Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144358 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 30, 2017, 11:26:19 PM »

Win or lose, Moore will still burn in hell for what he is done. And I sincerely hope that he does when it's time for judgment day. AN ELECTION AIN'T TICKET OUT OF HELL, LOL!
t

Well I am sure he will meet Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton there.

He'll meet his voters down there, who will be somewhere between 45% and 50% of the electorate.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #1326 on: December 01, 2017, 12:59:05 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 01:03:06 AM by Pennsylvania Deplorable »

Win or lose, Moore will still burn in hell for what he is done. And I sincerely hope that he does when it's time for judgment day. AN ELECTION AIN'T TICKET OUT OF HELL, LOL!
Again we don’t even know if what the women claimed is true.
That's what's so incredible. 95% of people on this site treat him as guilty until proven innocent (and I'm not sure they'd even accept it if he was proven innocent). I think he did date girls aged 16-18 with whom he did not have sex (according to all of those stories he was quite respectful and never went beyond kissing). Those stories all fit together soundly, however the allegation that he raped a 14 year old has him displaying an entirely different behavior towards her than is seen in any of the other cases. It also has no evidence for it besides a yearbook that the accuser's lawyer won't allow a neutral party to check for authenticity.

Moore is leading in the RCP average again. It seems most Alabama voters aren't convinced. I think he will win narrowly. After that, the Senate should demand the yearbook and check its veracity. If Moore is guilty, I hope there's enough proof to give him prison time. If he's innocent, I hope people here will stop saying "Republicans elected a pedophile."
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #1327 on: December 01, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »

If Democrat activists in Alabama are campaigning against Moore like some of you here, I understand why he may be rebounding.  Your negativity is so high, it undoubtly creates sympathy for him. Poor Jones must really be shacking in his boot with friends like you around.

Actually the repeated screaming of pedophile and reference to staying away from children, when there is no evidenc of similar acts in 40 years, is akin to Dole’s sighting of witches.  But you are so partisan you do not realize it.

Aww, don't pick on that poor pedophile guys. Cry

I wonder how these Alabama Republicans felt about Anthony Weiner.

I wonder if you know what you are talking about.  Or, do you say what ever rushes through your head like Trump does.  Weiner’s acts occurred in the last few years.  Moore’s occurred 40 years ago, if they occurred.

Man engages in pedophilia, but apparently stops, cause y'know pedophilia is something people can turn on and turn off i guess, so it's okay to be elected to the United States Senate, to make nothing of the fact that his opponent has no such moral cloud around him.

You must have some skeletons in your closet, eh?

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1328 on: December 01, 2017, 01:07:26 AM »

If Democrat activists in Alabama are campaigning against Moore like some of you here, I understand why he may be rebounding.  Your negativity is so high, it undoubtly creates sympathy for him. Poor Jones must really be shacking in his boot with friends like you around.

Actually the repeated screaming of pedophile and reference to staying away from children, when there is no evidenc of similar acts in 40 years, is akin to Dole’s sighting of witches.  But you are so partisan you do not realize it.

I wonder if you know what you are talking about.  Or, do you say what ever rushes through your head like Trump does.  Weiner’s acts occurred in the last few years.  Moore’s occurred 40 years ago, if they occurred.

Man engages in pedophilia, but apparently stops, cause y'know pedophilia is something people can turn on and turn off i guess, so it's okay to be elected to the United States Senate, to make nothing of the fact that his opponent has no such moral cloud around him.

The GOP will have the "honors" of electing a pedophile to the senate. I'm sure these hacks are ecstatic at the thought.

Twisted individuals
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1329 on: December 01, 2017, 01:09:44 AM »

That's what's so incredible. 95% of people on this site treat him as guilty until proven innocent (and I'm not sure they'd even accept it if he was proven innocent). I think he did date girls aged 16-18 with whom he did not have sex (according to all of those stories he was quite respectful and never went beyond kissing). Those stories all fit together soundly, however the allegation that he raped a 14 year old has him displaying an entirely different behavior towards her than is seen in any of the other cases. It also has no evidence for it besides a yearbook that the accuser's lawyer won't allow a neutral party to check for authenticity.

Moore is leading in the RCP average again. It seems most Alabama voters aren't convinced. I think he will win narrowly. After that, the Senate should demand the yearbook and check its veracity. If Moore is guilty, I hope there's enough proof to give him prison time. If he's innocent, I hope people here will stop saying "Republicans elected a pedophile."

Moore's behavior post revelations does not imply innocence. He stayed off the campaign trail for 8 days, which is incredibly suspicious behavior for an innocent man. None of the accusers gain anything by lying, other than finally gaining the chance to be heard.

Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #1330 on: December 01, 2017, 01:14:05 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 01:15:38 AM by Mumph »

I wonder if you know what you are talking about.  Or, do you say what ever rushes through your head like Trump does.  Weiner’s acts occurred in the last few years.  Moore’s occurred 40 years ago, if they occurred.

The GOP will have the "honors" of electing a pedophile to the senate. I'm sure these hacks are ecstatic at the thought.

Twisted individuals

Yup. Still mind blown at how most of the RINOs here are proud to be a Republican and insist everything is fine. 👀 Alrighty then! Keep telling yourselves you're too good to be the Democrats you really are!

>Implying I have liberal political opinions
sure

Anyway, I still think Moore will squeak by, just because there's a lot of people in Alabama who seem to basically have an excuse for everything.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1331 on: December 01, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »

DOUG CAN WIN!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1332 on: December 01, 2017, 01:20:37 AM »

Me walking back in on this thread again:

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1333 on: December 01, 2017, 02:20:16 AM »

So, back to the topic on hand, any thoughts about what a Winning map looks like in Alabama for the Dem and Rep US-SEN candidates?

Ran some numbers based upon the latest JMC Poll on another thread....

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=278477.msg5933746#msg5933746

Meanwhile one of our best data-crunchers from the Southland (Former Pres Griffith) has basically given up on this thread, since it turned into yet another Atlas stream of raw sewage and filth, without any real content involved....

Anyways, here is part of the Professor's (Excuse me President) Griffith's work a few short weeks back on this very thread...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=277205.msg5907844#msg5907844

Damn.... poor mods, must feel like herding cats around these parts, and no wonder there have been very few posts of any substance for days, and arguably a couple weeks on this Damn thread...

Excuse me for my blasphemy, but Jesus Christ, this isn't an election Night megathread...

Any thoughts about which regions and counties Moore/Jones needs to win and by what margins to create an electoral victory for the US-SEN-AL Special Election???

Turnout stuff is obviously key here, but thinking Jones needs to essentially keep it close in Metro Birmingham, flip Metro Mobile by margins, essentially tie in Northern 'Bama, and maintain decent margins in Metro Montgomery....

Thoughts???
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1334 on: December 01, 2017, 02:29:20 AM »

@MooreSenate
.@jimmykimmel If you want to mock our Christian values, come down here to Alabama and do it man to man. #ALSen

@MooreSenate
Judge Roy Moore Retweeted Jimmy Kimmel
Despite D.C. and Hollywood Elites' bigotry towards southerners, Jimmy, we'll save you a seat on the front pew.

Judge Roy Moore Retweeted Women for Trump
Thanks for the support!
@WomenforTrump
We stand proudly with @MooreSenate! Looking forward to him being the next US Senator from the state of #Alabama! #alpolitics #ALSenate #MOORESENATE

@MooreSenate
BREAKING: Democrat operatives in Alabama are REGISTERING THOUSANDS OF FELONS all across the state in an effort to swing the US Senate election to Doug Jones! #ALSen

Tall Talk when his son is a notorious criminal with 9 jail sentences.

@MooreSenate
"I look forward to standing with Judge Moore and all of the Alabama deplorables in the fight to elect him to the United States Senate," Bannon told CNN, "and send shockwaves to the political and media elites." #ALSen

@WalshFreedom
If I lived in Alabama, I'd vote for Roy Moore. Why?

1. Because an ACCUSED man isn't guilty.

2. Because the Republican establishment doesn't want him to win.

3. Because the other candidate supports killing babies 15 minutes before babies are born.

It's an easy call.

@MooreSenate
Dec. 12 in Alabama comes down to this:

#FullTerm #AbortionJones will give us another #ProChoice, pro-abortion #RuthBaderGinsburg style judge on the SCOTUS.

We can't let that happen.

We need another #ProLife Justice like #Gorsuch or #Scalia on the #SCOTUS.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1335 on: December 01, 2017, 02:32:14 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 02:35:49 AM by Shadows »

Can Abortion Make Roy Moore A Senator?

Republican voters in Alabama are being put in the uncomfortable position of choosing between a Republican accused of sexual misconduct with minors and a Democrat who believes in abortion rights. Moore and his supporters have heavily emphasized abortion in the weeks since the allegations, implicitly daring religious and socially conservative voters to sit out and allow a Democrat who supports abortion rights to take a deep South Senate seat. It’s rare for a candidate to devote so much time to the topic of abortion in a competitive general election.“It’s huge,” said Alabama GOP consultant Blake Harris. “If Jones is pro-life,” he hypothesized, “it’s a totally different scenario right now.” Trump, who faced a similar situation with the release of the Access Hollywood tape was able to leverage a similar dynamic to the one Moore is attempting. The comments Trump made on that tape made some conservative voters uncomfortable. But, his supporters argued, it was still vitally important that conservatives vote for him in order to make sure conservative, anti-abortion rights justices make it to the Supreme Court.

Jones’ comments during a September appearance on Meet the Press have been at the center of Moore’s attacks. Host Chuck Todd asked him if Jones would back a 20-week abortion ban, and Jones said he would not. “I’m not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman’s right and her freedom to choose,” he said. One Republican operative who has worked in Alabama described supporting abortion rights as the one position that was simply not tenable in Alabama, suggesting that you could have more liberal positions on just about any other issue — “I think you could be in favor of raising taxes” — just not that one. The operative deemed it “a fatal flaw” for Jones. “I think that really handicaps his ability to either flip potential supporters or get them to stay at home,” the operative said. “I think that’s a powerful issue and ultimately think that’s one of the reasons Moore is going to win.”

Chism Strategies, a Georgia-based progressive Democratic consulting firm not otherwise involved in the Senate race, did an automated survey of 1,500 white female Alabama voters on Nov. 21, and found that among undecided women and Moore supporters, abortion was a fairly frequent explanation for their position. The firm did not post the poll results, but rather looked at the responses of the women about how they’re thinking about their vote.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexislevinson/can-abortion-make-roy-moore-a-senator?utm_term=.efo2RZkrOA#.kg93J1Rgx
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1336 on: December 01, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »

I will never to this day why Doug Jones insisted on being pro-choice in what is possibly the state most hostile towards abortion in the country.

I don't think that's why he loses though. It will only be a 2% difference in the end. The real reason why Jones will lose is tribal partisanship. A lot of republican leaning people like Doug Jones and dislike Roy Moore... but they want to send someone who is conservative to the white house.

It'd be different if this was a governor race. But it isn't. I don't think Jon Bel Edwards would win a senate seat in Louisana vs Vitter.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1337 on: December 01, 2017, 02:45:40 AM »

I will never to this day why Doug Jones insisted on being pro-choice in what is possibly the state most hostile towards abortion in the country.

I don't think that's why he loses though. It will only be a 2% difference in the end. The real reason why Jones will lose is tribal partisanship. A lot of republican leaning people like Doug Jones and dislike Roy Moore... but they want to send someone who is conservative to the white house.

It'd be different if this was a governor race. But it isn't. I don't think Jon Bel Edwards would win a senate seat in Louisana vs Vitter.

Alabama is so anti-abortion that a statewide ballot initiative to ban abortion failed.

Nobody actually cares about Abortion. It's a phoney issue dregged up by child banging fundamentalists who guilt trip voters into thinking they have to vote against it. But truth is, most people don't actually care about Abortion as a political or cultural issue.

The left wing equivalent of this is LGBT rights. Most on the left say they are for LGBT rights but couldn't care less to do anything about it in real life. Same goes for stuff like black lives matter....I don't see throngs of liberals descending upon ghettoes to volunteer
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #1338 on: December 01, 2017, 02:46:28 AM »

I can’t comment on the last bit, but I certainly agree with the rest. Republican voters, exactly as with Trump, are desperately seeking reasons why it’s OK to vote for Moore. Never underestimate people’s capacity for wilful blindness, I’m seeing it in my own country with Brexit.

Moore by 5, maybe higher.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1339 on: December 01, 2017, 02:53:50 AM »

To be fair, Jones was asked this by Chuck Todd on Sept. 27 when he probably didn't think he had a chance, and just gave a boilerplate "I support the status quo" answer. But it's true that Democrats should nominate abortion moderates or pro-lifers in places like AL, MS, LA and AR. It's a 20 week ban. The UK has a 24 week ban. I'm strongly pro-choice and even I think that's reasonable.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1340 on: December 01, 2017, 03:55:06 AM »

If Jones was smart he would have said he was pro-life, would have quote unquote serious concerns about any pro-choice for the US Supreme Court, and then vote to confirm them anyway based on their overall judicial temperament and ability to fight for working Americans etc etc since he never win reelection anyway against any Republican other than Roy Moore anyway.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1341 on: December 01, 2017, 08:58:38 AM »

So, back to the topic on hand, any thoughts about what a Winning map looks like in Alabama for the Dem and Rep US-SEN candidates?

Ran some numbers based upon the latest JMC Poll on another thread....

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=278477.msg5933746#msg5933746

Meanwhile one of our best data-crunchers from the Southland (Former Pres Griffith) has basically given up on this thread, since it turned into yet another Atlas stream of raw sewage and filth, without any real content involved....

Anyways, here is part of the Professor's (Excuse me President) Griffith's work a few short weeks back on this very thread...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=277205.msg5907844#msg5907844

Damn.... poor mods, must feel like herding cats around these parts, and no wonder there have been very few posts of any substance for days, and arguably a couple weeks on this Damn thread...

Excuse me for my blasphemy, but Jesus Christ, this isn't an election Night megathread...

Any thoughts about which regions and counties Moore/Jones needs to win and by what margins to create an electoral victory for the US-SEN-AL Special Election???

Turnout stuff is obviously key here, but thinking Jones needs to essentially keep it close in Metro Birmingham, flip Metro Mobile by margins, essentially tie in Northern 'Bama, and maintain decent margins in Metro Montgomery....

Thoughts???

I mean, is it really that surprising that discussion isn't quite so nuanced, data driven, and analytical about a race where a major party nominates a pedophile and said pedophile is going to win anyway? There's plenty of reasoned discussion about races where one major party didn't nominate a pedophile (i.e. 99.999% of them.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1342 on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:36 AM »

Also, can we stop with the abortion meme? If it was such a crucial moral issue for Southern Republicans, then they wouldn't keep electing "baby killer" Scott DesJarlais, even in the primary where a scary Demoncrat isn't an option.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1343 on: December 01, 2017, 09:40:39 AM »

Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #1344 on: December 01, 2017, 01:09:17 PM »

Moore's behavior post revelations does not imply innocence. He stayed off the campaign trail for 8 days, which is incredibly suspicious behavior for an innocent man. None of the accusers gain anything by lying, other than finally gaining the chance to be heard.

It's incredibly suspicious that the accuser's lawyer won't allow the yearbook to be verified by a neutral third party. The notion that an accuser must automatically be believed because "she has no reason to lie" ought to have been done away with after the media ruined the lives of several innocent young men in the famous Duke Lacrosse trial with that exact attitude. I never even liked Roy Moore, but it's innocent until proven guilty, and there is no proof as of right now.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1345 on: December 01, 2017, 01:32:16 PM »

It's incredibly suspicious that the accuser's lawyer won't allow the yearbook to be verified by a neutral third party. The notion that an accuser must automatically be believed because "she has no reason to lie" ought to have been done away with after the media ruined the lives of several innocent young men in the famous Duke Lacrosse trial with that exact attitude. I never even liked Roy Moore, but it's innocent until proven guilty, and there is no proof as of right now.

I asked before and you deplorables said nothing, so I'll ask again.
Even if we assume that Beverly Young lied, what about the seven other accusers?
What about people from that era who confirm that the guy was a known creep, harassing teen girls at the mall and their schools?
Are they all part of a giant conspiracy of gays, transgender and socialists?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1346 on: December 01, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »

What do you mean by a “neutral third party?”
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1347 on: December 01, 2017, 01:44:50 PM »

What do you mean by a “neutral third party?”

Give it to the Libertarians.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1348 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:47 PM »

I asked before and you deplorables said nothing, so I'll ask again.
Even if we assume that Beverly Young lied, what about the seven other accusers?
What about people from that era who confirm that the guy was a known creep, harassing teen girls at the mall and their schools?
Are they all part of a giant conspiracy of gays, transgender and socialists?

I said it before and apparently the message was not received: ROY MOORE COULD PERSONALLY DIDDLE PENNSYLVANIA DEPLORABLE AND GREEDO AND THEYD STILL VOTE FOR HIM CUZ MUH DEMOCRAT

And when he was done he'd yell "Roll Tide!"
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1349 on: December 01, 2017, 02:21:10 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2017, 04:56:17 PM by Brittain33 »

It's incredibly suspicious that the accuser's lawyer won't allow the yearbook to be verified by a neutral third party.

I disagree, based on what I've learned about expert witnesses from friends in law enforcement. I doubt there is an objective way to validate conclusively the yearbook inscription; it ain't the Shroud of Turin where you can carbon-date the cotton, nor is it DNA. Surely the yearbook is actually from the 1970s. There are probably a million ways to spread doubt and uncertainty and make it a "both sides disagree" thing. Moore's campaign will certainly find experts to say it has to be false.

TV has given people false expectations that there are scientific tests of evidence that can apply everywhere. As far as this yearbook, I don't think there's much more we can do than assess with our own eyes, with circumstantial evidence, and with context.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies