Confirmation Hearing: Battista Minola 1616 for Secretary of Federal Elections (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:37:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Battista Minola 1616 for Secretary of Federal Elections (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Battista Minola 1616 for Secretary of Federal Elections (Final Vote)  (Read 1048 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: May 31, 2022, 10:54:47 AM »

Since this individual believes that treason is acceptable if you are buddies with the perpetrators he is unfit to serve as an impartial SoFE. I am unable to support this nomination.

I might also add that it's a great shame that Mr. Battista has chosen to embrace ideology over his duty to serve and defend the Constitution. I used to believe that he was a thoughtful, mostly nonpartisan, logical individual but clearly I was wrong. Just because one's buddies excuse treason doesn't mean you have to but I understand that peer pressure is a powerful thing.

I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors (and I have no doubt that he will be confirmed by the Senate anyway).
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 01:07:45 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2022, 01:12:00 PM by West_Midlander »

Since this individual believes that treason is acceptable if you are buddies with the perpetrators he is unfit to serve as an impartial SoFE. I am unable to support this nomination.

I might also add that it's a great shame that Mr. Battista has chosen to embrace ideology over his duty to serve and defend the Constitution. I used to believe that he was a thoughtful, mostly nonpartisan, logical individual but clearly I was wrong. Just because one's buddies excuse treason doesn't mean you have to but I understand that peer pressure is a powerful thing.

I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors (and I have no doubt that he will be confirmed by the Senate anyway).

Words, words, words. I have never "excused treason" and I am rather perplexed your idea of me would do a 180° this way. I lashed out at you elsewhere earlier because a certain line of argumentation was extremely noxious, yes. Even if it may have been excessive what you are doing here is just a huge strawman. Either way that is irrelevant to this hearing or really to any other thread. Have a nice day!

My view of you didn't do a 180 today. You have been acting more hackish the past several months. I used to consider you a major FF, just for the record.

You did excuse treason because you vigorously defend the treasonous former PPT. Apparently, traitors to the republic can just say sorry and then they can continue on as if nothing happened.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 01:21:23 PM »

Sad to see some people are so stuck in the past.

Indeed. Last month is ancient history.

/s
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 06:08:19 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2022, 06:13:50 AM by West_Midlander »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: