AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 04:36:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133813 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: November 07, 2006, 04:01:36 PM »

Oops, I forgot that I'll be busy on Sunday too, so Monday it is. Wink
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #776 on: November 07, 2006, 10:41:16 PM »

Gracias!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #777 on: November 12, 2006, 03:19:32 PM »

whew, I have until tomorrow.  I just almost had a heart attack when I realized I haven't made these instructions yet.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #778 on: November 12, 2006, 03:22:25 PM »

Give me 5 hours of fundraising please. The rest will come sometime, I'm just not really in the mood.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #779 on: November 13, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »

Would anybody object to being given more time?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: November 13, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »

I'd have to seriously consider dropping out, as I have about ten minutes until I have to go to work.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #781 on: November 13, 2006, 05:12:03 PM »

No; I'd like more time
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #782 on: November 13, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »

Alright, since this particular event is the largest of the entire schedule, and only a few of you have posted so far, how about I remove the deadline for now?  You can just keep posting stuff until you're done.

Don't mess around though.  If we're left waiting for just one or two people who haven't done anything for over a week, then I might just have to be strict about it (for once).
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #783 on: November 13, 2006, 05:53:19 PM »

California

Level 2 Ad:

Ignoring the threat of global warming, even though it is widely accepted by the scientific community...
Image of earth heating

Treating scientists with contempt, silencing them for expressing positions contrary to those held by the government...
Image of hard-working scientists

Non-scientists fudging EPA reports written by scientists, for purely political purposes...
Image of high-profile people sitting around meeting table

Not making any effort towards more fuel efficient cars, leaving states on their own to implement higher fuel standards
Image of a traffic jam on the highway

Being beholden to the interests of oil companies; an energy task force made up mainly of oil executives?
Image of oil executives shaking hands with government leaders

Is this the environmental policy we want in our country? I should think not

Some in this country don't believe we need to worry about the environemt. However, the environmental problems we face are real, they aren't some crackpot. It is time we had a leader who will treat them as such.

I'm Alexander Bernstein, and I approve this message.

Speeches:

I am of the strong belief that No Child Left Behind has hurt our great country. I am all in favor of improvements to our education system; they are certainly necessary. However, No Child Left Behind is the wrong solution to an important problem. We have created a mindset of teaching to the test. This brings me back to a basic question: what is the main purpose of educating our children? To turn out students who are capable of going through life and solving the problems that will arise? Or is it to produce mindless robots who can ace a multiple choice test? Furthermore, No Child Left Behind has created a situation in which states are making their tests too easy, just as a way of ensuring that they will receive sufficient federal funding. So in addition to spending too much time worrying about standardized testing, the tests themselves are being watered down. Also, since the tests only cover subjects such as Math, Reading, and Writing, other crucial subjects are being ignored. Are science, social studies, and foreign language not also important? The very least our public schools can do is turn out students who can participate in our democratic form of government. But most importantly, although the federal government is extremely happy to point out how poorly some states do on standardized tests, it is not even providing the funding necessary to fix the shortcomings! If you send me to Washington, I will force congress to either fully fund No Child Left Behind or to create better, fairer education standards.

Individual freedom is something that is very important to me, and as a basic tenant of our country, something that should not be ignored. I support parts of the Patriot Act, but other parts are completely unacceptable to me as an American. Should the government know what books we take out from the library? No, most certainly not. Defenders of such programs claim they are necessary to protect the freedom and liberty of Americans. Pardon my saying so, but what exactly is the point of protecting freedom if all you are going to do is limit it? There will always be some sort of threat, some excuse for infringing on the civil liberties of Americans. If we back down now, a dangerous precedent will be set. As the old saying goes, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." As President, I pledge to protect this country from terrorist threats. But I also pledge to protect your civil liberties. These two missions are not mutually exclusive. I will use every legal means possible to conduct counter-terrorism operations. But in the process of protecting America, I will not forget what I am protecting, the values that make America great- freedom, liberty, and justice prominently among them.

To me, and I'm sure to you as well, health care is an extremely important issue that needs to be addressed. Many on the right speak of moral values very often, make them major focal points in their campaigns. However, these people almost always ignore the moral issues that actually affect people in this country, issues like poverty and health care. Over 43 million Americans are currently uninsured, and many of these people are children. To me, this is a moral crisis. If you send me to Washington, I will fight for a better health care system. Take the power out of the hands of the HMO's; the federal government should negotiate prices to help consumers. Allow drugs to be imported from Canada. Give financial assistance to those who need it; senior citizens should not have to choose between drugs and food. The state of our health care system is in disarray. We need leaders in Washington who are committed to change. Elect me, and I will fight for you, and fight for change.

American ingenuity has gotten us to where we are today. However, that does not mean that we can stop, pleased with our results, and not look forward. We cannot keep our dependence on oil forever, at some point, we will have to find alternative energy sources or our economy will be in serious trouble. There are several steps that must be taken to address this problem. First of all, the government must make a sizable commitment to finding alternative energy sources. Get the best scienists out there and on the job. Give major corporations incentives to find new solutions. Secondly, we need to lessen our reliance on oil. That means improving public transportation so it can be utilized by more people. That means incentives to companies to develop cars that need less oil or can run on energy other than fuel. Sadly, these companies aren't going to do it alone. And finally, we need leaders who aren't beholden to the interests of gas companies and who will act in the best interests of America. If that means hauling oil executives before Congress and forcing them to testify under oath, I am all for it. As President, I will make advancing the United States to a new era in fuel a centerpiece of my administration. We cannot go on like this, and it's about time someone took a stand on this vitally important issue.

General Campaigning:

120 hours
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #784 on: November 13, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »

Massachusetts

Level 1 Ad:

Ignoring the threat of global warming, even though it is widely accepted by the scientific community...
Image of earth heating

Treating scientists with contempt, silencing them for expressing positions contrary to those held by the government...
Image of hard-working scientists

Non-scientists fudging EPA reports written by scientists, for purely political purposes...
Image of high-profile people sitting around meeting table

Not making any effort towards more fuel efficient cars, leaving states on their own to implement higher fuel standards
Image of a traffic jam on the highway

Being beholden to the interests of oil companies; an energy task force made up mainly of oil executives?
Image of oil executives shaking hands with government leaders

Is this the environmental policy we want in our country? I should think not

Some in this country don't believe we need to worry about the environemt. However, the environmental problems we face are real, they aren't some crackpot. It is time we had a leader who will treat them as such.

I'm Alexander Bernstein, and I approve this message.

Speeches:

I am of the strong belief that No Child Left Behind has hurt our great country. I am all in favor of improvements to our education system; they are certainly necessary. However, No Child Left Behind is the wrong solution to an important problem. We have created a mindset of teaching to the test. This brings me back to a basic question: what is the main purpose of educating our children? To turn out students who are capable of going through life and solving the problems that will arise? Or is it to produce mindless robots who can ace a multiple choice test? Furthermore, No Child Left Behind has created a situation in which states are making their tests too easy, just as a way of ensuring that they will receive sufficient federal funding. So in addition to spending too much time worrying about standardized testing, the tests themselves are being watered down. Also, since the tests only cover subjects such as Math, Reading, and Writing, other crucial subjects are being ignored. Are science, social studies, and foreign language not also important? The very least our public schools can do is turn out students who can participate in our democratic form of government. But most importantly, although the federal government is extremely happy to point out how poorly some states do on standardized tests, it is not even providing the funding necessary to fix the shortcomings! If you send me to Washington, I will force congress to either fully fund No Child Left Behind or to create better, fairer education standards.

Individual freedom is something that is very important to me, and as a basic tenant of our country, something that should not be ignored. I support parts of the Patriot Act, but other parts are completely unacceptable to me as an American. Should the government know what books we take out from the library? No, most certainly not. Defenders of such programs claim they are necessary to protect the freedom and liberty of Americans. Pardon my saying so, but what exactly is the point of protecting freedom if all you are going to do is limit it? There will always be some sort of threat, some excuse for infringing on the civil liberties of Americans. If we back down now, a dangerous precedent will be set. As the old saying goes, “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." As President, I pledge to protect this country from terrorist threats. But I also pledge to protect your civil liberties. These two missions are not mutually exclusive. I will use every legal means possible to conduct counter-terrorism operations. But in the process of protecting America, I will not forget what I am protecting, the values that make America great- freedom, liberty, and justice prominently among them.

To me, and I'm sure to you as well, health care is an extremely important issue that needs to be addressed. Many on the right speak of moral values very often, make them major focal points in their campaigns. However, these people almost always ignore the moral issues that actually affect people in this country, issues like poverty and health care. Over 43 million Americans are currently uninsured, and many of these people are children. To me, this is a moral crisis. If you send me to Washington, I will fight for a better health care system. Take the power out of the hands of the HMO's; the federal government should negotiate prices to help consumers. Allow drugs to be imported from Canada. Give financial assistance to those who need it; senior citizens should not have to choose between drugs and food. The state of our health care system is in disarray. We need leaders in Washington who are committed to change. Elect me, and I will fight for you, and fight for change.

The United States has taken the lead on global issues in the past, whether it be space exploration, the fight against disease, or any number of issues. However, we are lagging behind in the environmental protection battle. There is no reason why only California should be implementing tough fuel emissions standards. There is no reason not for this to be a federal issue. Every state, not just California, should be better off environmentally, and our whole country should not be falling behind other countries when it to comes protecting the environment, especially considering we are its worst polluters. Were I to become President, I would submit the Kyoto Protocol to the Senate and do all I could to ensure ratification. Were I President, I would not have anyone in my administration who fudged EPA reports. I would promote policies that provide incentives to both businesses and consumers to develop and use environmentally friendly cars. I would put the environment, the world we live in, above the interests above rich businessmen who care only about their own bottom line. It is time that we take the lead on a problem we helped create.

Social Security is an issue that has come up often recently. It is an issue that we must be careful with; rash action is not a solution, it is only an addition to the problem. Many on the right have called for Social Security to be privatized. I am staunchly opposed to such a proposal. Social Security has long been in existence as a safety net. It should not be transformed into a money-making device designed to make a few people millionaires. Most people in our country need the benefits offered by social security, without them, many elderly Americans would face personal financial crises. Advocates of Social Security reform have charged that the system is broken and there is a great impending doom. While I think they may be exaggerating the nature of the threat, I accept that in some point in time we will need to make changes in the system. However, I favor other methods of reform, such as raising the cap on taxable earnings. Social Security is a vital program in our country, and it is of the utmost importance that it be preserved.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #785 on: November 13, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »

New York

Level 1 Ad:

The federal minimum wage has not been increased since 1997, the longest time peroid without an increase in over half a century.
Calendar flipping

During that time period, the value of the minimum wage has fallen by almost a dollar.
Downward line on a graph

To me, it is unacceptable that the federal government has not increased the minimum wage. Hard-working Americans nationwide can tell you that $5.15 is not enough. Every day, congressional inaction is hurting Americans who need help.
Image of a drab senate hearing, then switch to video of workers in plant

*Cut to Bernstein in his office*

As President, I will put pressure on Congress to take action on this vital issue, and raise the minimum wage to at least $7.00. We have waited too long, but it's not too late to make a difference.

I'm Alexander Bernstein, and I will fight for all Americans.

Speeches:

I stand here before you as a supporter of labor and the worker, staunchly opposed to right-to-work laws. Right-to-work laws only hurt the workers they are intended to “free”. They have a terribly damaging effect on unions, cutting down on their power and then hurting everyone in the workplace because there is no strong counterbalance to tight-fisted business owners. Furthermore, studies have shown that workplace safety is less in right-to-work states and that wages are an average of 6.5% less than those in states without the right-to-work law. I am opposed to the right-to-work law, but I am pro worker’s rights. Pro a worker’s right to an effective union. Pro better wages. Pro a safer workplace environment. Right-to-work laws don’t help workers, they help owners. As President, I will stand firmly behind you, the working man, and do all I can to help you economically. People can talk all they want about the decline of organized labor, but the issues that we need to fight for as everyday Americans are as pertinent as ever.

Social Security is an issue that has come up often recently. It is an issue that we must be careful with; rash action is not a solution, it is only an addition to the problem. Many on the right have called for Social Security to be privatized. I am staunchly opposed to such a proposal. Social Security has long been in existence as a safety net. It should not be transformed into a money-making device designed to make a few people millionaires. Most people in our country need the benefits offered by social security, without them, many elderly Americans would face personal financial crises. Advocates of Social Security reform have charged that the system is broken and there is a great impending doom. While I think they may be exaggerating the nature of the threat, I accept that in some point in time we will need to make changes in the system. However, I favor other methods of reform, such as raising the cap on taxable earnings. Social Security is a vital program in our country, and it is of the utmost importance that it be preserved.

General Campaigning:

60 hours
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #786 on: November 13, 2006, 06:03:12 PM »

Ohio

Level 2 Ad:

The federal minimum wage has not been increased since 1997, the longest time peroid without an increase in over half a century.
Calendar flipping

During that time period, the value of the minimum wage has fallen by almost a dollar.
Downward line on a graph

To me, it is unacceptable that the federal government has not increased the minimum wage. Hard-working Americans nationwide can tell you that $5.15 is not enough. Every day, congressional inaction is hurting Americans who need help.
Image of a drab senate hearing, then switch to video of workers in plant

*Cut to Bernstein in his office*

As President, I will put pressure on Congress to take action on this vital issue, and raise the minimum wage to at least $7.00. We have waited too long, but it's not too late to make a difference.

I'm Alexander Bernstein, and I will fight for all Americans.

Speeches:

We are currently in a time of war, and no matter where one stands on that issue, it is vital that we all agree to fully support our troops. Now, I believe that it is not mutually exclusive to support our troops but also oppose a particular military conflict. The men on the ground should never be blamed for a decision that they had no control over. Blame the leaders at the Pentagon, blame the Administration, blame the Congress, but don’t blame the troops. On this matter, we must give full support to our troops and their families. That has implications for us domestically. Too often, when young men and women go off to battle, families who badly need financial assistance are left behind. If I were President, I would pressure Congress to create a system that insures that no immediate family of a serviceman will be without necessary financial funds. Since there would be only one parent in the house, this would also cover costs such as child-care. We have people making the utmost sacrifice for our country. Furthermore, we need to protect our troops when they are on the ground. Whether or not one is for or against a war, we must provide our troops with all the armor, vehicles, and whatever else they may need to survive. Their lives are already at risk with their mere presence in a battleground, putting them at risk even more is flatly unacceptable. The last thing we should do is leave them or their families at undue risk.

I stand here before you as a supporter of labor and the worker, staunchly opposed to right-to-work laws. Right-to-work laws only hurt the workers they are intended to “free”. They have a terribly damaging effect on unions, cutting down on their power and then hurting everyone in the workplace because there is no strong counterbalance to tight-fisted business owners. Furthermore, studies have shown that workplace safety is less in right-to-work states and that wages are an average of 6.5% less than those in states without the right-to-work law. I am opposed to the right-to-work law, but I am pro worker’s rights. Pro a worker’s right to an effective union. Pro better wages. Pro a safer workplace environment. Right-to-work laws don’t help workers, they help owners. As President, I will stand firmly behind you, the working man, and do all I can to help you economically. People can talk all they want about the decline of organized labor, but the issues that we need to fight for as everyday Americans are as pertinent as ever.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #787 on: November 13, 2006, 08:29:43 PM »

General campaigning hours:

20 in Ohio
20 in Minnesota
20 in Massachusetts
20 in New York
10 in Rhode Island
5 in Georgia
5 in California
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #788 on: November 16, 2006, 02:02:09 AM »

Gee... had I had any idea that it was gonna take this long to get through Super Tuesday, I never would have dropped out.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #789 on: November 16, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »

I'll have my orders up this weekend if it's alright.  Sorry for the delay, but I've had a really busy couple of weeks.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #790 on: November 18, 2006, 02:40:48 PM »

Alright, I think you've all had long enough.  The final deadline for this stage will be Tuesday at 6pm.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #791 on: November 18, 2006, 03:10:15 PM »

Give me 5 hours of fundraising please. The rest will come sometime, I'm just not really in the mood.

And the rest of it.

Run the following five speeches in every primary state up, except Minnesota and Ohio.

My First Hundred Days

During the Depression, as President Franklin Roosevelt prepared to enter office and face the near impossible task of restoring the America economy, he and his advisers began planning a sweeping slate of reforms to introduce in his first hundred days in office. Well, to take a page out of FDR's book, I'll tell you my plan for my first hundred days in office. First, I'll send a bill to Congress which immediately repeals No Child Left Behind and which provides funding increases for education spending. Next, I'll send Congress a bill reauthorizing the Department of Energy to begin exploring the construction of nuclear power plants in America. Next, I'll set up an independent non-partisan commission to find out how we got into Iraq, who screwed up on the ground and here in America, and what can be done to fix this problem. And finally, I'll send Congress a bill which eliminates the complicated healthcare system in America, and introduces a single system, tax payer funded and free for all citizens to use. That's my agenda for change. If any of that sounds appealing, vote for Jim Wallace on Tuesday and give me a chance to change government to work for you.

The Vast Difference

At the beginning of this primary, there were ten of us running for the Republican nomination for President. We all were different candidates, but most of us overlapped each other on many issues. But now, we're down to two, and the differences couldn't be clearer. I support a federally funded health care system, free for all citizens to use. I support ending the complicated bureaucracy of Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, and the rest, and replacing it with a single system, which has the bonus of lowering administrative costs. My opponent opposes government funded health care, and would cut money from healthcare if elected. I support increasing the money spent on education in this country, while at the same time returning it to the control of local school districts. My opponent wants to remove the federal government from education totally, cutting the public school system off at the knees and transferring the costs of educating our youngsters onto you in the form of increased property taxes. How conservative. My opponent believes these vital programs are just pork to be thrown out the window to please his ideology. Mr. Cereal's problem is not that he's a bad leader, it's that he doesn't believe government can work for the people, so any government he leads simply won't work for the people.

National Progress

In the last few months of the campaign trail people have asked me, "Jim, why are you running for President". I have only one answer. America needs a leader who believes that progress forward is possible. The past eight years have been divisive for our nation. We haven't had the leadership from either side to solve the big issues - healthcare, education, immigration, etc. We need a President who believes in progress, who isn't so focused on putting their ideology into action. And I believe I'm that kind of guy. Too many, including my opponent, believe governing is about putting your personal preferences into action, regardless of whether their the best for our country. Frankly, I'm more concerned about results than how we get there. My goals are healthcare for all Americans, top quality education for all America, and a secure supply of energy for America. I'm prepared to fight for those goals as President, no matter who's side comes up with the plan to do it. That's leadership, and that's what I'm offering.

I'm Your Man

During my trek across America these past few months, you folks have shown me the issues you care about. Not a campaign stop goes by without someone mentioning the healthcare crisis or the problems with public education or the price of gas and heating oil or how they feel government just isn't working for them anymore. And you know what, I always tell them the truth. If you're looking for affordable healthcare, I'm focused on putting a universal healthcare plan into action before my first term is up. If you want affordable healthcare when your family is sick, I'm your man. If you're looking for a new way of confronting education problems, I plan to repeal the bureaucratic restrictions that No Child Left Behind imposes and actually return control of education to local communities. If that sounds good, I'm your man for education reform. If you're worried about energy prices, I plan to begin reconstruction on a new generation of super-safe nuclear power plants, to break our addiction to Middle East oil and lower energy prices here at home. If you want cheaper energy, I'm your man. And if you're just tired of politicians telling you what they think you should care about, I'm listening to what you want. I'm running this campaign because I believe that I'm the one who can deliver for you on these issues as President. If you think 'I'm your man' come out this Tuesday and vote for Jim Wallace for President.

What He Offers

I'll be brief today. I'm deeply concerned about the prospects of the Super Tuesday election. On one side you have Governor Cereal, an extreme libertarian who believes government can't work positively for the people. On the other side you have me, Jim Wallace, someone who believes the government's duty is to work for the people, to accomplish things for you. My disagreements with the Governor are not personal, but rather they arise from his ideology. His political ideology is deeply negative. He rails against taxes, government control, and bureaucracy. In short, he does not promote ideas that help the government work, rather he proposes ideas that stops the government from working. I've always said, if you don't believe the government can work for the people's good, it simply can't and won't. He doesn't believe, I do. That's the only difference between us that matters, and I hope you keep it in mind when you vote on Tuesday.

Maryland

Level One Campaign Organization

Run the below campaign ad at Level 3

The Maverick

>Newspaper headlines blare "The Maverick?"

v/o: What politician would throw his support behind a safe-sex campaign, a ban on legal abortion, privitizing most AMTRAK routes, expanding funding for higher education, and support returning control over education to local school boards?

>Cut to me talking on my Virginia Ranch

Me: I would. I recognize that there are all sorts of problems in America. Some can be answered with conservative solutions, some with liberal solutions, and some with moderate solutions. It doesn't matter which plan we use to fix a problem, or which party came up with it, what matters is getting the job done. I've been fighting to get the job done in Washington for 14 years. Vote for Jim Wallace on Tuesday, and choose a leader who will find a solution that works for YOU.

Rhode Island

Level 3 campaign organization

Run "The Maverick" ad at Level 3

Vermont

Level 3 campaign organization

Run "The Maverick" ad at Level 3

That's it. Thanks Joe.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #792 on: November 21, 2006, 12:31:11 PM »

California
Level 1 Organization
speeches:

Upcycling
Ladies and Gentlemen.  For years humans have polluted the environment.  For the longest time we've done little or nothing about it.  For now we've got a dilema-but there is a way to solve it.  For the longest time I thought that the free market and environmentalism were incompatible-then I learned about upcycling.  Most recycled products turn into a "lesser" product when they are recycled.  Upcycling is a way to change these products and make them even "better" than when they started off.   We can maximize the efficiency of solar panels so that we can store energy-and not have to worry about burning fossil fuels and polluting the air.  Just the other day I've heard of my university, Michigan State is researching a project where they are able to take food waste from cafeterias and use it as energy to for electric power.  There's two Republican candidates left.  one wants a cleaner environment with new ideas an innovation that can help business and nature.  The other hasn't said anything about the current state of the environment.  So, I urge you-vote environmental, vote Cereal.  Thank you.

Gay Marraige
Today I speak of an issue, one that is sometimes an unpopular one for a candidate such as myself to have-not wanting any government involvement in marraige.  The same goes for straight marraiges as it does gay marraiges.  Some seem to think this will "destroy American values" or "cause society to crumble"-I beg of anyone who thinks so to explain why.  (If I weren't running for president) I certainly wouldn't want anyone snooping around to see how my love life should be run. <chuckles from audience>  I certainly feel that there are bigger issues in America that need to be dealt with-how to protect ourselves from terrorists, how to make health care more affordable, how to clean the environment, and make our country more prosperous.  Thank you

The Anti-pork President
I've been called by my opponent, a candidate that would call education spending pork.  I've never heard such a ridiculous claim.  As far as education spending goes, I've worked with congress to redirect spending from previous regulations on education and frivolous standardized testing, and gave tax-breaks to lower income families to spend on education.  Now you may not like that policy, but you really can't call it pork.  I've been a state senator and governor and I know pork.  Pork bills I refuse to vote on, or sign into law-so this claim is obviously false.  Voting for me would be the best thing to reduce pork in spending however.  As I stand against political favors in this campaign.  Thank You.

50 hours campaigning

Vermont
Lv3 Advertisement

Level 3 ad: The Peace President

(veiw of an explosion) and then soldiers running out

voice over:War
George Bush told us that it's not America's problem to intervene in war

(veiw of 2000 debate with Gore)

And now, we have...
(more veiws of the damage done in Iraq)

Cereal:  Hi, my name's Andrew Cereal and I don't believe in war.  Yes, I believe Osama binLaden should be responsible for the 9-11 murders.  But going out of the way to war with Iraq is irresponsible.  I will work with diplomats of other countries to make a non-threatening deals for peace around the world. We have a lot of problems here in America to deal with-and I'll make them my priority as your Peace President.

Minnesota
Lv2 Organization
The Patriot Act
In this day and age, we have to a lot to worry about.  As the times continue, it's unfortunate, but understandable that terrorism is sometimes one of those worries.  But, how far do we go in protecting ourselves from terrorism?  How far have we gone?  Some claim that the Patriot Act was a good measure to protect ourselves from international terrorism, but I have plenty of doubts.  Now, there is nothing in the fourth amendment that says people have a right to privacy.  There is however, protection from unwarranted search and seizure.  This is a right we cannot give up.  Any terrorist activities must be constitutionally done.  Some may say that I'm soft on crime for saying this, but if we don't use our Constitution, then the terrorists have already won in taking our freedom.

Ohio
Level 1 Organization
35 hours campaigning

Hello Ohio, my name's Andrew Cereal.  A lot of people in the government are 'family values' candidates.  But what is 'family values'?  I consider it, more than just a political figure of speech, but a way of life.  Although I certainly am busy being governor and running for president, I've always set aside time to take time to help out my wife and son whenever they need help.  Family values are an important issue, but what do they entail?  For me, it's lower taxes so your family can spend money, not how some government bureaucrat sees fit, but how you see fit.
 It means cleaner environments and conservation so that everyone can enjoy the outdoors.  The push for science and technology that would be endorsed by my administation would lower the cost of energy.  It would take natural energy sources such as wind, water, and solar power to fuel atuomobiles and provide energy to cities.  Parks would be cleaned as a voluntary civil service in exchange for college students to take money off tuition bills.
 It means a schooling system by the parent's choice, so that they can choose which school is best fitted for their child's needs and most affordable.  Schools would then compete so they would keep profits from the parents. This would be raise the standards and the services are more affordable. 
 It means a de-regulated health care system, so that individuals are free to pay for their choice of medical service.  Health insurance would be more affordable if government regulations were not so heavy, as they drive the price up.
 As your next President I will approve of more choices for families to live as they choose.  Thank you.  Vote Family Values, Vote for Andrew Cereal.

Georgia
Level 2 Advertisement
ad: Firearms

voiceover: for years, America has honored it's tradition of firearms
hunters realise the value for their game {shot of hunting}
citizens realise the value for their safety {shot of a criminal breaking into a house, then a gun wielding citizen approaching, then the criminal running away}
Choose the candidate that completely supports the rights of gun owners.
Choose Andrew Cereal.

Rhode Island

Hello, I am here to speak for the children of America, those who have not yet been born.  I feel strongly for the issue of abortion-as it is a sensitive issue.  I am pro-life because I believe that the unborn have the same right to live as each of us do.  We each have enormous potential that we can achieve and each individual is very important to society-in different roles, to different people.  With abortion readily available to those who want it, the unborn do not have that opportunity to enjoy a life with family and friends.  It's over before they're even welcomed into the world.  Abortion may seem like 'no big deal' to some.  It may be thought as 'it's my body' by others.  But, I must leave with the thought... is it just a 'part of the body' when your mother gave birth to you?  Thank you and God Bless.

New York

"Vices are not Crimes" said abolitionist Lysander Spooner back in the 1870s.  Being here in New York City makes me realize how important our social liberties are.  At this point, I've been campaigning mostly on economic issues, but he's a few social issues I'd like to address.  And although one could see these issues as economical, the underlying social value is the one that stands out.  Prostitution is a 'victimless crime'; but why?  The prostitute consents to sex, and the john consents to paying her for her services.  This may not be a 'healthy' thing for either.  But why should we punish this?  It's a simple act that has gone on for centuries.  The act within itself hurts nobody, and therefore I cannot understand why in most other areas of the United States it is illegal.  Another issue is gambling.  It's a horrible habit to have.  Many people have addictions to gambling.  But should this be illegal?  I still say 'no'.  The people who gamble are giving consent to have their money (with good odds) lost for the off-chance they'll win big.  So when you go to the polls, remember the Republican candidate that won't try to micromanage your life, or get into your personal moral judgements.  Vote for Andrew Cereal.
Thank you and God bless.

The better choice.
  We have a choice in these Primaries.  You can vote for a person who would take away choice in education and health care who would promote a government one-size fits all program, or a candidate who understands families have different needs and would allow them to be dealt with on an individual basis.  We've a choice between federalism where New York's needs are different than Kansas's needs and should have a different emphasis on different issues in each state-or we have a choice of nationalizing many programs that not everyone needs, but everyone pays for.  You can vote for the bureaucratic canidate, or you can vote for the better choice-the candidate that respects individualism.

50 hours campaigning

Skipping Connecticut and Maryland
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #793 on: November 21, 2006, 12:46:58 PM »

Could I have a level one campaign organization in Minnesota and a level one ad in Ohio please?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #794 on: November 21, 2006, 06:06:52 PM »

Alright, Super Tuesday is finally over.  I've already made a start on doing the results, but as you can surely imagine, it may take a while.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #795 on: November 21, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »

I apolgize Joe, can I have an extension?  I have been really busy with all of my tests falling at the same time and trying to host a quiz bowl tournament lately.

If I can't I'm probably going to have to drop out since I haven't given any orders.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #796 on: November 21, 2006, 08:00:23 PM »

I apolgize Joe, can I have an extension?  I have been really busy with all of my tests falling at the same time and trying to host a quiz bowl tournament lately.

If I can't I'm probably going to have to drop out since I haven't given any orders.

Why? You probably have enough momentum to actually keep you going.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #797 on: November 21, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »

Why? You probably have enough momentum to actually keep you going.
yeah probably, but c'mon...I've missed way too much

I can definitely post it here tonight if Joe will let me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #798 on: November 21, 2006, 08:10:32 PM »

Harry, you could have told me long before this evening.  Waiting until the deadline has passed before you ask for an extension is generally not the best way to do it.  It just wouldn't be fair on the other players to give you one.

Don't drop out, at least.  As Colin said, you have a commanding momentum lead already.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #799 on: November 21, 2006, 08:12:18 PM »

Harry, Joe started this stage over two weeks ago and extended the deadline, what, three times?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies