Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:28:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Mideast Governor HappyWarrior  (Read 11219 times)
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« on: October 27, 2007, 07:00:48 PM »

Distinguished? I seem to recall him making a ham-fisted attempt at rigging a referendum.

Which one?  If this is true, I will defintly withdraw the nomination.
End to Districts. He PM'd people telling them to consciously go back in the booth and invalidate their vote to end districts.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 11:58:08 PM »

Distinguished? I seem to recall him making a ham-fisted attempt at rigging a referendum.

Which one?  If this is true, I will defintly withdraw the nomination.
End to Districts. He PM'd people telling them to consciously go back in the booth and invalidate their vote to end districts.

But is that really "rigging"?
not in particular, but it should be frowned upon, whatever you decide to call it.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 11:55:57 AM »

FTR, I strongly support Inks for Lieutant Governor here.  He's very strong when it comes to the "important" stuff, namely drumming up voters for regional elections and making sure booths get opened and closed on time.

Mideasterners already have a strong progressive in the Governor's office.  They shouldn't need to worry about Inks' positions on the issues—what's important is that he's competently able to do the job.
I agree
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 02:35:44 PM »

I'm thinking of drafting an initiative thing banning candidates, elected officials or citizens from exerting undue pressure on electors.
If you draft something like that, I'll sponsor it in the Senate.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:52:16 PM »

I say there should be an amendment to the constitution allowing the judicial officer of the region to open and close booths.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »

Constitutionally, yes, and for this reason - he could open a booth by now.  The way our constitution is, only the Governor or Lt. Governor can, so MasterJedi is powerless when it comes to this.  HappyWarrior has already logged on twice today, I say we give him 1 more day.

I was making a philosophical point, not a practical one. Obviously if the Constitution demands a Lt. Governer, then the Region must have one. My question was whether the Region actually needs one. I'm pretty sure that the answer is no.
Well, If HappyWarrior disappears all of the sudden, then it would be nice to have one.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:45:05 AM »

Considering it's twice failure I won't bring up the cloning issue again.  The term limits idea I am not sure about.  I do not want there to be any chance the Mideast becomes a virtual dictatorship as some Regions have.

Pacific and Midwest, he means you.

The Midwest even has their Dictatorship written out in their legislature!

What I mean is in the way that no one new ever takes over their executive branch. 

Yeah I know - but it's at least possible in the Pacific.  The Midwest will only switch if Verin decides to step down.
well, I'm sure they'll get around to electing another one when it's 2040 and Verin hasn't posted since the Gravel administration.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 12:22:08 AM »

Appoint Inks as Judge. I'll be like this fly buzzing in your ear until you do.

Well hes going to be Governor in a month anyway, what would be the point?

He deserves it, if only for a month.

Thank you, but no thank you.  Most likely, the only case that would come up would be regarding this election, and it would be a conflict of interest for me to preside over that case, even though it would be legal.
great, now I have to sue you for not wanting to be judge.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »

I am officially appointing Sensei to the post of Judge in the Mideast. 
i think there needs to be an "Approve/Disapprove" booth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies