Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:28:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"  (Read 3337 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 26, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »

I think this is a totally reasonable response from the Clinton campaign.  They're effectively a primary party to the recount, and while they didn't initiate it, it seems kind of weird for them to no-show to it.  They even started their press release by saying there's no evidence that results were manipulated.  I'm fine with this, and if my last dozen posts of complaining haven't made it clear, I think the recount rationale is about as stupid as anyone does.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

I think this is a totally reasonable response from the Clinton campaign.  They're effectively a primary party to the recount, and while they didn't initiate it, it seems kind of weird for them to no-show to it.  They even started their press release by saying there's no evidence that results were manipulated.  I'm fine with this, and if my last dozen posts of complaining haven't made it clear, I think the recount rationale is about as stupid as anyone does.

It is stupid, but it's fun to watch some of the Republicans on Atlas foam at the mouth over it Tongue

Well, yeah...in the same way it was fun for Republicans to watch Democrats freak over Trump's crap about the election results possibly being dubious.  It's basically 100% the same thing.  Kind of hard to enjoy it when it's crazy and often hypocritical Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 03:54:45 AM »

A straight white male wins the Presidency, and the left goes bonkers.

Here's the old video.

Link

Hillary Clinton, now a private citizen after conceding the election to Donald Trump, wants in on the recount effort Green Party nominee Jill Stein launched Friday, even though she previously called such a notion “horrifying.”

This is disingenuous.  Clinton's press release very clearly said that the campaign doesn't think there is compelling evidence that the voting was at all compromised, and that they were just participating because the recount occurred and they're a primary party to it.  Clinton called it "horrifying" to question the legitimacy of our democratic process, and the Clinton campaign is NOT doing that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »

In what sense would going whole-hog on this recount be seen as "playing hardball" in a way that's endearing to swing voters?  Delegitimizing and blocking the President's agenda on something like Obamacare, sure, I get that tactically.  That helps to poison public perception of Obama's policies and try to move the starting point of compromise -- I get why that's effective hardball.  How is aggressively challenging the election results effective hardball, though?  It's hardball, sure, but what does it do

I just don't get what strategy y'all are seeing here, beyond it being a primal scream that Democrats probably want to let out right now.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »

I don't see anyone here shouting "Crooked Donny rigged it! Hillary is the righteous winner in Wisconsin! If the recount doesn't show her ahead, it was HACKED!"

Um....you don't? Where exactly do you live, in a "van down by the river" (thanks Chris Farley)? And....BULLsh**t DETECTED!!!

"Warning, warning, take cover....this is not a drill" LOL

eh?  I've been arguing in virtually all of the recount threads, and I don't think I've seen anyone (not counting Bandit, who's...a special case) make that argument.

also you're being a little too amused by yourself fyi
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies