Update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:37:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Update  (Read 58144 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 25, 2009, 12:59:27 AM »

Marconi plays the mamba
Listen to the radio
Don't you remember...
We built this city
We built this city on Rock and Roll
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: July 25, 2009, 01:10:58 AM »

We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #302 on: July 25, 2009, 01:12:05 AM »

So is you is or is you ain't my baby...
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2009, 01:13:53 AM »

One, two, three and to the fo'
Snoop Doggy Dogg and Dr. Dre is at the do'
Ready to make an entrance, so back on up
('Cause you know about to rip shit up)
Gimme the microphone first, so I can bust like a bubble
Compton and Long Beach together, now you know you in trouble
Ain't nuthin' but a "G" thang, baaaaabay!
Two loc'ed out niggas so we're craaaaazay!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #304 on: July 25, 2009, 01:26:28 AM »

Shoosh girl. Shut your lips. Do the Helen Keller and talk with you hips.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #305 on: July 25, 2009, 01:59:52 AM »

one, two, three four five
everybody's in the car so c'mon let's ride
to the liquor store around the corner
the boys say they want some gin and juice
but I really don't wanna
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #306 on: July 25, 2009, 02:25:45 AM »

Please keep this in mind in the future

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Take your time.  You're young, but you don't have to be impetuous.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #307 on: July 25, 2009, 03:10:08 AM »

Well everyone, what did we all learn from this topic?

BushOklahoma, I hope you learned that unprotected sex does not necessarily mean she is pregnant.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #308 on: July 25, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »

BushOklahoma, I hope you learned that unprotected sex does not necessarily mean she is pregnant.

I just hope he's not left with a different long lasting legacy from it.  Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #309 on: July 25, 2009, 08:32:25 AM »

I just hope he's not left with a different long lasting legacy from it.  Roll Eyes

I doubt I will be.  For one, no one in my family knows about it save two cousins and an aunt who will never blabber it.  Plus, my church family doesn't even know save a couple individuals who, again, will not blabber it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:53 AM »

I doubt I will be.  For one, no one in my family knows about it save two cousins and an aunt who will never blabber it.  Plus, my church family doesn't even know save a couple individuals who, again, will not blabber it.

Uh, my friend, I mean unprotected sex can leave you with other things that may last a while.....clearer???   Dont do that sh**t.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2009, 08:45:01 AM »

Uh, my friend, I mean unprotected sex can leave you with other things that may last a while.....clearer???   Dont do that sh**t.

Especially with Tiffanye. Surplus letters generally lead to Herpes.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »

Pull the string..... Pull the string!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2009, 09:19:02 AM »

bushie, i hope you didnt go tell your parents and church brothers about your sexual experiences!
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »

How can you absolve yourself of sin if you don't confess it? I'm guessing you're not a Catholic so there'd be no 'formal' need to confess, but it's still something that may hang heavy on you over time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »

I will have my ring back within the next 90 minutes.  My best friend is on her way right now to collect them and will bring them by my apartment on her way home.  It is 11:30 now, and I should have the ring in hand by 1:00.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »

How can you absolve yourself of sin if you don't confess it? I'm guessing you're not a Catholic so there'd be no 'formal' need to confess, but it's still something that may hang heavy on you over time.

Protestants dispense with the priest and just pray directly to God, asking for forgiveness.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:50 AM »

Protestants dispense with the priest and just pray directly to God, asking for forgiveness.

Precisely.  We don't have to go through a confessional.  We can communicate directly with God and he communicates directly with us through the Bible and through other human beings.  I've already confessed the sin so I know I'm forgiven.  The Bible says he removes my sin as far as the east is from the west and He does not remember it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »

I will have my ring back within the next 90 minutes.  My best friend is on her way right now to collect them and will bring them by my apartment on her way home.  It is 11:30 now, and I should have the ring in hand by 1:00.

Good man!

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #319 on: July 25, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »

Whoa whoa whoa...

Confession is always necessary.  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Now I agree -- it is not essential that a clergyperson absolve you.  But Catholics who know both their Bible and their Catechism know that the Priest is NOT the one forgiving anything.  The church officially teaches that God, in Christ, forgives sin.  The Priest is announcing that forgiveness has occurred and is pronouncing absolution to the penitent and to the company of saints.

As someone who embraces both Protestant and Catholic impulses here, I understand both views.  But I don't see them as mutually exclusive.  I don't need a priest to be forgiven.  But involving a priest can often add an element of solemnity and accountability to the matter.  (Presuming, of course, the priest is good at his or her job and not merely "phoning it in".)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #320 on: July 25, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »

Can someone briefly summarize everything that's happened recently - I kinda stopped reading back when BushOK said he was getting engaged.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #321 on: July 25, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2009, 12:04:20 PM by ilikeverin »

Whoa whoa whoa...

Confession is always necessary.  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Now I agree -- it is not essential that a clergyperson absolve you.  But Catholics who know both their Bible and their Catechism know that the Priest is NOT the one forgiving anything.  The church officially teaches that God, in Christ, forgives sin.  The Priest is announcing that forgiveness has occurred and is pronouncing absolution to the penitent and to the company of saints.

As someone who embraces both Protestant and Catholic impulses here, I understand both views.  But I don't see them as mutually exclusive.  I don't need a priest to be forgiven.  But involving a priest can often add an element of solemnity and accountability to the matter.  (Presuming, of course, the priest is good at his or her job and not merely "phoning it in".)

Sheesh, did I change my avatar to "Wacky Fundamentalist-MN" when I wasn't looking?  I never said there was anything wrong with using a priest; I was just explaining the difference in practices, i.e. that Protestants won't see a priest as a necessity Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #322 on: July 25, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

BushOK-  I'm glad you put your foot down and showed assertiveness.  As much as I've had some fun on this thread, I still think you came out way better from this.  This woman sounded like she has some issues which quite frankly don't make her relationship worthy.  You kinda let her phuck with your head for a bit and I'll admit it was painful to read for me.  I don't mean to sound sexist, but women are way better at picking up on things and communication issues than men are.  This also means they can use their gifts and be power trips or use things against us.  That's why myself and a few guys had to say some harsh truths on here.  We all need a 3rd party to tell us when we're in trouble.  Men especially.  We get so enamored at times, myself included, that were lose our sensibilities.  Unfortunately up until about one's early 30s, women seem to have the upper hand and can summarily dismiss men for even the slightest flaws and can get away with it because they look good and have a line out the door of guys who want to sleep with them until they find the one that meets their 100 point checklist.  Sometimes women still carry that checklist well until their 40s and realize they have 10 cats and no man.  Some smarten up and shed a few things.       
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #323 on: July 25, 2009, 01:04:02 PM »

Thanks for the clarification regarding confession, guys Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #324 on: July 25, 2009, 01:05:06 PM »

Well I'm actually glad she lied, because without it you would never have understood where this relationship was headed. However I understand that you have been hurt, and i'm you'll get over it, pull yourself up and meet the right one Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies