There Is No 'Blue Wall' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:46:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  There Is No 'Blue Wall' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There Is No 'Blue Wall'  (Read 5686 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: May 12, 2015, 01:32:56 PM »

Not that this rendition of the mathematically obvious by Nate Silver, who's rather demonized around here anyway, will slow down the endless chatter about the topic by the usual suspects, but whatever.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 02:33:18 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2015, 02:42:24 PM by Torie »

I think it just splendid that everyone here understands it is about  95% all about the popular vote, and nothing else, and this parsing of swing states is just a waste of time, particularly at this point in the election cycle. And sure one can speculate about the popular vote, but given Hillary's potential problems, and given that we don't know who the Pub nominee will be, and that it is really up in the air in fact, and that we don't know how the Pub contenders will do under the klieg lights under pressure in prime time, and given that we don't know what the economy will be like, or what the Middle East will look like, and whether or not there have been more terrorist attacks, and how the Iran thing will play out, isn't that just about as silly an exercise?

Thank so much. Cheers.

PS: Oh yes, Lief, Silver did blame the polls for the UK debacle (interestingly, the Labour internal polls were much closer to the mark, with them down about 4%, and they were deeply worried about the election, and what the SNP was doing to them, so Milibrand was trotted out  to traduce the SNP, and announce that there were absolutely no marriage plans in the far horizon with them at all, but it was too little too late), but also blamed himself, for not having a higher error factor, to wit his confidence level about the potential of a majority government was much lower than it should have been. And that is about as relevant to this discussion as who Bushie is going to vote for for POTUS in 2016.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 02:44:35 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how Nate is plagiarizing himself from 4 years ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/magazine/nate-silver-handicaps-2012-election.html

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's always 50-50!

What do you think the odds are dear?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

What do you think the odds are dear?

I think 99% Clinton, 1% GOP is fair at the moment, sweetheart. Kiss

Thanks honey buns. I will write that down. I assume that there is no money out there for me on this one from you is there, with those odds? Yes, I thought not. Tongue

Btw, I quite enjoy your posts, and some of them make a heck of a lot of sense. It's just well, your confidence level, and confidence in your crystal ball, and the immutability of voting habits, kind of gives me vertigo. Speaking of persons of color in the context of immutability, to get off this damn white thing ad nauseum for just a moment, did you happen to notice what happened to the Asian vote in 2014?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies