Coal company lays off workers after Obama wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:32:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Coal company lays off workers after Obama wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Coal company lays off workers after Obama wins  (Read 4016 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 10, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »

That "prayer" about made me spit out my coffee. The "prayer" Murray acted out is vile and disgusting. He should read Luke 6:24: "But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation." Hmm. Funny these ruthless and religious CEOs and TV preacher blowhards conveniently forget little zingers like that.

Realistically, though, coal sooner or later becomes a thing of the past. There is only so much of it there and it is about the dirtiest / polluting form of energy out there.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »

What the hell? You leftist *()*& are ing ecstatic about the coal industry dying, yet simultaneously demonize the evil CEO for his evil corporate layoffs? Are you *&(&( to ((*&*&& stupid to understand that the coal industry collapsing means it employees get fired?

No, it's that the first people to take a low blow are always the workers / poor. Always. The CEOs conduct themselves like monarchs of ages ago. And I really can't believe that as soon as an election goes down the world ends for these people and it's time lay people off. That's just being ruthless and cut-throat. This Murray is a total piece of trash and hopefully his employees will find employment from someone much more resembling a human being evolved beyond the 15th century.

I meant that coal overall needs to get realistic about its future. There's just no way around that.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »

What the hell? You leftist *()*& are ing ecstatic about the coal industry dying, yet simultaneously demonize the evil CEO for his evil corporate layoffs? Are you *&(&( to ((*&*&& stupid to understand that the coal industry collapsing means it employees get fired?

No, it's that the first people to take a low blow are always the workers / poor. Always. The CEOs conduct themselves like monarchs of ages ago. And I really can't believe that as soon as an election goes down the world ends for these people and it's time lay people off. That's just being ruthless and cut-throat. This Murray is a total piece of trash and hopefully his employees will find employment from someone much more resembling a human being evolved beyond the 15th century.

I meant that coal overall needs to get realistic about its future. There's just no way around that.

So this "evil CEO" has received news that the fellow who is likely to regulate the hell out of him, impose huge additional operating expenses on him, and jack up his taxes (if he could run it past congress, that is) has just won the election. One particular feature of his business that will attract additional costs is full time workers due to how the PPCA works. The hell do you expect him to do?

Huh what? Aside from a lot of that being made up, you're saying that based upon far right wing paranoia about economic doomsday that the dude is justified the day after an election in going around firing a percentage of his work force? Don't even wait, just start firing them right now? No. Have you ever heard of Fascism? Murray is making a political example out of some of his workers for his own gain. That's as thoroughly off-putting as it gets. He was going to do this all along, he was just waiting for an excuse to make someone other than him look like the bad guy. And no one's buying it. If this sort of thing keeps up, there will be the rise of a national worker's party, and if Murray thinks he has it bad the day after an election, wait till that happens.

Further, American taxes were the highest in modern history under FDR and Eisenhower, and we had nothing but economic boom. Clinton raised taxes a bit in the middle 1990s, and what did we have? Boom. Regs and higher taxes provide STABILITY. That's important. Now contrast that to what Bush did: cut, cut, cut. What happened? Collapse. Cutting taxes doesn't ensure anything other than the rich get to buy more mansions.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sheer, unadulterated nonsense. I suppose in your world the 80s never happened?

Also, FDR jacked up the taxes in 1933. It wasn't until 22 years later that the stock market would finally recover, and it would still be behind when taking inflation into account over that period.

If it takes 22 years, chances are, it ain't the tax increase that caused prosperity.

Of course the 1980s happened. Teflon Ron chopped taxes lower than they had ever been, blew up the military budget, and the economy collapsed of course, and he raised them to fix it.

Tax increases do not cause decline as is commonly argued, that was my point. And the stock market is a little bit of a different story, especially then. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies