Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:50:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic  (Read 57026 times)
Trilobyte

« on: March 05, 2008, 12:25:57 AM »

Momentum would be important if Pennsylvania was next week. It's not; it's in April. By the time Pennsylvania votes, any momentum from today will have been completely forgotten, and Obama will still have a 150+ delegate lead.

And Hillary has to eat two big losses before it.

I don't think Wyoming and Mississippi will make much of an impact on Pennsylvania. Clinton suffered through eleven straight losses and still managed to pull out what looks like a double-digit victory in Ohio and tie Obama in Texas. Apparently, she has some skills that Giuliani lacks. Ultimately, the demographics of Pennsylvania will decide the winner, although, realistically, I think the result there will be close, probably within five percentage points.

If Obama can eek out a win in the Texas Primary, I think it'd be a huge boost. That way he can essentially claim a 50-50 split on March 4th.

I agree, and if some new revelation surfaces from the Rezko trial, Obama could be in for weeks and weeks of unfavorable news, offsetting his momentum from wins in WY and MS.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies