The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:00:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Offices of the Internal Affairs Department  (Read 5841 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 23, 2010, 06:20:12 PM »

The Department of Internal Affairs will commit to the following course of action:

Unemployment MUST drop below 5%. I urge the Senate to act in any possible way to achieve this. The Internal Affairs Department recommends additional public works projects to stimulate the growth of such jobs, hopefully to compete with the private sector and stimulate competition. The lack of economic growth factors are deeply troubling...

I wrote up a bill the other day, but its just too ugly to my liking. I will keep working on it though and see if I can't come up with something. My goal is to invest in "productive" projects so we can get something of permenence out of it in terms of jobs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:13:22 PM »

What would you consider the optimum size for a stimulus package in your opinion? The one I have constructed now has $100 billion in Unemployement and Food stamps and $63 billion in Infrastructure. I will post the current version if you want to see if but it isn't finalized so a review would have to be re done later.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »

Can we get a status report on the Unemployment rate within each region, please?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I will ask the Secretary keep in mind this is at best a rough outline and not a finished ready to go bill. I am open to adjusting amounts. I am not glued to any particular method of allocating the funds, as demonstrated by a combination of Senate and SoIA directed funds. If the SoIA thinks thinks other sections or all of them should be at his discretion, I am fine with that, though I do think the Senate should have some appropriating authority. The choices of regions and amounts in the sections that are Senate directed clauses is based on my knowledge of the investments and where they will be most effective (hence bulk of wind to the Midwest for the Wind Corridor etc) or which regions are in the most need of help. At the time I was under the impression that the Mideast had the worst economic condition followed by the Southeast.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

This is the tax section of the bill, which I would like to be reviewed separately. Once again my goal here is to provide the most economic benefit only with an eye towards stimulating domestic investment and consumption. The goal is to promote private sector growth and expansion of the economy. I understand that some of these provisions might be unpopular with the current administration and I will willing to remove Section one if required,. But I think we should provide some stimulative efforts aimed at the unemployed, and at small business to encourage expansion and job creation to reduce unemployment. We must be realistic in that the gov't can't possible drive economic growth alone, that investors and entrepreneurs have a role, which they must play in driving an economic recovery.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »

This is the tax section of the bill, which I would like to be reviewed separately. Once again my goal here is to provide the most economic benefit only with an eye towards stimulating domestic investment and consumption. The goal is to promote private sector growth and expansion of the economy. I understand that some of these provisions might be unpopular with the current administration and I will willing to remove Section one if required,. But I think we should provide some stimulative efforts aimed at the unemployed, and at small business to encourage expansion and job creation to reduce unemployment. We must be realistic in that the gov't can't possible drive economic growth alone, that investors and entrepreneurs have a role, which they must play in driving an economic recovery.

As for section one and section three, how about raising the minimum to $1.5 million? Would that be satisfactory?

I don't have a problem with it.

As for the Federal Stimulus Act, I have no problem with any of your figures, at least as it looks now. I have no problem dividing responsibility between this office and the Atlasian Senate.

What'd I'd like regional Governors though to do in order to help this office out, is to formally apply to this office what they need the most funds for and what they have no priority with. It would really help both me and Senator NC Yankee.

Help us help you. Just apply the paperwork right here. Greatest need, least concerns, estimated monetary need.

Yes, it would be a big help if the Governors could provide input.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »

The reason I focused on energy and water in my proposals is that those are the things which are most essentiall and which the most concerns exist about their usage. Plus improvements in local water infrastructure will help improve the quality of and thus increase the use of home water instead of the purchase of bottled water. Marokai gave substantial sums to regular infrastructure (roads, highways, etc) last year. Thus I decided to focus some significant sums at energy production and water infrastructure. I would point out that these items received small amounts comparatively, especially if larger edcuation and infrastructure sections are included. Just thought I would explain my motivations in the outline. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:56:39 PM »

The reason I focused on energy and water in my proposals is that those are the things which are most essentiall and which the most concerns exist about their usage. Plus improvements in local water infrastructure will help improve the quality of and thus increase the use of home water instead of the purchase of bottled water. Marokai gave substantial sums to regular infrastructure (roads, highways, etc) last year. Thus I decided to focus some significant sums at energy production and water infrastructure. I would point out that these items received small amounts comparatively, especially if larger edcuation and infrastructure sections are included. Just thought I would explain my motivations in the outline. Smiley

Very well. As soon as I hear from the Pacific and NE, I'll put together a proposal that I will bring before the Senate.

I felt that there was some head shaking as to some of my selections from the responses of the Governors and thus why I felt the need to explain it. Wink As I said before, it was rough and more probably need to be added, including whole new catogories if necessary. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 04:24:50 AM »

Stalled and for very good reason.

The requests are very vague and working them into a framework that gives each what they want is difficult.

Unless you intended for those requests to be handled as a separate bill? This has to be part of a comprehensive bill lest we be bogged down on two or three bills.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »

Stalled and for very good reason.

The requests are very vague and working them into a framework that gives each what they want is difficult.

Unless you intended for those requests to be handled as a separate bill? This has to be part of a comprehensive bill lest we be bogged down on two or three bills.

I think the Senate should be able to figure out a group of bills to accomplish this. Requests that were asked for include another round of public works, renewable energy & infrastructure... I'm not asking for one specific bill, but I am directing the Senate to make sure that the totals asked for are gotten. If you have any issues relating to that, I direct you to the President. I did not list many specific proposals because I felt it was for the Senate to come up with where the money should go. I'm hoping someone other than you (you have been very good with this office) would take up some writing as well.

Listen its not work, its about getting it done period. Thats my number one concern.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies