Election 2020: The Game! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election 2020: The Game! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election 2020: The Game!  (Read 80877 times)
New_Conservative
United States

« on: July 21, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2016, 10:53:39 PM by Branden Cordeiro »

@NBC_News
You must be logged in to read this quote.

(I'll be Paul Ryan, and I'll make my announcement sometime later tonight.)
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:43:37 AM »

Campaign Announcement: Janesville, Wisconsin – Janesville Assembly Plant
You must be logged in to read this quote.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2016, 10:28:19 PM by Branden Cordeiro »

Paul Ryan: Week of Sept. 14, 2019-Sept. 20, 2019

September 14th, 2019
Paul Ryan announced his candidacy for President at 11:30 AM CT in Janesville, Wisconsin at the former GM Assembly Plant. Later in the afternoon, he attended a fundraiser in Milwaukee, Wisconsin hosted by Businesswoman Diane Hendricks.

September 15th, 2019
The campaign began to organize his campaign staffers, announcing his campaign headquarters to be held in Janesville, Wisconsin. It is evident that Ryan will target the upper Midwest in the primaries, and the general election. The campaign also announced the opening of 6 field offices in Iowa and New Hampshire; including in the towns of Dubuque, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Sioux City, Portsmouth (NH), Manchester (NH) and Concord (NH). He attended a fundraiser in Washington, DC later that night.

September 16th, 2019
Ryan makes first campaign appearance at an event at the Davenport West High School in Davenport, Iowa. He promotes an inclusive message of economic reform for those struggling under the Clinton economy. 57% of students at Davenport West are eligible for free or reduced lunch programs. Ryan's speech touched an anti-poverty agenda that Republicans have been struggling to profess during the past couple of election cycles.

September 17th, 2019
Barnstorming in North Liberty, Iowa
Tour of the University of Iowa Center for Research, met with students of Univ. of Iowa Medical School.
Met with organizers of economic policy speech at the Carver Hawkeye Arena on September 18th.

September 18th, 2019
Economic Policy Speech - Carver Hawkeye Arena at the University of Iowa

Thank you for joining me in outlining my proposal to lift people out of poverty. The University of Iowa has provided the people of Iowa with a first-class education, giving Iowa the tools to get to work. The University of Iowa, and our other great institutions across the country provide people with the tools to succeed, now the federal government must get out of the way and allow those people to prosper. In a time where millions of Americans are buried under student loan debt, which this administration promised to relieve through a government bailout, it is time to get America back to work. Today, I will announce my path to prosperity, outlining my proposals to lift American wages, get corporations and small businesses hiring again, lower American unemployment, and to lift those in poverty into a new era of success.

It is time to lift people up, not bring them down through common sense conservatism. People are tired of left-wing economics, leaving them stuck in an endless cycle of low wages, and low growth. During the years of Ronald Reagan, America was prospering. When Reagan took office, taxes and unemployment were sky high, the nation was divided and angry. Sound familiar? That is what we have had to deal with under the Democrat's legacy of failure. Like Reagan, my campaign will promote a message of cutting taxes, controlling spending and getting government out of the lives of the American people. The government's role should be to keep its citizens safe, leaving the rest up to the hard work of the American spirit.

Today, I will release my tax proposal to reform our backwards tax code in the United States. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the western world, stifling growth and allowing jobs to leave to go overseas. Our struggling towns across the country; whether its Scranton, Pennsylvania or Flint Michigan, and everywhere in between; have seen the effects of this reality. We must make the American economy move into the 21st century. In order to strengthen the American wallet, it will be important to reduce our tax brackets into 3 categories.  This will simplify our tax code for the American taxpayer. The top tax rate will be 25%, down from the current rate of 43.6% enacted by President Clinton. The rich Washington elite labels who is "wealthy" by their elitist definitions, leaving a heavy burden to our middle class. Our campaign will release a very detailed proposal after this speech detailing the specifics our pro-growth tax brackets of 10%, 15% and 25%. I'm proud to be the candidate of the American worker, family and business.

When discussing the corporate tax rate, our new rate of 20% would make us a leader on the world stage. Pro-business policies will allow the American workforce to capitalize on prospering world economy. It will allow us to give opportunity to those who have been left out in the Clinton and Obama economies, including our inner-city communities. We must create an economy that works for all, through the free market. This includes an increased use of oil, natural gas, solar, and other programs that will help power America. We must not pick winners and losers through our political leanings, but it is important for the American people to decide the future of American energy. Our oil drillers and coal miners represent the backbone of our blue-collar economy, and it is important we give people to capitalize on the opportunity to make America energy independent by the end of my administration.

When lowering tax rates, it is vital that we must not balloon our deficit. A more competent, smaller, less bloated federal budget and operation is important to the success of our economy. The American people know how to spend their hard earned money better than the federal government. There are a number of areas we must address to keep government small, and to ensure the fiscal responsibility of our nation. Pension spending by our local and federal government is out of control, leaving the American taxpayer on the books for insolvent programs that must be reformed. They won't be reformed by those in power in Washington, as they benefit at the hands of all of us. Government spending is out of control, particularly in our entitlement programs, which must be addressed responsibly.

Most importantly in my economic plan, it is important for Republicans to address the growing poverty our country has faced as a result of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's policies. We must explore updating our anti-poverty programs. We must increase the Earned Income Tax Credit, which fights poverty while rewarding work. We will expand eligibility in order to include those in the working poor, along with families. We will give states the option of enacting a block grant, otherwise known as our Opportunity Grant. It will allow states to allocate federal funds into individually focused programs to help those in need. The American education system has remained second rate since the 70s, despite our funding being the highest ever. We must better allocate those funds to local municipalities. It is also important to address mass incarnation, which is a impediment for economic progress in all communities. Federal judges will have more discretion sentencing non-violent offenders, and rehabilitation will be made easier for inmates. That is a smart allocation of our resources, which everyone can agree on, whether you're a Republican, Democrat or anything in between. We will remove the reality of regressive regulations, easing licensing regulations, and leading all new regulations to stricter review as a result of their impact on low-income families.

I have outlined a very detailed vision for America. It is time to unite around a message of economic growth, and I will be the economic growth candidate. Thank you and God Bless America.

September 19th, 2019
12:00 PM ET: Paul Ryan introduces tax proposal.
Single filers:
--- $0-$40,000/year : 10%
--- $40,001-89,999/year: 15%
---$90,000/year and above: 25%
Married filers:
--$0-65,000: 10%
-- $65,001-$150,000 year: 15%
--- $150,001 a year and above: 25%
Head of Household:
--- $0-$47,999/year: 10%
--- $48,000-$115,00 year: 15%
---$115,001 a year and above: 25%

Corporate tax rate: 20%

1:45 PM ET: Meet with voters at Riley's Cafe in Cedar Rapids.
4:00 PM ET: Meet with voters at Lighthouse Inn in Cedar Rapids
7:00 PM ET: Address the Iowa Farm Business Association in Ames, Iowa.

September 20, 2019
1:00 PM ET: Speech to the Manchester, NH Chamber of Commerce
4:00 PM ET: Town Hall at South Range Elementary School in Derry, NH
7:00 PM ET: School Choice Policy Speech at The Founders Academy in Manchester, NH
9:30 PM ET: Phone interview with The Concord Monitor
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

I posted a schedule because I assumed that if I'd announce on the 14th I could campaign for that week. My bad.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 01:11:31 AM »

Paul Ryan for President: Week of 9/21-9/28

September 21st, 2019
-Barnstorming in Eagan, MN
1:30 PM CT- Meets with workers of the UPS Distribution Center in Eagan, Minnesota.
3:00 PM CT- Meets with faculty of Eastview High School in Eagan, Minnesota
-Meet with voters in Burnsville, MN
5:00 PM CT- Meet voters at Burnsville Center Shopping Center in Burnsville, Minnesota.
7:00 PM CT- Dinner with voters at Twin City Grill in Bloomington, Minnesota.
9:15 PM CT- Speech to the Minnesota Taxpayers League in St. Paul, Minnesota

September 22nd, 2019
-Barnstorming in Cedar Falls, IA
-Visits The Phelps Youth Pavilion in Waterloo, IA and disccusses the importance of families to the American economy.
-Meet with University of Northern Iowa students at the Sidecar Coffee Shop at the University of Northern Iowa.
-Tours the University of Northern Iowa Industrial Technology Center
-Organize volunteers, and door knock in Cedar Falls, IA.

September 23rd, 2019
-Canvass neighborhoods with volunteers in Independence, IA.
-Barnstorming in Rowley, IA.
-Meet with voters at Immaculate Conception Church in Fairbank, IA.
-Touts economic policy in speech to the Greater Cedar Valley Alliance and Chamber in Cedar Falls, IA.

September 24th, 2019
-Call bank at Des Moines, IA campaign office.
-Speech on law and order at Woodbury County Courthouse in Sioux City, IA.
-Door knock in Sioux City, IA.
-Meet with workers of Tyson Fresh Meats in Sioux City, IA.
-Meet with workers of the Port Neal Landing Industrial Park in Sergeant Bluff, IA.
-Dinner with voters at Pizza Ranch in Sergeant Bluff, IA.

September 25th, 2019
-Travel to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
-Phone bank at Concord, New Hampshire campaign office
-Door knocking in Concord, New Hampshire
-Rest and debate prep.

September 26th, 2019
-Town Hall in Chester, New Hampshire.
-Town Hall in Exeter, New Hampshire.
-Phone bank at Portsmouth, New Hampshire campaign office.

September 27th, 2019
-Town Hall at Middlesex Community College in Lowell, Massachusetts.
- Rally with supporters at Londonderry, New Hampshire.
- Door knocking in Merrimack, New Hampshire
- Meeting with New Hampshire Union Leader editorial board.
- Interview with WMUR-9 news (Manchester, NH media market).

September 28th, 2019
- Breakfast with voters in Loudon, New Hampshire.
- Meet with voters at Loudon Elementary School in Loudon, NH.
- Town Hall in Franklin, NH.
- Dinner with voters at The Everyday Cafe in Hopkinton, NH.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies