

Capital (sic) Tonight really wants this TEA party challenge to happen, don't they?

Do you know many political junkies who don't?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »

Cheesy

http://www.murphycanhascongress.com/
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

I still question whether those Davis people will actually go to the polls, but I guess we'll have to see.

Well, if he promises them free beer like the Wisconsin Republicans did to collect their recall signatures, then all bets are off.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »

Kos himself.

http://twitter.com/#!/markos/status/67620847883534337
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »

http://www.rollcall.com/news/bellavia_endorses_davis_as_attack_escalate_in_ny_special-205512-1.html

Wealthy third-party candidate Jack Davis unveiled the endorsement of tea party darling David Bellavia on Wednesday, a move intended to counter charges by conservative groups that Davis is largely a tea party impostor in western New York’s looming special election.

“Jack Davis is honored to have the support of David Bellavia, a man of integrity and honor. And it will certainly add momentum to Jack Davis’ campaign, which is picking up more support every day,” Davis spokesman Curtis Ellis told Roll Call on Wednesday. “He’s not just endorsing Jack, he’s actively campaigning for Jack.”

The endorsement comes 13 days before Election Day. It will be formally announced during a 6 p.m. event with veterans, a setting aimed at tempering a conflict between the two men dating back to a 2006 campaign ad, in which Bellavia accused Davis of playing politics with troops.

“Veterans in Western New York and voters of all stripes have one clear choice for Congress, and that is Jack Davis, a true independent who will work for the people as he caucuses with the Republicans in the House of Representatives,” Bellavia said in a statement.

An Iraq war veteran and author, Bellavia was the sentimental favorite of western New York tea party groups in the days and weeks after Jane Corwin claimed the GOP nomination earlier in the spring. With the help of tea party activists, Bellavia collected thousands of signatures to try to qualify for the May 24 ballot, but he ultimately backed off the effort after a paperwork blunder.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/05/12/starting_trouble_in_ny-26.html

If this really turns out to have been the way it looks in this short video, this could be Jack Davis' 'macaca moment'.

Sure didn't help Bob Etheridge, that's for sure.

Yeah, but Davis smacked down a Librul!!!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »

!!!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 01:45:55 AM »

If Hochul wins, how will that affect redistricting?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 02:51:21 AM »

If Hochul wins, how will that affect redistricting?

If Slaughter retires its easy, if not its a little more complicated.

The second hypothesis is far more interesting. Wink

I assume the Dems could very well dismantle her district. On paper they will lose a Democratic incumbent, but in reality they will be dismantling a Republican district.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »

Nancy Pelosi still being used a the boogeyman? Ha. Not surprised.

I guess Michael Dukakis lost some of his potency during the last two years.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 03:21:54 PM »

Ian Murphy, Green Party candidate and the man who pranked Scott Walker, phonebanks for Jane Corwin and describes his experience in hilarious detail.

http://www.buffalobeast.com/?p=6072

I spent about three hours volunteering at Jane Corwin HQ, phoning potential voters, under the alias Steve Smith–an underemployed pet psychic and WNY repat most recently from Oakland, CA.

“That’s…interesting,” an organizer named Erin says, not really paying attention. “Well, thanks for helping out.” I probably didn’t have to go through the trouble, but I’d given myself a buzz cut, dyed my hair black and wore a pair of thick-framed reading glasses, for a disguise. After about ten minutes of sweating through my oxford shirt, it became clear that no one in that room thought I was anything other than Steve Smith, eager Republican wanker.

I actually spoke with roughly 100 people, and the majority of them were extremely upset with the harassment by phone. Unless they immediately relented and said they were voting for Jane, their name went back into the system, and we’d call them until their spirits were thoroughly crushed. It’s an odd campaigning strategy — one that is no doubt backfiring.

People are sick of the media saturation–the constant lies spewing from camp Corwin. These calls seemed to represent the last straw for a lot of folks.

“Um, Bob?” I beckon the supervisor.

“Yeah, Steve, what is it?”

“Some of these people are saying that Jane is going to end Medicare–just because that’s what the Wall Street Journal wrote. What should I tell them–should I lie?”

“Hmm…” Bob thinks about this for a few seconds. “They’ve been asking about Medicare?”

“Yeah.” And they were.

“sh**t,” he mumbles under his breath. “Don’t lie. Tell them that, if they’re 55 or over, Jane’s plan won’t change their Medicare. And if they’re 54 or under tell them that Jane’s plan will…um…make things…better.” He walks away.

“But, Bob?” I call after him. “Some of these people are younger and they think Medicare is a problem…should I tell them that Jane’s plan will end Medicare?”

“Yeah, if it helps,” he says, running back to his desk. The ruminant Chairman of the Erie County Republican Committee Nick Langworthy is lingering in a back corner. They conspire about something terrible, no doubt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies