DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:43:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271587 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:36 PM »

I wanted to admire how she served for 14 years in the Air Force aaaaannnnndddd turns out she was one of the biggest QAnon preachers on Twitter lmao

I keep telling people. Being in the military is literally just a job. Especially for people like her who were probably unemployable in any other profession. It's not inherently honorable. In fact, lots of people in the military are complete scum. The opposite is true, of course, but unconditional worship is not earned or deserved.

True, being in the military certainly does not automatically make you a hero by any means. Two infamous snipers who shot people in Texas in the 60s, Charles Whitman and Lee Harvey Oswald, were both veterans. You can get THAT highly specific and still find bad people who were in the military.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2021, 11:45:17 PM »

Fallon has been infinitely more Presidential than our "President".

It really just does not get any more sad than that.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2021, 11:49:30 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2021, 12:15:40 AM »

Josh Hawley gonna burn in hell for this.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2021, 12:17:09 AM »

So Perdue is not there today? I just realized he didn’t vote on the AZ objection. Is he off crying somewhere? He’s actually making Barbie look a lot better now.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2021, 12:18:10 AM »

So Perdue is not there today? I just realized he didn’t vote on the AZ objection. Is he off crying somewhere? He’s actually making Barbie look a lot better now.
his term expired, lol

Oh. So then why didn’t they just swear Warnock in yet?

Would have been a HELL of a first day!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2021, 12:19:21 AM »

his term expired, lol

Oh. So then why didn’t they just swear Warnock in yet?
The election down there hasn't been certified yet.

Ah, OK. So Warnock will be sworn in as soon as it’s certified? I was looking for info on exactly when they were supposed to be sworn in.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2021, 12:20:31 AM »

Does Hawley realize that he is never going to be president. He got to know that right?

No, he really really thinks it's gonna happen even though he's unlikable, out of touch, and literally looks like a neanderthal.

To be fair, all of those things also describe Trump and he had yokels ready to throw their lives away for him today.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:35 AM »

I have VERY quickly gone from liking the House more than the Senate to the other way around.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2021, 12:38:55 AM »

I guess we have officially NOT had a peaceful transition of power given that someone literally died in the Capitol today.

Breaks a 200+ year streak of bloodless presidential elections, not counting the Civil War (even then the elections themselves went smoother).

Trump is a narcissist who above all else wants to be remembered. Well, he will be remembered for generations as the hands down worst president of all-time.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2021, 12:42:56 AM »

I have VERY quickly gone from liking the House more than the Senate to the other way around.

Senate members have the vast majority of time always been less extreme than house members given they represent entire states rather than gerrymandered districts .

It’s not even just because of that, it’s mostly just that they’re going a lot faster LOL.

Also us winning it really helps!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2021, 12:44:03 AM »

Wait... was one of the MAGAs smoking a blunt???
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2021, 12:48:28 AM »

I will give the old bastard Mitch a tiny bit of credit: On what was likely one of the most disappointing days of his life from the start (learning he would be in the minority), he stood firm and delivered, actually saying what he should say and actually seeming like a “leader” of sorts. if that’s his last ever significant act as Majority Leader, at least he went out on a dignified note when it could easily have been so much worse.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2021, 01:00:43 AM »

This has got to be the most embarrassing day for the Republican Party in its 166-year existence.

Compromise of 1877

This is worse. At least then you could blame Democrats for wanting to make that deal in the first place. This time it’s all on the GOP.

I will give the old bastard Mitch a tiny bit of credit: On what was likely one of the most disappointing days of his life from the start (learning he would be in the minority), he stood firm and delivered, actually saying what he should say and actually seeming like a “leader” of sorts. if that’s his last ever significant act as Majority Leader, at least he went out on a dignified note when it could easily have been so much worse.

He doesn't deserve your respect. This one small token makes up for all his obstruction of the past, including his shameless displays when Obama was President? I think not. I'm glad Mitch did what he did but it's far too little too late.

We don’t disagree, friend. I don’t respect him, don’t think it makes up for anything. But I’m still glad to see it. Kinda reminds me of the end of Breaking Bad: No, Walt still hasn’t really redeemed himself, but you’re glad he at least does what he does anyway. Especially compared to what he could have done instead.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2021, 01:10:26 AM »

When Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham, AND Mitch McConnell all agree on something with the Democrats, you KNOW the facts are just totally incontrovertible. Literally no reason to still “object” but to be an asshole.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2021, 01:12:23 AM »

The title of the thread says 4 dead- who are the other 3?

Morbidly obese Trumpers who had medical issues from what I've heard.

Like heart attacks or something?
As far as I can suss out: one fell off the capitol steps, one got flashbanged and had a heart attack, and one accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack.

Putting 'Florida Man ... ' in front of all these fits perfectly, fyi.

It’s still a little weird to hear “Donald J. Trump of Florida” but ultimately it’s VERY fitting.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2021, 01:18:06 AM »

The Good = Joe Biden

The Bad = Josh Hawley

The Ugly = Donald Trump
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2021, 01:23:12 AM »

Took a nap; had a dream where everyone in Trump’s cabinet resigned and Pence invoked the 25th amendment. They found Trump in the Oval Office dead via suicide.

Go on...

Was it a Walther PPK? Did his last will and testament laud himself for ridding Europe of the Jews?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2021, 01:28:45 AM »

Steve Cohen (D-TN) just outright called Trump a “narcissistic sociopath” who has “no redeeming values” and it’s a “disgrace for America” that he even exists in our borders, says he should be removed immediately.

Between this and Toomey calling him a lying demagogue, seems like Congress is just taking the gloves off, saying everything they’ve wanted to for 4 years. It’s cathartic, I gotta say.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2021, 01:45:12 AM »

Will Trump even be allowed in the ex-presidents club?

VERY hard to imagine Carter, Clinton, Bush, or Obama welcoming him. They ALL have very good reason to personally despise him.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2021, 01:47:18 AM »

No! Stop! Come back! That man may have won us Georgia!!!!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2021, 01:48:28 AM »

Steve Cohen (D-TN) just outright called Trump a “narcissistic sociopath” who has “no redeeming values” and it’s a “disgrace for America” that he even exists in our borders, says he should be removed immediately.

Between this and Toomey calling him a lying demagogue, seems like Congress is just taking the gloves off, saying everything they’ve wanted to for 4 years. It’s cathartic, I gotta say.

Cohen has never kept his gloves on lol. He told Blackburn to jump off a bridge 2 years ago.

Hmm, I have begrudgingly gained some respect for Tennessee based on him alone.

Regardless, it's not just him. The Republican Congress in general (especially the Senate) seems to be backing away from Trump.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2021, 01:50:12 AM »

2021 is STILL a lot better than 2020 by the way. Fascism failed and will continue to fail. Democracy won in Georgia. This will be the "high water mark of Trumpism" just as Pickett's Charge is considered the "high water mark of the Confederacy," mark my words. It's the beginning of the end.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2021, 01:52:05 AM »

I'm sorry to Kamala for ever making fun of her calling on Twitter to ban Trump.

Turns out that was an extremely important issue she was absolutely right on after all.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:25 AM »

Oh BTW, while Trump turned the US Capitol into Dave and Buster's, the covid pandemic killed almost 4,000 people today.  I'm sure Trump is horrified that he can't offer his condolences due to his twitter ban.

Plus losing the Senate and all. Nice going Trump supporters/voters. Great going. No really. Fantastic end to your guy's tenure. Did you losers get the "winning" you wanted? Because it seems to me you are more miserable than ever

Seeing all the blue and green and even yellow avatars turn red today damn near brings tears to my eyes. It's about damn time everyone who opposes these fascists unites!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies