What Happens if You Give Teens Free Birth Control? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:44:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What Happens if You Give Teens Free Birth Control? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Happens if You Give Teens Free Birth Control?  (Read 2161 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 04, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »

Exactly.  That's the Republican mentality.  It reminds me of Kohlberg's theory of Moral development.  Republicans are stuck in the adolescent stage of moral development (stage 4).

What should we say then about liberals who believe people should be financially punished for making money?

It says a lot about conservatives' attitudes toward government that they think paying taxes is a form of punishment.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 11:23:14 AM »

Exactly.  That's the Republican mentality.  It reminds me of Kohlberg's theory of Moral development.  Republicans are stuck in the adolescent stage of moral development (stage 4).

What should we say then about liberals who believe people should be financially punished for making money?

It says a lot about conservatives' attitudes toward government that they think paying taxes is a form of punishment.
For the vast, vast majority of human history involving government, that has been the case. If you want to argue it no longer is that's fine but don't pretend like it's outrageous to believe that taxation is generally a negative force.

Yeah, it's such a shame that someone making $800,000 a year is only making around $400,000 after taxes. I can't imagine how they survive after such a punishment! Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies