Rep. John Lewis "I do not consider the president-elect to be legitimate" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:05:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. John Lewis "I do not consider the president-elect to be legitimate" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis "I do not consider the president-elect to be legitimate"  (Read 3807 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: January 13, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

Oh noes! 1 Democrat is doing to Trump what hundreds of prominent Republicans did to Obama! How dare those liberalz!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:52:01 PM »

Trump is many things (an idiot, a moron, and grossly incompetent) and probably will be forced to resign or lose the 2020 elections. Or simply not run again.

But he is the legitimate President of the United States. Really wish the Left would stop this "delegitimization" campaign. How well did it work out against W? All it did for W's voters was to make them think they were fighting the Left, not sustaining a President who most people agreed wasn't that great in hindsight. (Not that I agree; I liked W.)

Lewis should focus on positing Trump as a terrible President, not questioning the legitimacy of the victory. The victory was clear and Trump played by the rules and won.

Although it had many bumps, it eventually worked pretty well for Republicans to do it to Obama...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies