UK - is it time for change?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:33:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK - is it time for change?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK - is it time for change?  (Read 1067 times)
ukchris82
Rookie
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »

I've been a life long labour supporter, but after the terrible administration of Brown, I beginning to think of changing my support to the Lib Dems (I'd never support the conservatives).

Today, we find out that the US did refuel on British soil despite being assured otherwise, is the straw that is going to break the camel's back for me (even though it happened during Blair's Government).

Issues that are close to me, namely gay rights, are supported by both parties, so I wouldn't be betraying my views.

I dunno!

Needless to say, the Atlas gay community has another member!!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »

It's always time for change. Equally it's always time to be concerned that things might not remain the same. Personally I don't agree with the idea that change is an inherently positive thing in its own right; it's only good if the change itself is good. Thatcher, Reagan and Hitler all represented "change". But that's something for later.

Today, we find out that the US did refuel on British soil

Well, Diego Garcia.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not only did it happen during Blair's government, but it seems that the government didn't actually know about it. Which is concerning, but in a (very) different way.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:24:34 AM »

Its time for a change alright. David Cameron in the next general election, that'd be enough change for me.

But what if David Miliband was the Labour candidate? Then I wouldn't know who(m) to support.

My problem with the Lib Dems is that even in 2005, when they should have had a huge breakthrough because they were the only major party against the Iraq War, they still only managed 62 seats out of 646. Damn tactical voting.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »

It's always the right time to vote Lib Dem Tongue

Even for those who agree more with the ideals of Labour than the ideals of the Lib Dems, Labour has clearly lost its ideological way since the 2001 election.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:54:41 AM »

It's always time for change. Equally it's always time to be concerned that things might not remain the same. Personally I don't agree with the idea that change is an inherently positive thing in its own right; it's only good if the change itself is good. Thatcher, Reagan and Hitler all represented "change". But that's something for later.

Today, we find out that the US did refuel on British soil

Well, Diego Garcia.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not only did it happen during Blair's government, but it seems that the government didn't actually know about it. Which is concerning, but in a (very) different way.

Moving those fingers a little quickly today.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies