Crowning Moment of Awesome Goldmine (NOT ABOUT BORING RELIGIOUS LECTURES) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:21:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Crowning Moment of Awesome Goldmine (NOT ABOUT BORING RELIGIOUS LECTURES) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crowning Moment of Awesome Goldmine (NOT ABOUT BORING RELIGIOUS LECTURES)  (Read 3310 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 21, 2010, 08:05:43 AM »

Clearly you aren't getting the point about BushOK but that doesn't matter anymore. I think he's an elaborate act which makes afleitch's rant even more pathetic.

If he's an elaborate act, which I don't think is true (why do people think there aren't real people out there like him?), then afleitch isn't offending or insulting anyone, so what's the problem?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:19:22 PM »

never said that…. Christianity was not an innate character trait, I simply substituted something else in its place so that I could compare one innate character trait with another (homosexuality with greed)....

All sins are engrained into human nature.  (the desire to lie, cheat, steal, etc, etc, etc)

Is there any reason why all the sins you choose are those that do harm to other people? Why not something about working on the Sabbath, etc. as an analogy for homosexuality?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:08:16 PM »

Is there any reason why all the sins you choose are those that do harm to other people? Why not something about working on the Sabbath, etc. as an analogy for homosexuality?

well, IMO, working on the Sabbath is not a NT sin, rather it is a ceremonial law of the Law of Moses and is symbolic of the coming kingdom of God which is fulfilled in Christ.  

but, if you’re looking for a sin that is only internal and doesn’t necessarily harm anyone else outside of yourself, then what about idolatry?  Idolatry doesn’t have to involve others and it is certainly innate and something we can all relate to.  Or how about drunkenness, laziness, or gluttony?

Idolatry works, actually. That's the kind of thing I had in mind.

The others you mentioned are self-destructive in a physical way (gluttony) or burden others to take care of you (laziness) or both (drunkenness), but since you can be a glutton and still go to the gym the next day, it's probably not out of the ballpark. I know some people would argue that homosexuality is self-destructive, but I know I'd be in far worse shape physically and emotionally if I were forcing myself to be celibate and alone, so I can't accept that. I didn't specify non-self-destructive to begin with but I'd add it here, because you don't have to be Christian to want someone to not commit self-destructive behavior.

(If we go the AIDS route, I'll stipulate that we can talk about lesbianism, then.)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »

Clearly you aren't getting the point about BushOK but that doesn't matter anymore. I think he's an elaborate act which makes afleitch's rant even more pathetic.

If he's an elaborate act, which I don't think is true (why do people think there aren't real people out there like him?), then afleitch isn't offending or insulting anyone, so what's the problem?

Then why is he feeding into the act? Would he have had that type of response for Vander?

I don't presume afleitch thinks Bushie is an act. Like me, he thinks he's real. I'm asking because if you think he's an act, why then should it matter what afleitch says? Do you really think he's an act?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »

All these claims of incompetence...

To what high standard of competence and good governance are we comparing this administration to? The last administration? Lying the country into a war, outing CIA agents because you don't like their husbands, rewriting laws to torture people. It's a miracle they lasted 8 years with just the one conviction. Or we comparing it to Mr Arkansas ol' southern charm Bill with interns under his desk giving him blowies? Or old senile Ron selling weapons to the Iranians and illegally overthrowing sovereign governments? Carter? Maybe Ford pardoning a crock that anointed him President? Or Nixon that crock that was President?

I don't know what's more predictable - a jackass former car thief baselessly labeling a government of the opposing party corrupt or idiots on a twobit asinine chat forum populated by 12 year olds labeling a government they don't like incompetent when all that government's done is try to make the best out of a bad situation while trying to fulfill their campaign promises.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies