Name the next three U.S. Presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:32:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Name the next three U.S. Presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Name the next three U.S. Presidents  (Read 172439 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: August 16, 2009, 12:12:44 AM »

LOL! I remember him saying there are "white n-words too" and right after the interview his office put out an apology ahahaha.
Yes, wouldn't it be hilarious if that happened.  I can even see the democrats being like: "How are you demeaning a man in a cryotube?" There would be a new protest movement that arises called "The Tubers" who will say that Kleagle is in an entirely different cryotube and that democrats placed Rosie O'Donnell within in order to keep her from harming any other poor koosh balls.

I have nothing to add.  I just wanted to make the quotebox even larger.  IIRC, if you nest enough quotes, it eventually breaks.

O Rly?

Lets find out.

That's not true. It doesn't.

First red avatar, woohoo!

have you tried it before?

It was done before somewhere. No link on me, sorry.

Let's do it again, though.

might as well. it's after midnight and the mods have better things to worry about.

so.

Dude, you're weird.

yes.

i am.

gkmnbtup.

Why do you switch states and parties everyday?

I Don't Know.

Yes You Do.

But you don't.

Not yet.

Not ever.

I doubt that.

OMG I've never seen so many quotes...

Yup.

This chain shall not be broken.......

ok.

So.........

Dude, you're weird.

No you're weirds.

no u.

RPP bitches!

Let's be weird together !

Fine With Me.

wtf
`AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

not.
lol

What's happening here ?? Shocked
idk

my BFF Jill?

Ok. Now it should work a bit more correctly.
aite.

gh

I'm taking this back to messed up territory.  Note how in the innermost quote, it's having to split up short runs of words, like "45 Mitt Romney" into multiple lines.

thats cool

Now I'm adding in some links to fake quotes to create confusion as to who said what.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2009, 06:10:03 PM by Mechaman »

44. Barack Obama (D-IL) 2009-2010
45. Joseph Biden (D-DE) 2010-2017

46. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) 2017-2021
47. Joseph A. Sestak (D-PA) 2021-2029

*Notes
44. Barack Obama dies from a health condition that it unknown at this current time.
45. Joseph Biden becomes the oldest person to ever a) ascend to the presidency and b)be elected to a 1st term as president (age 70 at Inauguration Day)
46. Lisa Murkowski becomes first woman president and first president from Alaska.
47. Joseph A. Sestak, at the age of 69 on Inauguration Day, would become the 3rd oldest President ever elected. If he had waited until 2025 to run he would've become the oldest ever elected for a first term to office.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »

45. Reactionary
46. Reactionary
47. Reactionary

Ah, the wonder of American politics, and above all politics of the western world. Where despite bickering and name calling the electorate is still  idiotic enough to perceive differences between the two major parties.

Great list.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »
« Edited: March 27, 2010, 10:28:43 AM by Hohoho look at my really pretentiously long username »

Palin v. Landrieu?  Do you really the Dems will nominate a moderate who is either out of office or barely winning?  BTW, LOL @ NC, GA, and LA voting Dem

LA did in 1992 and 1996. Also by that time, GA and NC will both have around 10 to 11 million people live in them states, Most from up North moving down because the cost of living is lower and the weather is better.
1.) VT has voted Republican more times any state, in fact up until 1992, I don't know the last time they didn't.  Is it going to be a GOP bastion soon?
2.) More people does not equal more Democratic, Georgia is growing a lot and is moving right

GA isn't moving right or left right now, its holding steady, but I see it being more Democratic at the natonal level, but saying republican at the local level. Also  LA would go Democratic because the Mary is from there, and 99% of the time the candidate wins their home state.
1.) No, you can't argue Georgia is not moving to the right, its a fact not an opinion
2.) Al Gore did incredibly well in TN in 2000

I said 99% of the time. Also Gore was too liberal for TN when he ran.

I know this is old, but I just have to address the idea that 99% of the time presidential candidates win their homestates.  Keep in mind this list doesn't even take into consideration minor tickets (aka those that either didn't get more than 10 electoral votes or got less than 10% of the popular vote), which would make this statement even more wrong.  Keep in mind that a winner could still lose his home state and win the election, so this isn't just limited to losers (though usually if a candidate does lose his home state, he also loses the election).

Major ticket candidates who have lost their homestates in a presidential contest:
1804/1808: Charles C. Pinckney (Federalist Party) (South Carolina)
1816: Rufus King (Federalist Party) (New York)
1836: Willie Person Mangum (Whig Party) (South Carolina)
1840: Martin Van Buren (Democratic Party) (New York)
1844: James K. Polk (Democratic Party) (Tennessee)
1852: Winfield Scott (Whig Party) (New Jersey)
1856: John C. Fremont (Republican Party) (California) and Millard Fillmore (Know Nothing Party) (New York)
1860: Stephen Douglas (Northern Democratic) (Illinois) and John C. Breckenridge (Southern Democratic) (Kentucky)
1872: Horace Greeley (Liberal Republican) (New York)
1880: Winfield Hancock (Democratic Party) (Pennsylvania)
1888: Grover Cleveland (Democratic Party) (New York)
1892: Benjamin Harrison (Republican Party) (Indiana) and James Weaver (Populist) (Iowa)
1900: William J. Bryan (Democratic Party) (Nebraska)
1904: Alton B. Parker (Democratic Party) (New York)
1912: Theodore Roosevelt (Progressive Party) (New York) and William H. Taft (Republican Party) (Ohio)
1920: James M. Cox (Democratic Party) (Ohio)
1924: John W. Davis (Democratic Party) (West Virginia)
1928: Alfred E. Smith (Democratic Party) (New York)
1932: Herbert Hoover (Republican Party) (California)
1936: Alf Landon (Republican Party) (Kansas)
1944: Thomas E. Dewey (Republican Party) (New York)
1952/1956: Adlai Stevenson (Democratic Party) (Illinois)
1972: George McGovern (Democratic Party) (South Dakota)
1992: Ross Perot (Independent) (Texas)
2000: Albert Gore Jr. (Democratic Party) (Tennessee)

Seems a lot more common than just 1% of the time that a candidate loses their home state in an election. Hell, if I included third party tickets that earned less than 1% of the popular vote, it would be more accurate to say that presidential candidates lose their homestate 50% of the time than the joker who says that presidential candidates win their home states 99% of the time.
I mean really, it depends on the candidate and the location.  For example I severely doubt that Mitt Romney could win Massachusetts in a presidential election.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »

Mitchell Elias Daniels (2013-2021) Republican-Indiana
Mark Peter Begich (2021-2023) Democratic-Alaska*
Brendan Conway Neal (2023-2029) Democratic-Massachusetts

*Dies in office
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »

What's with the Democratic opinion that, whoever the Republican is in 2016, he'll be a one termer?
They're all hacks.

Your list presents a straight four Republican terms. Hence, you are the last person to call anyone a hack.
Parties have won the White House for four straight terms in the past.

Last time was the FDR/Truman era and that was because of:
Great Depression
Republicans falling into shambles basically
FDR's charisma and popularity
Republicans nominating just plain bad candidates in 1936 and 1940
World War II
An upset in 1945

It was basically the perfect storm for the Democrats, like 1980 turned into the perfect storm for the Republicans, albeit 1980 was to a lesser degree.

Don't you mean 1948?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies