your politics aside...answer honestly, will obama's campaign survive.. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:16:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  your politics aside...answer honestly, will obama's campaign survive.. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: your politics aside...answer honestly, will obama's campaign survive..  (Read 7597 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: March 15, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »

Is there any need for the BRTD-type posts, walter?  Smiley

Wait and see, wait and see.  It isn't helping, of course.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 12:10:38 PM »

What interests me is why people are starting to make a ruckus about this right now. It's not as if Obama's association with Wright was some big dark secret that has only just surfaced - and people who were in the know, ie. politics buffs and journalists and the like, were well aware that this guy's a bit of a loose cannon, and could prove to be Obama's biggest achilles heel. So why now? All of a sudden? The timing's a little odd.

What I don't understand is why this stuff didn't come out in 2004.

Well, even if it was played strongly in the 2004 GE contest, he would have won by only, say 30 points against Keyes, instead of 40.  The primary win, I suspect, would have been given to him by Cook County, regardless of the situation.  But maybe I'm wrong.

As to MichaelZ's original comment - one of the American media's favorite pastimes is building someone up so they can tear them down.  Because of the lengths the media has gone to in building his image up so much, the tear down will probably be especially ugly, mainly if there's more this crap around.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:20:36 PM »

It should be obvious at this point that the Wright Affair is not going away.  Damaging, though I still don't think it is fatal.

What do you mean by "Not fatal"?

What do you think it means?

I disagree in one way.  His speech better be good tomorrow. 

If he hemorrages for another week like he's hemorraged the past week, it'll be very hard for him to come back, delegate lead or not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies