Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:03:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 48
Author Topic: Department of Federal Elections: Homelycooking, SoFE  (Read 184027 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: February 24, 2014, 11:10:03 PM »

How did you determine who Lief intended to vote for for President?  What meaning did you give to his vote for "Sorry Duke"?

I handled this in the same way I dealt with Napoleon's "Cranky Blue Clarence" stupidity - I ignored the frivolous write-in and considered the vote to be cast for the (actual) candidate with the highest preference.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #851 on: February 25, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »

Well, I have to make it official after the results are certified (and not before), so I formally concede the Midwest Senate race.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #852 on: February 25, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

Due to the concession of candidate Lumine, the Midwest Senate runoff scheduled to begin this Friday is cancelled.

TNF is elected Midwest Senator.

homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #853 on: February 26, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »

I'll be heading off to Florida for a few days and will have very little Internet access. Administration of the special Senate election will be left to the Deputy Secretary of Federal Elections Talleyrand.

He has been instructed to open and close the voting booth in my absence. He has further been instructed to certify the winner of the election if the outcome is not in dispute so that the elected Senator may take office as soon as possible. However, if there is a dispute as to the outcome of the election, I will count and certify the election result when I return, or as soon as I can get onto the Internet.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #854 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #855 on: March 03, 2014, 12:40:05 AM »

Due to the sheer closeness of the final result (currently hinging on one vote, with Lumine ahead 68 to 67), I will not certify the election results today in my capacity as Deputy Secretary of Federal Elections. I will instead wait for Secretary Homelycooking to return and release his official report so we avoid any potential issues here.

It should be noted voter turnout was the highest in Atlasian history in terms of raw votes cast.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #856 on: March 03, 2014, 12:52:26 AM »

Just in case...

http://www.docdroid.net/9oxs/february-2014-federal-special-election-at-large-senate.pdf.html
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #857 on: March 03, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »

You think I'm going to delete the booth? Roll Eyes
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #858 on: March 03, 2014, 12:54:37 AM »

I think more along the lines of a Velasco situation.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #859 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:46 AM »

Yeah I highly doubt that was what he was thinking of, but man, if you really wanted to spur activity Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #860 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:28 AM »

Yeah, seriously?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #861 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:41 AM »

Not at all. I was actually going to ask you to save it in its current form, but I realized I could just do it myself without bothering you. I'm curious how invalidations work... Hypothetically, if it took four weeks for the results to be certified and a ballot changed three weeks and six days after the election, is it invalid? Does it all hinge on the timing of certification? If there is a way to save the ballot booth almost immediately after it closes, could that be trusted instead?

I mean, obviously I have an interest in Lumine winning, but I'm curious. And with such a close margin, even the slightest change could alter the entire election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #862 on: March 03, 2014, 01:12:24 AM »

You forgot wormyguy.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #863 on: March 03, 2014, 01:17:54 AM »

It's just an interesting scenario. If you can't vote once the booth is closed, arguably, in an ideal world, there should be no mechanism to spoil your ballot beyond that time either. If you ask me, it should be common practice for the SoFE to save the ballot booth immediately after it closes. I don't know where that fits into Atlasian law or if the saved booth is currently recognizable to be used in the count... but the stuff with Velasco made me uneasy enough to want to save it "just in case." Is that bad or dishonest?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #864 on: March 03, 2014, 01:18:31 AM »

Wasn't GPorter's vote counted because multiple people had seen the vote and knew it had existed unaltered when the booth had closed? I assume that's what would happen in most of these scenarios.

Anyway, I'll leave the business of answering Hagrid's question to Homely, since he is in charge of his Department and I am just his humble servant.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #865 on: March 03, 2014, 01:19:06 AM »

It's just an interesting scenario. If you can't vote once the booth is closed, arguably, in an ideal world, there should be no mechanism to spoil your ballot beyond that time either. If you ask me, it should be common practice for the SoFE to save the ballot booth immediately after it closes. I don't know where that fits into Atlasian law or if the saved booth is currently recognizable to be used in the count... but the stuff with Velasco made me uneasy enough to want to save it "just in case." Is that bad or dishonest?

Some people say there is a right to edit your ballot for twenty minutes. Locking the thread before twenty minutes has passed since the last vote would violate that right.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #866 on: March 03, 2014, 01:19:45 AM »

Wasn't GPorter's vote counted because multiple people had seen the vote and knew it had existed unaltered when the booth had closed? I assume that's what would happen in most of these scenarios.

Anyway, I'll leave the business of answering Hagrid's question to Homely, since he is in charge of his Department and I am just his humble servant.

That and his ego caused him to brag to everyone about it lol. The old Northeast.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #867 on: March 03, 2014, 01:27:15 AM »

Some people say there is a right to edit your ballot for twenty minutes. Locking the thread before twenty minutes has passed since the last vote would violate that right.

It would not since the voting period had ended in any case.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #868 on: March 03, 2014, 01:30:42 AM »

That's not necessarily my interpretation but someone could argue that.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #869 on: March 03, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »

That's not necessarily my interpretation but someone could argue that.

Someone could argue that three days is sufficient, and by voting last minute, you forfeit your right to a twenty minute window.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #870 on: March 05, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »

So... Does anybody know when Homelycooking will return?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #871 on: March 05, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 01:24:24 PM by homelycooking »

Hello,

I apologize for not getting back to this sooner - I couldn't help it. Family business intervened, and frankly that's more important to me.

I will count and certify the election result before midnight tonight.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #872 on: March 05, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2014, 03:41:44 PM by homelycooking »

OFFICIAL RESULTS

AT-LARGE SENATE (election to fill vacancy)

FIRST BALLOT

ADAM GRIFFIN 59 (Talleyrand, Mr X, TNF, Snowguy, Cranberry, Badgate, Windjammer, Snowstalker, Bore, Hawkeye, Rejectamenta, Adam OABB, Averroës Nix, Antonio V, Marokai, Sirnick, DemPGH, Nathan, Icehand Gino, Hashemite, Xahar, Brewer, Zanas, Njall, Ebowed, A. Belano, Peeperkorn, Morgieb, A. Griffin, Polnut, Bgwah, Napoleon, Malaspina, Gass, P. Kemp, Gen. Mung Beans, A. F. Jones, Progressive Realist, Sir John Johns, Bacon King, Tyrion, Mechaman, Oakvale, Sol, Maxque, BRTD, Afleitch, Matt from VT, Meeker, ilikeverin, nclib, Cincinnatus, Peternerdman, Keystone Phil, Clinton96, Ogre Mage, JoeMad, Seatown, Velasco)

LUMINE VON REUENTAL 54 (Dereich, Scott, Frodo, PiT, IndTX, A Person, YSY, DC al Fine, J. Enderman, SWE, Sjoyce, Lumine, Hagrid, GAworth, A. Kreitzer, Cris, Mordecai, M. Rose, Flo, Superique, R. Keaton, Reaganfan, NHI, MasterJedi, TDAS04, Oldies, Outofbox, Hifly, Sanchez, Fritz, JerryAR, Cassius, Oak Hills, Spamage, Goldwater, Rooney, Benconstine, TJ in Cleve, tmthforu, BaconBacon, Cathcon, sbane, NCYankee, Pingvin, Inks, JCL, JulioMadrid, RogueBeaver, Daveosupremo, dead0man, Siren, Miles, Pessimistic, Duke)

POIROT 23 (Homely, Grumps, Lief, Dallasfan, EarlAW, Foucaulf, Deus naturae, Spiral, Shua, Supersonic, Kalwejt, ZuWo, Small L, Elections Guy, Torie, Cinyc, Angus, Jbrase, Thomas D, Smid, Poirot, Winfield, smoltchanov)

SIBBOLETH 2 (WI) (Franzl, Sibboleth)

SECOND BALLOT

LUMINE VON REUENTAL 68 (Dereich, Scott, Frodo, PiT, IndTX, A Person, YSY, DC al Fine, J. Enderman, SWE, Sjoyce, Lumine, Hagrid, GAworth, A. Kreitzer, Cris, Mordecai, M. Rose, Flo, Superique, R. Keaton, Reaganfan, NHI, MasterJedi, TDAS04, Oldies, Outofbox, Hifly, Sanchez, Fritz, JerryAR, Cassius, Oak Hills, Spamage, Goldwater, Rooney, Benconstine, TJ in Cleve, tmthforu, BaconBacon, Cathcon, sbane, NCYankee, Pingvin, Inks, JCL, JulioMadrid, RogueBeaver, Daveosupremo, dead0man, Siren, Miles, Pessimistic, Duke, Deus naturae, Spiral, Shua, Supersonic, Kalwejt, ZuWo, Small L, Elections Guy, Torie, Cinyc, Angus, Jbrase, Thomas D, Smid)

ADAM GRIFFIN 67 (Talleyrand, Mr X, TNF, Snowguy, Cranberry, Badgate, Windjammer, Snowstalker, Bore, Hawkeye, Rejectamenta, Adam OABB, Averroës Nix, Antonio V, Marokai, Sirnick, DemPGH, Nathan, Icehand Gino, Hashemite, Xahar, Brewer, Zanas, Njall, Ebowed, A. Belano, Peeperkorn, Morgieb, A. Griffin, Polnut, Bgwah, Napoleon, Malaspina, Gass, P. Kemp, Gen. Mung Beans, A. F. Jones, Progressive Realist, Sir John Johns, Bacon King, Tyrion, Mechaman, Oakvale, Sol, Maxque, BRTD, Afleitch, Matt from VT, Meeker, ilikeverin, nclib, Cincinnatus, Peternerdman, Keystone Phil, Clinton96, Ogre Mage, JoeMad, Seatown, Homely, Grumps, Lief, Dallasfan, EarlAW, Foucaulf, Franzl, Sibboleth, Velasco)

EXHAUSTED 3 (Poirot, Winfield, smoltchanov)

LUMINE VON REUENTAL is elected At-Large Senator.

There was a total turnout of 138 votes, with 0 ballot papers being rejected.

I, Homelycooking, Secretary of Federal Elections, declare the above results to be a complete and accurate summary of the votes cast.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #873 on: March 05, 2014, 03:37:50 PM »

Why Velasco's vote is invalid this time? (sorry for being boring)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #874 on: March 05, 2014, 03:46:58 PM »

Made a mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies