French Regionals 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:35:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  French Regionals 2010 (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: French Regionals 2010  (Read 114379 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »

Le président Malvy a fait applaudir à tout rompre les résultats massifs enregistrés dans de vieilles villes ouvrières: Decazeville (Aveyron) 80%, Carmaux (Tarn) 79,8%, Lannemezan (Hautes-Pyrénées) 76,6%, Lavelanet (Ariège) 72,6%..., sans compter sa ville de Figeac (Lot 74,4%). "Même Lourdes, traditionnellement plus proche de la Vierge Marie que de Jean Jaurès, a donné 57% à la gauche", a-t-il dit.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #301 on: March 21, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »

11 seats for Hascoet in Bretagne, when Le Drian proposed 10 to him and he wanted 13-14. Still 4 seats for the stupid UDB.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #302 on: March 21, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »

Couderc has even narrowly lost his hometown of Béziers. Couderc isn't perfect, but in this region, he's a flipping saint.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #303 on: March 21, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »

Lyon bobos hate the UMP: http://elections.interieur.gouv.fr/082/069/069123AR01.html

Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #304 on: March 21, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2010, 05:46:40 PM by Breizh »

Jesus Christ, look at Montaigu: http://elections.interieur.gouv.fr/052/085/085146.html

UMP wins Yvelines, haha.

Ugh at the FN top candidate in Lolzere: http://www.rfo.fr/elections-regionales-2010/resultats/2010/departement_48.html. He has my name and he looks like a pile of sh**t.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »

Richert (UMP) has won Waechter's hometown. Shows well how Richert won, because of good transfers from MEI-centrist green voters, plus probably some Alsace d'abord votes.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

Huchon might be at 45% in the 16th arrondissement... sigh...

lol at rumours these days. "Only" 21.85% for Huchon in the 16th (Paris is in!)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »

...and a map:

(2004 map: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh225/hashemite/frankreich/Regional2004-R2.png)

The polarization of Paris is always stunning, even when you're into French political demographics.

Just waiting for Guyane (I predict a fairly large UMP win) and Martinique (I figure Letchimy will win)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »

FN seats:

Alsace - 5 (-3)
Aquitaine - 0 (-7)
Auvergne - 0 (nc)
Bourgogne - 6 (nc)
Breizh - 0 (nc)
Centre - 7 (-2)
Champagne - 6 (nc)
Corsica - 0 (nc)
Franche-Comté - 4 (-1)
Île-de-France - 0 (-15)
Languedoc-Roussillon - 10 (+2)
Limousin - 0 (nc)
Lorraine - 10 (+1)
Midi-Pyrénées - 0 (-8)
Nord-Pas-de-Calais: 18 (+2)
Basse-Normandie - 0 (-5)
Haute-Normandie - 6 (nc)
PDL - 0 (nc)
Picardie - 8 (nc)
PC - 0 (-3)
PACA - 21 (+3)
Rhône-Alpes - 17 (-1)

Too pressed on time to sum it all up.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »

Fillon is apparently planing to offer his resignation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8579232.stm

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Resignation in this case would mean Fillon handing Sarkozy his resignation, who would in turn refuse it and there would be a cabinet shuffle. Or it means it is accepted, but he forms a new government, in this case Fillon III Cabinet.

After every legislative election held after a new president is elected (1981, 2002, 2007), the Prime Minister resigns and is immediately re-nominated.

I really like that map ... Wink

Not having looked into economic data, but I guess Paris-West, Elsass and South-Eastern PACA are wealthy areas compared with the rest of France ?

Paris, Yvelines, Var and Alpes-Maritimes are very wealthy, yes. Alsace is wealthy but also traditionally very right-wing.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2010, 07:16:30 AM »

Overseas:

Guyane:

UMP-DVG 56.1% (21 seats)
Taubira 43.8% (10 seats)

Martinique:

PPM-Letchimy 48.3% (26 seats)
MIM 41% (12 seats)
UMP 10.3% (3 seats)

Good to see that annoying sod Taubira lose. Hopefully she goes back and hides in her hole.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2010, 03:42:35 PM »

Apparently Darcos is gonna have his head chopped, as could people like Amara and Bockel. Francois Baroin, a young Chirac protege, and Georges Tron, a Villepiniste are likely to get in.

Personally, I don't see Penchard staying in at overseas affairs.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #312 on: March 27, 2010, 07:17:18 AM »

Stop posting these polls in this thread. This isn't the general discussion thread.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #313 on: March 28, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »

Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #314 on: March 28, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »

Would be an awful map for legislative elections for UMP.

Left won at least one "circonscription" in each department.

It would basically be a reverse 1993 map, in a way. But of course, legislative elections would never see those results exactly because turnout patterns will alter stuff, the protest vote and vote for the fringe will be lower and so on and so forth.

Argentan's massive lovefest for Beauvais is funny, btw.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2010, 07:07:34 AM »

Vendée, Loiret, Moselle are frightening !!
And Yvelines, Hauts-de-Seine, Marne, Aube are real bad.
(and, among these, these with no FN are a real disaster, of course).

LOL I just noticed the left won one of the two MPF consituencies. Very bad indeed. Grin

Not too surprising. That's Fontenay le Comte's constituency, and it historically covers a part of the plaine as opposed to the bocage, so it's historically been less reactionary and clerical than the areas of the bocage (except Roche-sur-Yon, which is actually an artificial city and historically Vendéen in location only).
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2010, 11:44:51 AM »

except Roche-sur-Yon, which is actually an artificial city

No, it's just a more recent one, or all cities are artificial. A lot of cities around the word have been the decision of one man, small or big to very big cities.

No, I meant artificial in the political sense. Aside from the fact that it was created by Napoleon in the middle of the bocage, La Roche has a quasi-zero influence on surrounding areas in terms of politics; when compared to cities like Rennes, Nantes, Rouen, Paris, Marseille, Lyon and so forth. Brest historically had little influence since it was an isolated republican working-class stronghold in the middle of the most clerical area of Brittany, and Le Havre is similar (it's surrounded by the Pays de Caux, which has little in common with Le Havre, Gonfreville-L'Orcher excluded).

In a political analysis of Vendée, one of my favourite topics, La Roche has a very little sphere of influence compared to, say, Rennes.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2010, 12:43:29 PM »

except Roche-sur-Yon, which is actually an artificial city

No, it's just a more recent one, or all cities are artificial. A lot of cities around the word have been the decision of one man, small or big to very big cities.

No, I meant artificial in the political sense. Aside from the fact that it was created by Napoleon in the middle of the bocage, La Roche has a quasi-zero influence on surrounding areas in terms of politics; when compared to cities like Rennes, Nantes, Rouen, Paris, Marseille, Lyon and so forth. Brest historically had little influence since it was an isolated republican working-class stronghold in the middle of the most clerical area of Brittany, and Le Havre is similar (it's surrounded by the Pays de Caux, which has little in common with Le Havre, Gonfreville-L'Orcher excluded).

In a political analysis of Vendée, one of my favourite topics, La Roche has a very little sphere of influence compared to, say, Rennes.

Well, aside from the fact we can't compare La Roche-sur-Yon to big cities like those you cited, I would get your point. But anyways, can we actually speak of a 'political influence' of cities today? In our media world, the political influences, which belong to the cultural influences, don't really care of what's happening in the next city, it cares more about what's happening through the waves. Today, the geographical influence that matters is, and by far, the economical one, and here, I doubt La Roche-sur-Yon, which is the biggest city at, how much? 70kms around? (La Rochelle or Nantes is closer?) has no economical influence on its surrounding and then on Vendée. And today the economical influence has so much influence that a lot of the actual current political influence depends on it, lots of local political decisions depends on the 'economical tissue'. And the same for Le Havre, the 1st harbor of France and Brest other big harbor, their size and their economical activities give them an important influence on their territory. And well, historically, maybe it has always been more or less like that, a lot on politics is often based on economy, anyways by far today.

In other words, maybe your point has been historically valid, but today, because of what became the cultural spheres, and the primacy of economy is no more I'd say.

I get your point, and obviously political influence is closely related to economic influence and geographical conditions like roads, communications and work patterns. Yes, but do note that in political sociological analyses we refer to 'Rennes suburbia', 'Paris suburbia' and so forth. You don't often hear about 'the Roche suburbia'.

Suburban growth is not an historic thing, and suburban growth in a lot of France has had a direct political impact. Look the leftization of Breton/western suburbia, the rightization/far-rightization of Lyon suburbia. That's political influence. A city like La Roche, a prefecture, has had minimal impact on the political views of its suburbs. Being a small city near Nantes/La Rochelle plays a role, but its location in historically hostile ground (like Chalon-en-Champagne, used to be a PCF stronghold IIRC) and history in general cannot be forgotten. In political analyses which are coherent and intelligent, not paying attention to historical patterns would be stupid. Read Siegfred's stuff written in 1913, and you'll note how many things he describes haven't changed all that much and how much social-economic patterns he described in 1913 still apply, somewhat, in 2010. It's almost freaky.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2010, 04:28:08 PM »

I'm quite sorry, but I don't have the time nor the courage to answer to all your points, and, as always, you've managed to lose me entirely and get me on another train line that my original line. Ahem.

I maintain my points, that La Roche is an artificial city (which was my sole point originally) with little influence even compared to other middle-cities. And that was only a minor detail to my larger point which was a simple explanation of the plaine vs. bocage in Vendée.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies