Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:50:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson case (Announcement Monday night)  (Read 49166 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 24, 2014, 10:47:21 PM »

But anyway, I'd say that it's fairly clear that the police have gone out of their way to provoke a riot tonight.

Surely this isn't a surprise

it's their way of celebrating.  we won, let's smash some heads.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:06 PM »

starting to get some good property destruction going Smiley

reportedly the crowd broke into the corner shop where Brown was prior to the shooting... "looting", but impressively symbolic looting.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »

Anyone who uses tonight as a smokescreen to loot or steal (and it is a very tiny % of the protesters out there, despite what conservative outlets will have you believe) should and will be punished to the fullest extent of the law. They are just as scummy as the prosecutor.

what a responsible and reasonable adult!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »

looks like the cops have to devote all of their resources to protecting the station so the crowds will have their way for a while.  hopefully they can get their hands on some useful things.. plenty secured a stock of alcohol and cigs.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »

Darren Wilson has resigned from the Ferguson PD, calling it "the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Goddamn every single thing Darren Wilson says makes me more and more sure he's an awful human being.

I don't understand what's so bad about that relatively boilerplate statement, except possibly for the fact that it was made at all.  Wilson clearly is parlaying his accidental fame into celebrity, which feels dirty, but it's hard for me to say I wouldn't be doing the same thing.

now a memoir would be a bit much.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »

Please don't turn this guy into some kind of right wing celebrity, signing autographs at gun shows and speaking at events. I get defending him, but he is no hero.

Freedom Isn't Free: Reflections on Serving and Protecting America by Darren Wilson
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies